“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!”

Ocean Manor Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 9 July 2012

A third party made a reservation here for us during a 1 night stop over on our way back from the Bahamas. This hotel is HORRIBLE!!! I am embarrassed how much we paid for our "1 bedroom suite". I can't believe how they are able to rent out rooms. Do NOT be fooled by the pictures on their website. The rooms look NOTHING like this. Yes the room was large with a great view. But it was not not clean, had not been updated in 20 years, had peeling finish in the sink and the tub was too scary to use with peeling paint on the ceiling. We asked if they had a better room and were given a key to an even worse room so we had to stay where we were since we had no where else to go. To make it even worse, I requested a later checkout (which they said was no problem) since we were not being picked up for the airport till later in the day. I had 2 different people come to our room asking why we hadn't left yet and when we would be leaving. Totally rude! To top it off the balcony was nasty, moldy and trashy. In other words, we wouldn't even step out there much less sit on the furniture.

Save your money and stay anywhere else but here!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in any room at this hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank MorgansInTennessee
Write a ReviewReviews (2,174)

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We had read many reviews before we booked this trip and after. There was a lot of mixed reviews some good some bad. But we thought we would give it a try. My advice is don't give a try. First of all you have to pay $7 a day to park your vehicle plus a $10 resort fee, which I'm not sure what that really covers. Because the wi-fi only worked maybe once or twice the whole week we where there. If you need to use their computers to get on the internet it $5.95 for 15 minutes. Which is a total rip off because it should be included with the resort fees.

Our room was decent, had two bedrooms and the kitchen that we requested. They need to do a lot more cleaning there. We wouldn't walk barefoot on the floor because they were so nasty. Your feet would turn black. There was dirty dishes in the dishwasher. They do not provide anything to clean dishes so bring your own. We had to go out and buy some. We cleaned all the dishes both in dishwasher and in cabinets and even cleaned out the cabinets because they were so dirty. Not much of a vacation when you have to go and clean the place your staying in.

Also if you need towels, good luck with that. There was 4 adults and 2 small children in our room, and the first day of arrival we had two towels in each bathroom and 1 wash cloth each. So we where short 2 towels and 5 wash cloths. We asked for me and they did give some that day. We had to ask several times for housekeeping to come clean our rooms and they still wouldn't leave us enough towels even after telling them we had 6 people in our room so we need 6 towels. One day we came in they had don't anything to our room and there was 1 towel on the kitchen table. We went down to ask for towels and we were told that they were out of towels. This was an everyday thing though, we had to ask everyday for more towels and wash cloths. If a motel doesn't have enough towels I think it is time to order some. The front desk was not friendly at all and would not try to help you. I don't see how they keep operating, it is terrible!!

The only good thing about this place was the beach. It was a nice beach, the water was beautiful! On the beach tho you are not allowed any cooloers, umbrellas, beach chairs that is not rented from them. Umbrellas are $10 a day, chairs are $5. That also should be included with the resort fee or should be allowed to bring your own. I was even told you wasn't allowed to have sand toys and water floats, that they would say something. I young man told me he got yelled at for having them and told me to be careful that they might say something to me too. They are very picky about everything. So just pay a little more getting something nicer and you won't have to put up with this crazy people.

Room Tip: There is no good trip. RUN far away from this place!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank jen_2000
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My self and my girlfriend stayed at the Ocean Manor twice and we LOVE it. It's right on the beach. The Hotel is being remodeled, so it's a little messy and noisy But it has beautiful Restraunt, tiki bar has great food, staff is accommodating . Convience of walking distants to shops n grocery store... Nice place to get away and lay on the beach... I'm going again with my family in july....

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lorem67
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We absolutely loved our stay at this vacation spot. We rented Condo 808 from an independent owner which I would highly recommend. The condo is very nice as it has been well maintained and is in excellent condition. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and pool from the room. It was perfect for us because we were able to stay at a place right on the beach. We loved how relaxing it was to stay at the condo and also had the ability to enjoy the nice local restaurants, shopping, and nightlife in Ft. Lauderdale. I would definitely recommend this condo as an excellent vacation destination for those looking for a relaxing spot and a wonderful stay at the beach. We hope to be able to return in the near future!

Room Tip: I would highly recommend renting from an independent owner.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kendra O
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is the last place anyone should consider staying.
First of all, within a day and half- I had been put into 4 rooms. The first one was nothing like I had reserved. I reserved and paid for a room with a king bed, ocean front balcony and a full kitchen. What I was given was 2 double beds, a broken microwave and mini fridge. After complaining, I was “UPGRADED” to a 10th floor apartment, sounds fancy huh? No, the building is 11 stories, and there is only ONE elevator that you are allowed to use the luggage cart in. So after FINALLY getting to our new room- the A/C was broken so the room was about 90 degrees and the room had roaches. After that, they put us into a room that they were renovating (it wasn’t even finished) just so that we could have a place to sleep. We couldn't even leave and close/lock our door because the door lock wasn't reading any keys. So within day 1, we had been moved to 3 different rooms. Day 2, we were finally placed in a decent room, still not that great though and the ENTIRE floor smelt of burning marijuana. GAG!! Thank you Ocean Manor for ruining our vacation.
Next thing you should know- parking is an additional $21 per car. Yes, that price includes valet, but if you want to park your own car since they aren’t responsible for any damages that they may incur on your vehicle, you have to park across the street were they allow about 25 spots for cars to park. I was there on the 4th of July and when I went to park- they had sold every last spot to people who weren’t even staying in the hotel… so even after paying for parking, there wasn’t any where to park close to the hotel.
Most aggravating thing- the rules for the pool and the beach. NO coolers, NO drinks, NO beach chairs and NO umbrella’s are allowed anywhere on their property!!! I had to beg the security officer to let me take a bottle of water to the dang pool. And last but not least, their pool closes at 8pm. Really, ugh!
The one good thing I can say about this place is that the front desk staff is very nice. But seriously, save yourself the time and PLEASE go somewhere else and enjoy the vacation you are paying for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Kaylee T
Reviewed 5 July 2012

It sucks the rooms are horrible we had to switch rooms because the air didn't work. They put no effort in maintaining their rooms what so ever and god forbid if you want towels better off bringing your own. Oh and the beach is private so you can't bring coolers or umbrellas. You can however rent some some chairs and umbrellas from the resort for a fee. ( the man that runs the renting of the equipment on the beach is really sweet )but its frustrating that you can't bring your own stuff. The lady at the front desk was another plus her name is Vivian and is very kind and very helpful. Her and Claudio the guy that runs the umbrellas are the only two that were any kind of nice and helpful. The tiki bar they have is nice but over priced. I had a nice time when I wasn't there. I recommend you go some place else you will be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank TashaPabon
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I rented unit 808 @ ocean manor resort hotel for a week from an owner over there. Room was very, very clean. I traveled solo for some R&R and I definitely got to relax. The unit was very nice and had an amazing FULL kitchen that I took advantage of. The tiki-bar downstairs has great food and a nightlife. There is a gift shop, restaurant, coffee shop and full service hair salon in the lobby. I didn't have to go anywhere. Only negative is that there is no fitness gym over there. Here is a link to the rental I booked: http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/66797.html

Room Tip: 808 is a great room get a room facing the beach and with a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo