I stayed at Ocean Sky with my mom, sister and niece for 5 nights starting March 16th. The hotel is nice, but its not a resort, it is a hotel. We has 2 rooms, one was to be a kitchenette but both rooms had same microwave, fridge and coffee pot. The beds were comfortable and the shower had really good water pressure! I think we pay for being on the beach, but its worth it! We were on the 9th floor and had rooms on both sides of the hotel. From both balconies, you could see the ocean, but from my room, we also had the sun! It was great being able to just leave the hotel and be right on the beach. I knew in advance that beach chairs rented for $5 daily so l wasnt discouraged. We just took our towels to the beach and that worked fine. I want to say the brochure says "heated pool" but l dont think the pool is heated.
We ate in the hotel on the 1st day as check in was updating their system so we had to wait tor egister into our rooms. This was inconvenient as what company would schedule a computer update in the middle of the day when they're busy!? We did not eat at the hotel again as it was pricey and the waitress didnt seem happy to be there. The coffee provided in the room was way better than the restaurant service!
You can walk around the area, there are grocery stores within distance, so we brought some groceries and ate breakfast in our rooms. We did get to a Denny's after a morning outing and it was great! Good food, good price, good waitress!
If you have a car, valet at a set rate was pricey but you gotta some where. I can only say it was convenient for going on day trips.
There was a wedding in the hotel while we were there, and while it was pretty, it was also a bit of an inconvenience as there were people all over and half the patio was cordoned off for the wedding. And then later, one of the elevators was broke (l believe it was from children playing around in the elevator) but it was repaired by morning.
In closing, with the exception of the 1st waitress we encountered, the rest of the staff were pleasant. The hotel is not the Ritz, but its clean and worth the money for the beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beach, Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort is perfectly situated minutes away from major attractions, restaurants and shopping. Rooms are equipped with mini-refrigerators, microwaves, hair-dryers, in room safes and coffee-makers. All standard rooms have a side-ocean view and open air balcony. Oceanfront view, 1 bedroom suites are also available. Our large pool deck features an oversized jacuzzi, heated pool, tiki bar and water sports. The resort also has an indoor/outdoor restaurant, fitness center, gift shop and mini golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Splitty, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Sky Hotel And Resort
- Ocean Sky Resort
- Ocean Sky Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ramada