was looking for a last minute Spring Break vacation for myself and my 3 boys ages 10,12,15. Found some last minute very inexpensive airfare on Spirit to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and was looking for a place to stay. My number one priority was price and number two was beach. Ocean Sky Resort met both of these criteria. We received a great rate and the hotel was right on the water. The pool deck had ample lounge chair and although the hotel was full, there were plenty of empty ones. You could rent little chair cabanas with covers right on the deck. However, I am a beach person, so I wanted to be on the sand. Just a few steps down and there I was. For $5 a day you can rent a lounge chair on the beach. Add another $10 if you need an umbrella. The water was great and the kids had a blast playing in the waves. When they got tired of the waves, they played water polo in the pool. Towels are available on the deck. You can also rent jet skis and do a banana boat ride right there at the hotel. We walked about 1 mile north (on the beach) to the pier at Ft. Lauderdale on the Sea. There were plenty of places to eat and shop. My kids loved BurgerFi, which I must say had great burgers, fries and onion rings. Nothing low cal on the menu. We also had ice cream at Kilwins and it was amazing. They also sell candy, fudge and nic nacs. You can go to Wings either by the hotel or by the pier and purchase a boogie board or anything else you might need for the beach.
The rooms at the hotel were basic with a fridge and microwave. Most importantly they were clean. They all have balconies but with the way the hotel is situated,none of them are true ocean front. Didn't matter to us, because we just slept there. We frequented the McDonalds and Dunkin' Donuts which were a 2 minute walk for breakfast. Also within this 2 minute walk were the Winn Dixie and a CVS.
The Ft. Lauderdale strip is about 10 minutes away. I would suggest if you stay at this hotel that you have a car. Parking is $10 a night. Lots to do and eat on the strip but more crowded. An hour away is Miami. Really enjoyed a day at South Beach but would prefer to go back without kids. Some topless bathing going on.
I had some minor requests from the hotel, like the shower head was spraying all over and I needed more pillows. I would say both of these requests were answered within 10 minutes. The concierge was also very helpful. If you are not picky about having a fancy room but want a fabulous location at a great price with good service, Ocean Sky Resort is your best bet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beach, Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort is perfectly situated minutes away from major attractions, restaurants and shopping. Rooms are equipped with mini-refrigerators, microwaves, hair-dryers, in room safes and coffee-makers. All standard rooms have a side-ocean view and open air balcony. Oceanfront view, 1 bedroom suites are also available. Our large pool deck features an oversized jacuzzi, heated pool, tiki bar and water sports. The resort also has an indoor/outdoor restaurant, fitness center, gift shop and mini golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Sky Hotel And Resort
- Ocean Sky Resort
- Ocean Sky Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ramada