“Nice and comfortable” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Lakeland, FL
“Nice and comfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

We arrived the weekend of April 20-22- the first major rainy stormy weekend. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The rooms were average in size and accommodations. I didn't like having to valet my van and leave my keys with someone else. I got used to it though and we got around okay. There was a big wedding that weekend and there were a lot of noisy people. The restaurant was nice and their staff were very accommodating. It's a little hard to get into the hotel parking because it is on a one-way street. The beach was okay- I'm used to big wide beaches and this one is just a narrow strip of beach. The balconies are all connected so anyone can get to the balcony door of your room. The view is a sideways look at the beach, mostly the hotel next door. When we were leaving and the valet brought my van back, the driver window had been left open and my leather seat, door and carpet were soaked. We didn't really discover this until we got down the road onto the turnpike. I was somewhat steamed about this.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oceanskyhotel, General Manager at Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for the review. The street in front of us is a quiet one but it does have two way traffic. Our balconies now have high dividers so it is not easy at all to go from balcony to balcony.
I am very sorry about the car getting wet in that bad storm that we had. Please contact me personally on a return visit and I will be happy to make some concessions to you for that issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Genaral Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

Obviously, not a 5 star hotel, but it's very clean, new carpets, no bad smell of any kind anywhere in the hotel, location is excellent, walking distance to a grocery store, donut place and Mc Donald’s for morning breakfast/coffee, restaurants (Italian, Greek, pizza place...) - it's Florida and you don't need a car. It's located in a very nice street with nice condos and beautiful landscapes for enjoyable evening family walk. Also, the pool area is great, it's the first time we stayed in the pool area as it's located just above the beach which is pretty narrow so you actually have a feeling you're on the beach. The pool was clean, never crowded, about 70-80 beach chairs and maybe max 40 are occupied at any time... Just try to get the room above 4th floor as the hotel ac units are on the south side and I imagine it would be pretty loud if you're facing them. We were in 529- nice view, and, oh, the beach elevator is also great to have... all together for the price it's a great place.

Room Tip: East side above 4th floor a it's closer to the ocean and beach elevator.
5 Thank pegab22
Thank you so much for the nice review. You are right about so many stores and restaurants within walking distance. Hope to see you again soon.

Thank you.
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I just came back from spending a fabulous week at the Ocean Sky Resort. This is my second year I stay at the Ocean Sky and I love it! Staff is friendly, respectful, helpful and always ready to assist you and any way. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family! I intend to go back next year! Vanessa at the front reception desk is so polite and friendly and was always available to assist me with any questions I had! The concierge was always available and always answered to my questions! Cleaning staff was friendly and very helpfull and polite! Thank you Vanessa and the entire staff at the Ocean Sky Resort for a wonderful week in Florida. Looking forward to seeing you all again next year!! Rosa & Paolo from Laval, Qc.+

2 Thank Floridagirl178
We thank you too for being a special valued, return guest. I will pass along your nice words to Vanessa as well. We look forward to see you again next year if not sooner!

Thank you.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed in Ocean Sky Resort for 2-weeks, as an artist, my wife and I would like to comment some points of interests on our stay.
It is a nice hotel with beautiful landscape, which much, inspired us every day.
In next stay I will take my easel and oil colors to paint.
Staff was friendly and polite in particular Vanessa and Ed. Rooms were nice and clean. Mattresses were soft and comfortable. Air conditioning was new and worked perfectly.
View from my balcony was beautiful. I could seat and see enough oceans to start an inspiring day or enjoy a cold drink in the early evening.
Hotel has a large spacing in front where we could lie on comfortable couches and enjoy the gentile touch of the sun. I would like to emphasize the comfort of new couches, better than any other hotel in the region. Towels in terms of beauty need some updating.
There are motorized water activities near by, which created some time an unpleasant smell of gas. I suggest those could be replaced with non-motorized sport activities such as pedal on which can be less expensive to rent and bring more pleasure to guests and more business to hotel as well.
Hotel has a nice restaurant and guests can enjoy the meal while seating under the refreshing shadow of an art-decorated roof.
Valet parking personnel very polite and service was excellent
My wife and I did really enjoy our stay; we take this opportunity to thank the owner and staff of Ocean Sky Resort for giving us such a pleasant time.
Sincerely
Ndris and Roland

Room Tip: If you don’t like your room staff of the hotel helps you be comfortable in another choice
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Roland G
Thank you for your very kind words. We will also look into some of your tips as well. The ocean and sunrise/sunset can be very inspiring! Please come see us again at any time!

Thank you!
ft lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I read the ratings,,, my family had a great time at this hotel,,, a great location and very friendly staff......... The room was clean and the beds were comfy...... I would stay here again in a second.......I read some of the reviews and saw some bad ones...... These bad reviews must be from people who are use to staying in 400.00 a night hotels.....

Room Tip: We had a basic room, it had a microwave as well as a refrigerator.....
4 Thank max2000here
Thank you very much for staying with us. Hope to see you back with us soon. We really appreciate the kind words.

Best,
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have stayed in many hotels and this one was well worth the $$$. Staff was very helpful. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. The oceanview from the balacony was not the greatest but at least you could see the beach. Moved to an oceanfrontroom and it was great. Quite area but plenty to do within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Deb23Massachusetts
Oceanskyhotel, General Manager at Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and your kind words.

Hope to see you again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel seems to be trying. The lobby area is nice, the pool/hot tub area and beach are nice as well. The room was adequate. It definitely needs some updating and some fresh paint. However, the carpet in my room looked fairly new and bed linens seemed clean. Balcony offered a small view of the ocean, which was nice enough. The valet staff was wonderful! So kind and friendly, they brought a smile each time. Another reviewer is correct that the towels were thin and not very soft. The vanity in the bathroom is very small and I kept dropping things between the sink and wall and it was very hard to retrieve them. Overall, it's not the nicest place I've stayed, but was reasonable for the price...considering being right on the ocean.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for noticing our efforts. Please come and see us again as our goal is to have every returning guest see something new every time.

Hope to see you soon.