“Worst hotel I ever stayed at”

Ocean Manor Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 15 September 2011

When we pulled up to the hotel, there was music blaring so loudly, I could hardly hear myself think. When I went inside to check in, the room the music was coming from was directly across from the check-in counter, and there was no one at the counter. It took us a LONG time to check in. I was abhorred by the room's condition, which included grease all over the dressor, missing light fixtures, bathroom fixtures that were badly stained,etc. It was so late and I was so exhausted, but I literally stood in the center of the room for about 30 minutes wondering if I could fall asleep standing up, because I did not want to get in the bed.

The only enjoyable thing while staying at this hotel was the beer I had the next day at the Tiki bar.

Room Tip: I heard the upper part of the hotel is under renovation. If you are dead set on going here, which I...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BrianofVA
There are newer reviews for Ocean Manor Beach Resort Hotel

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I cannot believe what I'm reading!! I rented a room for a week that was privately owned...guess this is the way to go at this hotel!. The place is nice...it was in the middle of being upgraded and looking pretty good. The apartment I stayed in was in a category of its own. I went through some listings on here because this came up in the search engine...and from what I see, nobody has left a review for this specific unit. The unit or condo # was 808...I'm almost positive. Great amenities, VERY clean, the view was breathtaking...The pictures were great and didn't even give it true justice. It looked even better in person! Definitely maje sure you are renting from a unit that is privately owned! Very important!!! Not only was the apartment gorgeous, but the owner was so sweet and thoughtful...she left a bottle of wine and fresh fruit as a welcome gift. Nobody does those kinds of things anymore...such a nice touch. I recommended this place to a friend and she came back to me with these terrible reviews and I can't believe it's the same hotel. We had such an amazing time! And plan on going back there again!!!

Room Tip: Contact condo 808! Trust me...you will NOT be disappointed. What a sweet woman to deal with. Easy...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fran H
Reviewed 4 September 2011

LETS START WITH THREE Ds... DIRTY, DINGY, DISGUSTING! the lobby is a complete fake out, hallways and rooms are nasty .. peeling paint chips , roaches, just flat out dirty ! they gave us one towel for four people, the employees dont care about anything you say or ask for, the AC didnt work and nobody addressed the concern, the first nite was full of rowdy out of control clientele that fights broke out , people running and yelling down all the hallways between 1 and 5 in the morning, police were called, we left the next day, you have to rent chairs if you want them right on their own beach, COMPLETE RIP OFF ! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE, THEY DONT DESERVE IT !!

3  Thank dennis p
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I planned us a trip to this place and it was the one of the worst mistakes of my life. When we got to the hotel the front desk was so disorganized I wanted to scream! after 30 minutes she got us a room, but we already had reservations so I am not sure what took her so long, she gave us a room and when we went to the room the door stuck when we tried to open it, then we looked out on the balcony and there were 3 men working on scaffels staring at us. So I went back to the front desk and requested a new room, she took another 20 minutes and said she couldnt give us a king bed but would 2 doubles be okay and I said yes just so it has a balcony without men staring in, so we went to that room and opened the door to the balcony and there are these gigantic fans down below that are so loud you can't hear anything but them, forget hearing the ocean waves - no way, I guess they are the fans to the whole hotel air conditioning system. it was a joke. But we stayed in that room, because at that point I figured every room was going to have a problem. The bathroom door was dryrotted on the bottom. when you are out on the balcony there are all kinds of old lounge chairs just thrown in a big pile, and all kinds of trash just thrown down there. Now to top off the whole thing- I asked for a hair dryer and housekeeping told me she would get me one, well by 7 that evening she hadnt brought one so I called the front desk and the Manager told me they sell them as Winne Dixie and CVS. So that was it - we checked out , it was a BIG joke, do not go to this place if you want anykind of comfort. It is partly my fault for not realizing it was a 2 star, but I wouldnt even rate it that. More like a minus 2.

3  Thank LINDAWoodburn_Ky
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We arrived on August 1, 2011 early evening and pulling in and seeing the first floor we were impressed. And thought the reviews were pretty harsh...Not! Once we were given our room and went to the second floor. We were met with aweful smells and odors, the room smelled like mildew the lamps in the room did not work. The room was a dump!!! so we asked to be moved and then we were moved to the 3rd floor. The room was a little better but it still had an odor but we were only going to be there 2 nights. However our door was not secure so we placed a chair up against it while we were inside the room.

3  Thank ArleneL79
Reviewed 8 August 2011

ok after booking this hotel, i read all of the reviews and i got really scared, but when we go to the hotel the valet workers were really nice and the lobby was beautiful. we got a really nice clean room with a city view on the 8th floor is was gorgeous. their was construction next door and it was annoying, but it was all good. the pool was really clean and the food was great there! i really recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank KarolinaS22
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We happened to have been lucky and got 2 updated rooms which were actually very nice. Oceanfront view was spectacular. The cleaning staff is terrible. One particular cleaning girl had a terrible attitude. The rooms were not properly cleaned at all and the proper amount of towels were not provided for my family. We had to put the used towels on the balcony to dry just so that we had towels to shower with the next day. Now the good part... upon complaining to the front desk, I was able to have a private meeting with the hotel manager who was very understanding and accomodating to my family, therefore making our stay much more pleasant. The hotel is under renovation and has the potential to be a nice place to stay in the future. I would probably visit this hotel again.