“Nice hotel!”

Ocean Manor Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #24 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I read reviews before I had booked this hotel and was kinda iffy, but I'm glad I decided to stay here. The room was very nice and really clean. Hotel was nice and everyone was very friendly. Seeing pictures from some of the other ppl that post reviews surprise me cause our stay was nothing compared to some of their experiences. Being right on the beach is amazing. They let you swim as late as you want... the only bad thing i have to say is when i booked threw cheaptickets... when we were checking they hit us with hidden fee's that we were not told about upon booking.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank drob25
Write a ReviewReviews (2,193)

Reviewed 30 December 2010

We had a great Ocean view room it was clean NO BUGS at all 4th floor Tiki bar had good food, good prices. Room was cleaned everyday, Valet guys were friendly for $20 they drove us to the club area at Los Olas Blvd and back at 4 am in a Lexus. I have no clue were you people stayed to write such bad reviews. All I can say is we had a great time and YES I would go back Galt Ocean Mile is quiet and beautiful. Traffic is not congested like Sobe. We loved it there !!!!!! Pool was clean Ocean was better If you didn't like it here go to Sobe where you can walk to everything, cause if you drive you wait hours to get somewhere.

1  Thank zombiekop1
Reviewed 26 December 2010

We checked in and was charged a resort fee. We went to our room only to find everything in this place to be broken, torn up and filthy. Our door would not lock and completely split in half from someone kicking it in. The head board completey fell off the wall. The flooring was a cheap laminate that was completely worn through by the bed feet. Holes in the walls and electrical wires coming out of the walls with no cover plates. We complained to the front desk and they sent a maintenance guy that couldn't fix anything as there were too many problems in the hotel. He told us that the hotel is working on upgrade but have only done to penthouse on the 12th floor. The mgr would not help us so called a booking agent and he could only get mgt to give us a new room. Went to the new room and was just as bad with furniture that appeared to be out of trash. We left the hotel to find some where else and parking gave us our money back but manager would not. Our booking agent gave us a refund but nothing from hotel. This place should be condemmed and shut down. Stay elsewhere.

3  Thank 4brews
Reviewed 20 December 2010

I have stayed at many places... especially in the Fort Lauderdale area most of my business is done here. I had yet to come across such rude uncaring people in a place where guests keep there business up float! The vallet was nice a little on the slow side though! Once I walked into the hotel first I noticed the long line then saw only one person was working. When I finally got to the front desk the man seemed like he had been there for a while for sharp and on point, looked as though he was getting a little frustrated as I believe housekeeping was behind because my room wasn't ready and wouldn't be for an hour or so. He informed me that there was a tiki bar in front of the hotel and a sushi restaurant (but wasn't opening till later) so I went down there which looked very nice the kitchen was clean and the men working had nothing but smiles! I walked up and a girl looked at me for a minute and didn't come up to me so I assumed I seat myself which I did. She brought over a dirty sandy menu and said what would you like to drink? I said well then I guess I will have a beer what do you have on tap, she pointed to the taps and said, "that"! I decided I was not going to like this lazy waitress not like I'm a pain but I was not in the mood for her! I told her I needed a minute she ROLLED her eyes and flipped her long long blonde hair in my face and walked away! I was so disgusted but happy at the same time i did not want that lose hair around my food! I went and sat at the bar where the bartender took great care of me she was nothing but smiles and football! After having a bite to eat which was pretty good I thanked the chef and the bartender as I walked to check into my room. Honestly the waitress glared at me as left! Uuuggghh how rude! I checked into my room which was filthy bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs!!! I checked out immediately! I gace it a shot and just couldn't do it! I had to wait for my room the waitress was a total snot and I HATE bed bugs!

• Stayed: December 2010
4  Thank Explore164
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights the week of Thanksgiving 2010 and the previous reviews of this place freaked me out to the point that we had a contingency plan, but the hotel was MUCH better than we expected based on those reviews. The hotel is in a great location right on the beach and within walking distance to some restaurants and shopping. The front desk upgraded us to an ocean-view room without us having to ask; and the beach was lovely and pool was quite large. Our room showed some wear-and-tear, but it was very clean and our bed was comfortable. The bathroom was on the small side and the safe didn't work, but otherwise we were very pleased, considering the previous reviews. The hotel staff was pleasant, helpful, and quick to respond to our requests. The Tiki Bar at the hotel was a fun place with a nice variety of dishes. We did not experience any problems with use of the beach or the valet that others have complained about. All in all, it was a pleasant couple of days and I would stay again.

Beware of using the public computer at the front dest to access any personal accounts that require a password. The day after used this computer to access my hotmail account, my email account got hacked for the first time ever.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JTK_SD
Reviewed 16 December 2010

when i first got to this hotel it was one them amazing hotel i ever been to . i got to this wonderful hotel it and for aga807 your words got no match for this one of a kind hotel and go to sleep. the person at the front desk and the workers treated me with greatness and all you gusses finding a hotel to relax or have fun come to the wonderful ocean and the reviewers out there give this hotel a chance.

2  Thank 505live
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I just came back from one night stay in this hotel and all i have to say about this is- this is the worst hotel i ever stayed in my life, and i traveled around the globe !!! I traveled with my best friend, and we requested two beds, and when we came to check in they gave us one twin bed. Not to mention terrible,terrible smell all around us. We came back to change the room and they gave us suite- which made us laugh !!! We had ABSOLUTELY no towels, so we had to use the sheets hahaha. Decoration in the suite was probably from 1963, and the furniture too. Guy at the parking tried to take 7$ from us, but we refused to give it to him. Anyway, even if you have to sleep at the beach, DO NOT STAY HERE !!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends