“an absolute dump ! DO NOT consider staying here EVER!”

Ocean Manor Resort Hotel
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Stanfordville, New York
“an absolute dump ! DO NOT consider staying here EVER!”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

LETS START WITH THREE Ds... DIRTY, DINGY, DISGUSTING! the lobby is a complete fake out, hallways and rooms are nasty .. peeling paint chips , roaches, just flat out dirty ! they gave us one towel for four people, the employees dont care about anything you say or ask for, the AC didnt work and nobody addressed the concern, the first nite was full of rowdy out of control clientele that fights broke out , people running and yelling down all the hallways between 1 and 5 in the morning, police were called, we left the next day, you have to rent chairs if you want them right on their own beach, COMPLETE RIP OFF ! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE, THEY DONT DESERVE IT !!

3 Thank dennis p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
WOODBURN, KY
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I planned us a trip to this place and it was the one of the worst mistakes of my life. When we got to the hotel the front desk was so disorganized I wanted to scream! after 30 minutes she got us a room, but we already had reservations so I am not sure what took her so long, she gave us a room and when we went to the room the door stuck when we tried to open it, then we looked out on the balcony and there were 3 men working on scaffels staring at us. So I went back to the front desk and requested a new room, she took another 20 minutes and said she couldnt give us a king bed but would 2 doubles be okay and I said yes just so it has a balcony without men staring in, so we went to that room and opened the door to the balcony and there are these gigantic fans down below that are so loud you can't hear anything but them, forget hearing the ocean waves - no way, I guess they are the fans to the whole hotel air conditioning system. it was a joke. But we stayed in that room, because at that point I figured every room was going to have a problem. The bathroom door was dryrotted on the bottom. when you are out on the balcony there are all kinds of old lounge chairs just thrown in a big pile, and all kinds of trash just thrown down there. Now to top off the whole thing- I asked for a hair dryer and housekeeping told me she would get me one, well by 7 that evening she hadnt brought one so I called the front desk and the Manager told me they sell them as Winne Dixie and CVS. So that was it - we checked out , it was a BIG joke, do not go to this place if you want anykind of comfort. It is partly my fault for not realizing it was a 2 star, but I wouldnt even rate it that. More like a minus 2.

3 Thank LINDAWoodburn_Ky

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We arrived on August 1, 2011 early evening and pulling in and seeing the first floor we were impressed. And thought the reviews were pretty harsh...Not! Once we were given our room and went to the second floor. We were met with aweful smells and odors, the room smelled like mildew the lamps in the room did not work. The room was a dump!!! so we asked to be moved and then we were moved to the 3rd floor. The room was a little better but it still had an odor but we were only going to be there 2 nights. However our door was not secure so we placed a chair up against it while we were inside the room.

3 Thank ArleneL79
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2011

ok after booking this hotel, i read all of the reviews and i got really scared, but when we go to the hotel the valet workers were really nice and the lobby was beautiful. we got a really nice clean room with a city view on the 8th floor is was gorgeous. their was construction next door and it was annoying, but it was all good. the pool was really clean and the food was great there! i really recommend the hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank KarolinaS22
westchester, ny
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We happened to have been lucky and got 2 updated rooms which were actually very nice. Oceanfront view was spectacular. The cleaning staff is terrible. One particular cleaning girl had a terrible attitude. The rooms were not properly cleaned at all and the proper amount of towels were not provided for my family. We had to put the used towels on the balcony to dry just so that we had towels to shower with the next day. Now the good part... upon complaining to the front desk, I was able to have a private meeting with the hotel manager who was very understanding and accomodating to my family, therefore making our stay much more pleasant. The hotel is under renovation and has the potential to be a nice place to stay in the future. I would probably visit this hotel again.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

We booked a condo and when I got the address I was really worried because I saw the reviews. Since we were in a condo that happened to be in the same building as the hotel but not related to the hotel, we ended up doing the right thing. Our room was very clean, smelled nice, no bugs. We did have to take garbage to a garbage room which was absolutely disgusting. No wonder it's rumored this place has roaches. We ordered a variety of foods and everything was excellent. We ordered frozen drinks several times but they weren't very consistent. Prices were different and a mudslide would be made with ice-cream and chocolate one time and then nothing fancy or even very good the next. We did get to watch sea turtles hatch on the beach which was excellent. My advise is do your research and book a privately owned condo there. We were in 319 and the owner was great.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank b_perigo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The resort fees, parking fees and local call charges made the price quoted imcrease.

3 Thank costa56