“The Management killed the Nice View”

Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort
Ranked #60 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked a room for my parents ANNIVERSARY at this hotel of course in a room with a queen bed. They arrived and the rooms were booked so they put them on a DOUBLE BeD room. I understand sometimes that can happen, but the problem was that the management didn't do anything about it. I called the office manager in the phone because when I went to talk to her personally, there was no manager on duty (odd). She said she couldn't do anything about the situation and she didn't even apologize for what had happen, she told me to call "Paul" which apparently was the Director. I called Paul but never did he answer the phone calls and messages left. Nobody was able to help us at least get something back from that very unpleasant situation. Never going back even though the place itself was nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia K
Oceanskyhotel, General Manager at Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for booking for your parents. We try VERY hard to accommodate a request for a king bed, but it is normally a request only and we have many more rooms with two doubles than kings so it is hard to guarantee. While I am not always available to answer calls, I always return messages left. I am sorry that not receiving the bed type that you requested was a "very unpleasant situation", but when we are very busy at the hotel, unfortunately it can happen.

I hope that you reconsider and give us another opportunity as I appreciate that you were happy with the hotel itself.

There are newer reviews for Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort

Reviewed 5 April 2014

great value for you money compared to others in the area, clean hotel great location, no issues. very close to a grocery store McDonalds etc.., Nice hot always good and hot pool okay, back door elevator drops you of right on the beach and patio
not far from Los Olas Blvd. If you want a little night life

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank darien123

Thank you for the great review and nice mention of our great value.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Ok spot, a little ways out. Hotel clean, pool deck nice, restaurant should be skipped for value alone. Potential though!

On beach which is nice and in nice area.

Rooms basic but dated with loud AC. Beds way too soft. Need replacement. Washrooms dated.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate the kind words on cleanliness and our locale right on the beach as we are one of the few in Ft Lauderdale located directly on the beach. Thank you for the feedback as we are always looking to improve.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here for one day. The room was comfortable. Its actual furnishings are a little dated but for the price of 179.99 plus tax and the 15$ a day valet, you absolutely can't beat it. The staff was nice and friendly. I enjoyed sitting in the hottub outdoors and also being able to order drinks from the Tiki Bar. I was thrilled that I did not have to leave my rental cabana to get food because they had order takers to bring the food to you and charge it to your room. I had big complaints. I will say that the walls are paper thin. I had a complaint that our TV or voices were too loud but we were speaking in our normal tones. So security stopped by to ask us to keep everything down. They have a great gift shop that will will and deal with you on prices. So if you read a bad review here, I think its just very picky people. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: 9th Floor has wonderful views! So don't be upset if you get on that top floor!
1  Thank Shonnese R

Thank you for the nice words about our value and amenities. We are very happy to know that you would stay with us again and with our fortune have you as a loyal guest through the years.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Last minute getaway trip , we showed up late on a Sunday night and ran next door for a coffee and a sandwich. Really had no issues other than the noisy AC unit...and the bathroom lacked a vent/fan. It wasn't a huge issue but I was going to ask if there was a fan in the bathroom. (My fault for not following up on that.) Had breakfast in the restaurant and the food was good the service was very slow. Overall the hotel was clean and well kept. The valet guys were great! Great restaurants up the street in Lauderdale by the sea. Looking forward to next year...I'll be back!

Room Tip: North side rooms were quiet....I noticed the south side hotel was noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the nice comments on cleanliness as this is a very vitally important thing for us. It is as valued as service and I appreciate the kind words on our valet staff as well. We are so glad to know that you will be back. We are very thankful to hear that.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is truly one of the worst beachside hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms are poorly kept and smell a lot. There was a terrible stench coming out of the bathroom faucet everytime we turned it on. We called down to the front desk to ask for toothpaste as we had run out of it and we were told that they do not keep any!!! This hotel is not a 3 star but rather more like a one star hotel. We were so disgusted by the facilities that we had to move out earlier than we planned for. I am quite certain that the positive reviews are being written by the hotel staff themselves.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Oceanskyhotel, General Manager at Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

There was a smell coming out of the bathroom faucet? I have never heard of that before.
Sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We are working very hard on improvements the last several years and plan on continuing to do so. We hope that you reconsider in the future and decide to give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed at this property for 3 nights for a mini-"spring break" getaway. Overall, the hotel and surrounding facilities have seen better days. The rooms are very small and the bathrooms and décor are extremely dated. The beach is great and the area outside the hotel is nice and feels very safe. Parking is $15/day which seems reasonable for an oceanfront hotel. The parking is also just across the street from the hotel and is very convenient. The major issue at this hotel, however, is the service! When checking in, the front desk didn't know anything about the breakfast vouchers that we're included with our stay and asked us to return in the morning. When we came back the following morning, none of the staff knew anything and made us wait 15 minutes while a manager created vouchers for us. We had requested a rollaway bed when making the reservation and when checking in and still had to call the front desk twice before it was delivered hours later. The staff at breakfast is very slow, disappears for long stretches of time, and messed up our (simple) order every time! If you don't interact with the staff much and are just looking for a place to rest your head after spending the day at the beach then this hotel is fine. If you prefer more amenities and attentive service, consider one of the other hotels in Fort Lauderdale or even the Hollywood Beach area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Sorry for the inconvenience with food and beverage and service. We realize that things go wrong in every business, but they can be handled with the right customer service to remedy the situation, This is what we strive for.

We hope to see you again in the future.