“Oceanfront.”

Ocean Manor Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #21 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 12 September 2013

In my opinion this is a great place to stay and very affordable. It's right off the ocean so you can easily walk from the hotel out to the beach. They also have a pool and a great tiki bar in the back. Maybe 10-15 minutes to the center of Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank FtLaudyFred

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive place to celebrate our anniversary and stumbled onto this place. Some of the decor was old and mismatched, but our room was clean, no bug evidence, and very large. The view of the ocean was outstanding. The Bamboo Tiki Bar was very fun and lively. Many locals were there. The music was not too loud for conversation and there were many tv's to view sports. All of the staff was very friendly and attentive.

If you want spiffy, brand new, this is not for you. If you want a comfy bed, a nice pool area, and food on the beach, it's a great spot.

Try out the NY Deli down the street for breakfast-delicious and such nice people.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank avidcamper4
Reviewed 4 September 2013

i have to first say that I was initially very skeptical about staying at the Ocean Manor due to all the negative reviews I had read. However, I really wanted to stay an an oceanfront resort and I decided to take my chances because the prices were reasonable and I had contacted the hotel several times in advance and spoken to several staff about my concerns. They were all honest in saying that some of the rooms were still under construction but that they personally would stay as guests themselves. I decided to take my chances and go with both my 16 and 10 y/o daughters. I decided not to rent a car and use the hotel car services. The following is my experience.

- The Car Service/Valet team was exceptional. I was greeted at the airport by George who was extremely pleasant and had a great sense of humor. He drove 45 mins in the opposite direction of the Ocean Manor to take me to another hotel where I had to pick up my food vouchers and boarding passes as I was going to take a cruise on the Bahamas Celebration. George waited for me 20 mins and then drove to the Ocean Manor. I was not charged additionally for this. I also used them to take me and pick me up from the Palm Beach Port which was close to an hour away. There prices were reasonable and they were all very hospitable and pleasant.They also were helpful in directing us to local places to go. Thank you George, Gabrielle and Chris.When we arrived at the Ocean Manor I was so impressed. The lobby is decorated beautifully in contemporary/art deco and very tasteful furniture--very pleasant to lounge and take pictures. I was given a signature room as promised by a manager George A. over the phone. My daughters and I were very happy as it was more than accommodating and comfortable. However, there were only two bath towels in the bathroom so I went to the front desk to ask for another. Within 5 mins they brought up a stack of towels.
The Tike Bar was great! The music was jamming, the food was delicious and came with very generous portions. My kids and I always had something left over. The energy was pulsating!. I loved that the resort population catered to everyone as there were parents with young children, teenagers, young adult couples and seniors and everyone was having a great time! I also loved the huge pool that went up to nine feet! Let me also add that I found everything to be very clean!

We stayed at the Ocean Manor for two days before we went on the cruise and returned Sun 9/1 labor day weekend. The resort was crowded-people having a blast. I can't say enough about how delighted I was that George A. upraded us to a very nice and quite spaceous ocean front room for no additional charge. When he asked me how I liked it I told him it was great but I missed having a balcony. The following day he upgraded us again to another ocean front with a balcony, George just wanted us to be happy! Everytime I saw him he wanted to make sure we were having a good time! Maurice and Sarah who worked at the front desk were also very professional and accommodating! While I was there a wedding took place and I heard from the groom the next morning that he had a wonderful time. So please don't listen to the naysayers. If you're in Ft. Lauderdale you must check out the Ocean Manor! You are sure to have a blast and will be treated first class by a great staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a signature room. Ask to speak to George A.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ivonne q
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Being residence of Atlanta,searching for a venue to host our wedding could be challenging,until we located The Ocean Manor Resort Hotel and meeting the BEST wedding coordinators ever! Aryn Geille & Enza Cooper were amazing,very professional,extremely hands on and just a pleasure to work with..from the first meeting to the final decor of our magical penthouse reception and honeymoon,we couldn't have been more pleased and satisfied...thanks again OM along with Enza,Aryn & the entire staff for being a hugh part of memories we'll have for a lifetime.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tanya M
Reviewed 12 August 2013

What can I say, if your expecting luxury, stay away. However if you live nearby and want to spend the weekend or possibly a week at the beach you can't go wrong. You have the essentials a clean place to sleep, the beach, a pool, and good food at the tiki bar. Yes the hotel has plenty of cosmetic defects but frankly In my opinion that stuff is not important. The hotel next door has a beautiful lobby and rooms everything looks just peachy but guess what, they are All bored as hell and come over to the tiki bar and hand out with the so called "scum" that actually enjoy life and have a good time.

5  Thank Beachbum9876
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed in the penthouse suite in August of 2013,very spacious with a beautiful view of the intetcoastal. I really enjoyed my time here in Ft. Lauderdale. I didn't even feel like I needed to leave the resort. There is an awesome Tiki bar/ restaurant called Bamboo, that includes nightlife. The pizza is absolutely amazing and I also enjoyed the fresh seafood as well, more than reasonable pricing. I highly recommend this hotel to people of all ages there is plenty to keep everyone occupied.

1  Thank Lizji
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Could not have been more pleased with this hotel! Everything was above and beyond our expectations. Our room was beautiful! Amazing view and everything looked brand new. The tiki bar at the hotel was also wonderful! It's located directly on the beach and has the best food we had all vacation! We couldn't stay away! Our only disappointment was that we did not eat at Tokyo blue- because other guest said it was absolutely awesome. Overall, We were extremely impressed and will never stay anywhere else when we come to Fort Lauderdale! 5+ stars! :)

2  Thank Carlibrown