“Much better than expected.”

Ocean Manor Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
San Diego, California
“Much better than expected.”
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights the week of Thanksgiving 2010 and the previous reviews of this place freaked me out to the point that we had a contingency plan, but the hotel was MUCH better than we expected based on those reviews. The hotel is in a great location right on the beach and within walking distance to some restaurants and shopping. The front desk upgraded us to an ocean-view room without us having to ask; and the beach was lovely and pool was quite large. Our room showed some wear-and-tear, but it was very clean and our bed was comfortable. The bathroom was on the small side and the safe didn't work, but otherwise we were very pleased, considering the previous reviews. The hotel staff was pleasant, helpful, and quick to respond to our requests. The Tiki Bar at the hotel was a fun place with a nice variety of dishes. We did not experience any problems with use of the beach or the valet that others have complained about. All in all, it was a pleasant couple of days and I would stay again.

Beware of using the public computer at the front dest to access any personal accounts that require a password. The day after used this computer to access my hotmail account, my email account got hacked for the first time ever.

3 Thank JTK_SD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2010

when i first got to this hotel it was one them amazing hotel i ever been to . i got to this wonderful hotel it and for aga807 your words got no match for this one of a kind hotel and go to sleep. the person at the front desk and the workers treated me with greatness and all you gusses finding a hotel to relax or have fun come to the wonderful ocean and the reviewers out there give this hotel a chance.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 505live
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I just came back from one night stay in this hotel and all i have to say about this is- this is the worst hotel i ever stayed in my life, and i traveled around the globe !!! I traveled with my best friend, and we requested two beds, and when we came to check in they gave us one twin bed. Not to mention terrible,terrible smell all around us. We came back to change the room and they gave us suite- which made us laugh !!! We had ABSOLUTELY no towels, so we had to use the sheets hahaha. Decoration in the suite was probably from 1963, and the furniture too. Guy at the parking tried to take 7$ from us, but we refused to give it to him. Anyway, even if you have to sleep at the beach, DO NOT STAY HERE !!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank Aja D

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I should have taken the reviews on this website to heart when I checked out this hotel. It is exactly as stated in other reviews - horrible. We had a room that was recently "renovated". The bathtub was patched and dirty. The bathroom floor was disgusting, I don't think it has ever been washed. This is a good one - the toilet tissue holder was placed over by the sink, so if you have short arms, you're out of luck! Bed was very lumpy and sagged in the center. The only good thing I could say is that the valet people were fantastic. They treated us like family and took good car of our car. Will NEVER go back to this hotel and will only recommend to my enemies.

1 Thank renee614
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Made a reservation for a 2 day stay at this hotel in one of their penthouse suites for my wifes birthday. Arrived at about 2PM. Front desk advised us our room was not ready and check-in was 3PM. They took my cell phone # and said they would call me when the room was ready and if I didn't hear from them by 3PM come back to the Desk. We had lunch, didn't hear from them and went back to the Desk at about 3:15. Again the room was not ready and we would have to wait. We sat around the lobby and at 4PM went back to the desk. Again we were told the room was not ready. A few minutes later the desk called me over and offered a different Penthouse to us and gave me the key and told me to go look at it. We went to the Penthouse floor and found the floors outside the elevator were wet from just being mopped with apparently dirty water and it smelled like bleach. We entered the room to find a dingy room that was filthy. A dirty towel hung from a coathanger in the closet, drapes were torn and the outside patio was filthy. My wife immediately said she refused to stay in this hotel. We went back downstairs told the desk we were not staying. They credited our credit card and we left and we were very glad to get out of there. We went to the Hyatt Regency told them our story and got upgraded to a fabulous and clean junior suite with magnificent views at about the same price. Went on to have a great birthday weekend.

1 Thank REV62
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2010

My husband and I stayed here over a month while we searched for a permanent place to live. We rented one bedroom apartments from individual owners and stayed in four different units during our stay. The hotel draws a younger crowd, either young couples and singles or families with young children. The units were mostly clean, but the property could use a good cleaning.
The pool and beach were clean and pretty nice, really. There's laundry facilities insure which is nice for longer stays. The staff were pretty good. The Tiki Bar is very popular. The food was pretty good and reasonably priced. There is wifi in the lobby, but not in the rooms. This is one of only two hotels directly on the beach on the Galt Mile.

• Stayed December 2009
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I would like to start this is my first review I have ever put on line, but after this stay I felt compelled to do this.

Pros: it is on the beach and was nice, it was a nice lobby. it is cheap, the beds we comfortable. Lots of water pressure in the shower our room had a apartment size fridge in it.

Cons: WE were in room 231, when we walked off the elevator it was like we run into a rundown 70’s hotel. The carpet was old the doors were old and in disrepair. The door to our room stuck and we had to push it closed to get into our 70’s feeling room. The patio did not close and was unable to lock. The sink plug was broken, when you turned on the water to shower the water was squirting out from behind the taps, putting water behind the wall... If there is no mould there now there will be in no time. The tap in the shower fell off. Then got out of the shower and realized there was not a towel in the room, we had to phone the front desk to get them. The toilet paper holder was broken and we killed a cockroach in the room. At the end of the day most of the stuff could be fixed or repaired for a couple hundred dollars. If they took pride in their hotel so be it stuck in the 70’s, they should make an effort to care for their property so they would not get bad reviews for the small stuff. If I was going to stay more than the 2 nights I would have left and went somewhere else. My wife and I had no intentions also spending time in the room so we lived through it. Would I go again... Definitely not I would search for either a higher standard Hotel or take the gamble of another place

I hope the hotel takes heed to these reviews and cleans up their act. This hotel has potential, but not right now.

1 Thank Quimmik