“Closed for good”
Review of Brew Urban Cafe - CLOSED

Brew Urban Cafe
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I walked over here from Las Olas for a cup of coffee only to find out that this place is closed. The bartender at Dubliners later told me that a sushi bar is moving into this location. I walked a few block on the same street and found a fantastic new coffee bar called The Grind. I ended up going to The Grind a few times on this trip and each time I was impressed with their coffee and service.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Great atmosphere in this out of the way coffee house. Comfortable and artistic. Great coffee. I tried mine with the Almond milk, which was pretty good, but a compromise. Lactose free milk or cream would be a better addition (if management is reading this).

In concert with another reviewer: though I don't order much decaf, it would certainly seem appropriate that they have decaf coffee...I didn't know they didn't.

My service was helpful and friendly.

1  Thank Spencer D
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stopped here for a cup of coffee and had their brew of the day, which was very good. The coffee was smooth and not bitter at all. The guy who served me my coffee was not friendly. This is a rather small coffee shop. It is in an old building and is very quaint and relaxing. The view is not that good as it overlooks a small parking lot and railroad tracks. The intra-coastal is just a few blocks away. It was rather hot and stuffy inside as they did not have the ac on and they had no fans. I recommend eating at tarpon bend right next door that has excellent seafood.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

If you, like me, love coffee but can't have caffeine, this is not the place for you. For some reason I keep going here thinking things will be different but the same thing happens almost every time -- I order a decaf coffee and am told that they don't serve decaf coffee. Then I ask for a decaf espresso drink and am told that they are out of beans, or that their grinder doesn't work, or some other reason why they can't serve a decaf drink. I can't understand why they don't have a single cup melitta or a French press available. It is such a shame that a great place to hang out that is so close to my apartment doesn't seem to have an issue with ignoring part of its customer base.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

It is a little way off the popular Las Olas strip but the laid back atmosphere and sublime coffee is well worth the effort.
We had just had a great Sunday breakfast a block away and had deliberately avoided a coffee hit to save ourselves for the real thing. A cool barista who really cared prepared delicious cups of coffee to individual taste. I had a dupio espresso - hot, thick, fruity with a light froth on top- perfect.
Basic bench seats and tables make for a trendy and relaxed environment and we were free to nurse our coffee without pressure to move or buy more.
Having already had breakfast we had no room for pastries but they looked delicious.

1  Thank JCHappyskier