“Charm and a great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Club Resort

Sea Club Resort
Ranked #81 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
ontario
“Charm and a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times and are always happy. The location is of course its biggest asset. It is right on the beach and within walking distance of many restaurants, bars and shops.

This is not a cookie cutter chain property. It is an individual hotel with historic Florida charm. The exterior and the lobby have an art deco look while the interior has recently been extensively renovated. On our most recent stay, we found that our room had been completely updated. The room was freshly painted, the new mattress was super comfortable and we enjoyed the flat screen TV.

Other benefits we have enjoyed at the Sea Club: free parking, free beach chairs and towels, and the best place on the Boardwalk to enjoy a meal or a drink: The Deck. The view of the ocean, especially at sunset, is spectacular here. The pub style food is well-cooked and served in a timely and friendly manner.

In the hotel itself, the service has always been polite and friendly. We do not usually have any problems that we need help with but on our last visit, we did have a problem getting the room safe to work properly. We called the front desk and ten minutes later a maintenance man was at the door. He made the necessary adjustment and was on his way in a few minutes.

We have stayed at the Sea Club many times for a few days before a cruise and several times for a week's holiday. We hope to stay here many more times.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank happytravellerOn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Tel Aviv District, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We are regular repeaters at this hotel, the last time we stayed we were told that renovations will take place. but what a surprise, they not only renovated, they completely upgraded the hotel to a boutique hotel! Starting in the public areas it is all renovated in a combination of antique/old with super modern. the rooms are all in super modern from paint to carpets, new flat TV , new beddings, and refurbished bathrooms, all the decor was done in a very good taste boutiqe style.
We completely couldn't recognize the previous Sea Club, we think that they are now some where between 3.5 stars to 4 stars. speaking with the staff we found out that they are opening soon a new club that will be called Jane's club. we are amazed how much those guys did in renovations! my full credit to them.
We are coming back next month on April 12 for the Tartuga Concert, the famous Concert on the open Beach.
Thanks Sea Club employees & managment, we love you for what you have done!
Alex.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room with balcony facing the South (best view)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank afabris2
Bradford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at the Sea Club resort last June 2013.
I understand extensive renovations have been done since.
I hope to have the opportunity to check it out for myself.
While cosmetic improvements can be made to the building, it will take more effort to improve the customer service.
During my stay I found the desk staff to be inattentive and those in my group were made to feel like we were bothering them.
Unfortunately it appears the manager too has displayed this same unwelcoming and unprofessional characteristic as he seemed to be always unavailable to attend to any concerns and the staff did not make any noticeable effort to either try to contact the management nor attempt to provide a positive experience.

While I believe this hotel has a lot of potential, and perhaps the potential is realized to some degree at this point, I am still not certain I would stay here again. I have had the opportunity to stop by the hotel and asked to see a room to help me make a decision and the staff was very reluctant to even consider this request. If you do stop by make sure you ask to see the room you would be getting otherwise you will be shown one of the updated rooms and then told that those are no available and you will end up in one of the older rooms. These rooms were beyond unacceptable - something you would find in a bad movie. The carpets were so stained and the stale dirty smell emitting from them so strong that it was very uncomfortable to be anywhere in the building.
The only saving grace of this hotel is its location - perfect.
The atmosphere of this hotel is not family friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank abBradford

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is the worst property at which I've ever stayed. I should have heeded the warnings of the other reviewers. PLEASE HEED MY WARNING: IF YOU HAVE ANY MINIMUM EXPECTATIONS OF A HOTEL, SERVICE, HOSPITALITY, ETC. DO NOT STAY HERE. I was scheduled to stay three nights, but checked out after the first.

First, there are no signs telling you how to enter the place or navigate around. It is an unmarked maze of interior and exterior corridors.
Second, they were working on the roof when I checked in, so an entire section of the hotel reeked heavily of tar and still did so the next day when I checked out. Who wants to spend a vacation inhaling strong tar fumes? Why would they try to give someone a room in the vicinity of that?
Third, the General Manager's comments about "updates" and "upgrades" are misleading: although my room was supposedly refurbished, there was not new air-conditioning in my room and the bathroom had not been redone. Although the bathroom had been painted-albeit sloppily-the fixtures, shelving, and sink were all very old. There was a pool of rusty water under my toilet, paint splatters everywhere, and THE WATER WAS BROWN. I brushed my teeth and washed my face using bottled water.
Fourth, I checked out the "renovated" section of the hotel and there wasn’t much difference between that and the old, run-down section. Walls were dirty, floors were dirty, and doors were dirty: everything I touched was dirty.
Fifth, if you still insist on staying, please bring earplugs. The guests in the adjoining rooms were not loud, but it was as if they were in the same room as me. The walls are paper-thin.
Sixth, if you read the General Manager’s comments below, you can see he takes no responsibility for the shape this place is in. His comments below are snarky and inaccurate. He has no concept of the basic service industry adage that, “The customer is always right.” This is the service and hospitality industry, and I saw neither. In fact, a staff member told me the General Manager’s motto is essentially, “If they don’t like it, they don’t have to come back.” I won’t go ever again, and I don’t want anyone reading this too, either.

I am not a hotel/motel snob. Give me a clean Super 8, Econolodge, or Holiday Inn, and I’m happy. This place did not even come close to meeting the expectations of basic hotel/motel stays. In fact, I’m surprised it has passed health and safety inspections. I do not care if they’re giving away rooms for free, please do not stay here. It is not worth it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
12 Thank Amelia T
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I found this place on Kayak.com it did not have the highest ratings...but I wanted something close to the beach that would not cost an arm and a leg so I took a chance. I found the the prices were great...rooms were clean...with great beds very very comfortable. When I checked in I met the desk manager Ronen Parhi..a very nice guy explained all the hotel had to offer. Close to everything (walking distance) The Deck which is the restaurant and bar I really enjoyed the meals...and the friendly neighborhood people that were there...take it from me give it a try I think you will love this little bit of Fort Lauderdale history...I give it a big thumbs up.

Room Tip: Over the pool top floor...did not find Fitness center I ran on beach
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends