“Beach Trip”

Ocean Manor Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Two friends and I stayed at the Ocean Manor for a week last September. Our room was clean. They were doing a lot of renovations on the hotel. It was loud and very annoying. We even had staff trying to get in our room to work on a phone issue in a different room. Once the weekend end hit it got even louder. I was on the trip to relax with friends but around 3am when the dance club closed they just moved it out to the parking lot. It was so loud!! We did go to the club on ladies night and it was a great deal. Not to crowded and we didn't have to pay for anything. The food at sushi restaurant was excellent. The tiki bar was a bit expensive but the staff was great. They even learned our names and remembered us all week. The spa was a little unclean. My friend said she should had went somewhere else. I did love the location. We walked to lots of different restaurants that were amazing. We had so much yummy food!! All in all it wasn't the best stay but I really liked the area it was in.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank mclacy
There are newer reviews for Ocean Manor Beach Resort Hotel

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

With how much they expect you to pay, the condition of the rooms were unacceptable. There was black mold in the bathroom and claimed the room was much bigger than it was. There was dirt in the vents, paint was chipping and the bathtub enamel was nonexistent. Management was unprofessional, except for the nice lady behind the counter. Beware of the extra fees like the required valet parking every day.

Stayed: January 2014
11  Thank VFI87
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This trip was one of the best family vacations we ever took because of the staff at Ocean Manor. They were completely booked, yet, they managed to upgrade our room and buy our dinner on our first night. If we needed more towels or maintenance needed to be done in the room, it was attended to immediately. My son got stung by a jellyfish and the manager personally attended to it!

We never had to leave the property because the restaurants were great and family friendly. The kids had a blast at the beach and the pool. Both areas were kept clean and always had a few employees taking food and drink orders. The trip was fun and relaxing for the kids and parents!

We will definitely be returning. With customer service today being average at best, this review just can't do this experience or hotel justice! To the staff at Ocean Manor: you guys ROCK!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sue o
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

-if you want a clean room everyday don't stay here.

- if you want to use your in room coffee maker don't stay here( they will never give you a cup or coffee)

- if you require toilet paper or towels don't stay here

- if you don't like the smell of really strong pot in your hallway at every hour of the day don't stay here. ( I talked to the front desk 3 times no one cared. So I go to the front desk. Complain a 4th time. The girl tells me. Well this is south Florida. To which I reply well it is illegal. They offer to move me. I tell them no you should really get rid of the pot smokers. Really....

- if you like customer service don't stay here.

- if you don't like watching critters scurry under people's tables from your balcony don't stay here.

To sum up this place it's like they tried to fix the place up. But, they failed. On the outside you think this could be a nice place. In reality they just put patches on everything. I won't be back EVER.

Stayed: January 2014
7  Thank Abogacz
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed at the Ocean Manor last week and was extremely disappointed. Upon returning to my room from dinner I found the room door ajar. The door did not close on it's own. Required a forceful slam but of course we didn't know this and could only hope all of our possessions were still there.

In a double room, one bed was super soft and one so incredibly firm I left after that week with back pain.

On day two we arrived back at our room to find that housekeeping had cleaned but had left us with only 1 towel. Went to the front desk to request more towels and ran into the GM. I was happy to see him and told him we needed towels and about our door issue. He assured both would be addressed right away. 4 hours later, no towels and no fix to the door.
The location of this hotel is great! Quite a view. In the winter be prepared to lose your sunlight by around 2 pm in all of these high rises. We also heard the Tiki Bar had great food but everything we tried was okay, and room temperature.

I encourage you to find other accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2013
7  Thank BeJetsetter
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Unless you have no other option, I cannot recommend Ocean Manor.
If you book on the hotel's website, you are booking through a third party. This caused problems for us as we checked in. Don't arrive before 3pm, because their staff won't let you have a room early. They were supposed to call us and let us know the room was ready but never did. When we finally got the room, it was so bad, they had to move us to another one. The room we got was still rediculous. No toilet seat. The toilet looks like one you would find at a truck stop has station. The shower handle cell off, hot water was hard to get, no coffee maker in room... I could go on, but you get the idea. Great location, but only book here if you can get it for $80 per night.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Choriza
Reviewed 28 November 2013

we arrived just after midnight on a Saturday, the boat show was on in Fort Lauderdale so everywhere was busy, we had reservations for three rooms however only one room had been reserved!
The manager was amazing, he found us rooms for the night (some were being worked on) brought us a feast and some beers, the following day when others had checked out we were put into the most amazing suite with great views.
The bamboo restaurant is good the staff are friendly, we ate there every morning and not expensive.
The hotel is being updated and rooms redecorated but it did not affect us in anyway.
The hotel is perfectly located for the bus services and local supermarket and various eating houses.

Room Tip: The rooms either look out to sea or across the city,we were looking out over the city much more inte...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple