“Hotel is trying to be nice, but just not quite succeeding.”

Ocean Manor Resort Hotel
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Hotel is trying to be nice, but just not quite succeeding.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have them two dots for effort. You can tell they really want to step up a notch or two but just aren't making it. They apparently are in the middle of renovations, so if you come be prepared to have a lot of fix it up construction around you. One of the elevators is pulled apart in pieces, another person got stuck in a second elevator while were were here and so for a time only one elevator was serving 12 floors. The off gassing of some new carpet in our hallway is so strong we can barely breathe as we make it to our room, but fortunately the smell doesn't come through the door. The room is spacious and newly renovated, but they don't quite get it right.
the safe is in pieces on the closet floor, bathroom is totally redone but peeling paint around the windows. There is only one towel rack so no place to hang wet towels after we use them. Beds are comfortable, but then sheets are flannel and pilled. The closet has only four hangers and they are a mismatch of wimpy plastic and wire ones they look like they came from past guests' drycleaning or purchases at Wallmart. Wifi doesn't work 90% of the time and can't figure out how to get the TV off movies. At same time it is a lovely pool, and the beach is clean, and the sand is perfect. Yet there are no hotel towels and you have to rent one, as well as the beach chairs and umbrellas. Had a very good burger at the Tiki bar, but the Daquiri was high priced and couldn't taste the alcohol. It is obvious they are trying to improve themselves, but haven't quite figured it out yet.

Room Tip: I know lots of folks choose ocean side. We got a cheaper room on the parking lot side. The view wo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Jory A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Checked in and discovered bugs crawling from under the bed. Pulled bed out and found dinner rolls, meat. Disgusting. Asked to switch rooms and went to one with mold on the walls, a broken bed and it was right above the lounge/hall so it was so loud I couldn't sleep. Alarm went off in the middle of the night and it was explained a drunk teen had pulled it, so they played live loud music in the hallway to " entertain " the guests which was incredibly loud in my room. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Willow W

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First, let me get this out of the way. No one paid me to say anything! This review is based solely on mine and my husband's interpretation of our experience at Ocean Manor. I chose my location from the HomeAway website based on previous reviews specifically of the condo we were in. I saw other reviews of the property as a whole which did cause me to pause, but after further analysis, I decided to book the reservation. When we drove onto the property, I was confused. Reviews spoke of a terrible, rundown property and frankly, I didn't see that. The property was clean. The entrance bench was nicely decorated with throw pillows. Inside, we found a nicely decorated lobby area with modern furniture, sheers and more throw pillows. My husband and I went straight to our room. Inside, we found a clean room that was neatly decorated. We immediately changed and headed to the beach area. The pool was large and nice. Our room actually overlooked the pool and the ocean. The tiki bar was busy and all there seemed pleased. The beach was clean and all there seemed happy. We didn't get a chance to go to Tokyo Blue, however, we had three meals from the Bamboo Tiki Hut. I had a steak salad, fish and chips and a meatball flatbread pizza. All were delicious! Its sea turtle season, so there were sections of the beach marked off with nest, but we didn't mind. Its was cool to know that baby sea turtles were brewing! I can say, it would have been easy for us to never leave the property, because all our needs could have been met on site. I'm not sure what people expect from the property. This was not The Plaza or some high end resort. Its a really nice spot for regular people to go and enjoy themselves and every now and then, someone famous can come through (My husband met a former NBA player). My husband and I were celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary and this was, by far, the best trip we've had together! We are already making plans to come back again for our 14th.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just stayed in one of their newly renovated rooms that face the ocean and could not have been happier with my room and my entire stay! Everything was new and clean and lovely! The view was breathtaking and gorgeous! I rarely even left the hotel over the weekend since they have a great Tiki bar and an excellent sushi restaurant on property... And of course, the beach is literally steps from the hotel! You cannot beat the location of this hotel!

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room so you can see the beach from your window! The view will take your breath awa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at the ocean manor hotel for a week I had a great awesome time with my boyfriend. The staff was great. I loved the view and the tiki bar was a blast. I'm deff staying here again. The room was brand new and greatly remodeled also.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed here for 5 days and it was a breeze. Right on the beach with 1 club and a great tiki bar right at the hotel! The room was just remodeled which made everything that much better. The staff was very kind and tentative to any need I had. Parking was a since with valet on site too!

• Stayed July 2014
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at The Ocean Manor last month and our stay was wonderful! We checked into a city view hotel room which was very nice and comfortable. We upgraded to an ocean front room because they told us the view was worth it... and it was! Every morning I had the most beautiful view of the ocean and the pool from my room, so relaxing. Our room was wonderful, very comfy bed, nicely decorated, we were so happy with the room we got!
We had dinner at both restaurants inside the hotel (Tokyo Blue and Tiki Bar) and the food was so good! Everyone was so nice and helpful!
To go to the beach we only had to go downstairs and the pool was really nice and clean. Inside the hotel there is a coffee shop (open 24 hours), a gift store, a hair and nails salon and a jewelry store.
The clerks at the front desk, as well as the 2 managers (Mike Lang and George Allen) are always so nice and helpful!
Such a nice place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple