“Great Experience!”
Review of Sea Club Resort

Sea Club Resort
Ranked #79 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We just spent the night at the Sea Club resort, my wife and two kids. I was a little reluctant because of the reviews I had read, but decided to give it a shot based on the new renovations. I have to say, our stay was very good! The staff was great, especially Liz! The rooms were clean and newly remodeled or updated. There was still some signs of the age of the building, however, that was minimal. The location was great as well, right across the road from the beach. The pricing was a little high, however, I believe they were trying to keep springbreakers from using the hotel duing this time period.

The only challenge we had was at the restuarant and trying to get two tables side by side (an adult table and a kids table). Even though the one next to us was open, they made a big deal about us wanting to sit there rather than at another table. It makes sense that we would want to sit by our kids (we had two families, fours adults and four kids). I think it had to do with a turfwar and someone getting more customers than someone else. In the end it work out and we were able to sit together. It just made us feel like we were asking for the world to get this accomplished.

Overall I would recommend staying here. For the price, compared to others in the area, it is a great deal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sea Club Resort

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We booked this room on a last minute trip to get out of the cold for a few days. Some of the previous reviews were a bit discouraging but we got a really good deal and took our chances. We requested a king room and when we checked in was graciously given a room with a king bed and balcony with a decent view of the ocean. The location is fantastic, the beach is right across from the front entrance and either direction along the boulevard are several restaurants, bars, shops etc... The hotel offers beach chairs and towels and that was a huge plus. The staff was very accommodating going out of their way several times to make our stay more enjoyable. The hotel itself was still remodeling some rooms but it did not effect our stay at all, they were actually remodeling the rooms on both sides of ours and were very attentive to being quiet and nonexistent. I was expecting a bunch of spring breakers and loud kids but I think I saw maybe one guest in the halls the whole week we stay, very very quiet and reserved hotel. Our room was clean, big, and comfortable. Overall I would definitely stay here again, it was my first time in Ft. Lauderdale and this hotel provided exactly what I was looking for my first FTL experience. P.S. To get around we rented bikes, great way to explore the area and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith8888
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We just returned from the Sea Club, and I must say what a gorgeous remodeling job they did! It's like a new hotel! New baths, new drapes, new carpet, and my favorite: the new pillow top mattress (the best sleep I have ever had!) The construction has just about finished, and the staff could not be more gracious. Don't forget FREE drink coupons and free towels and chairs DAILY! You cannot beat the Sea Club value on Fort Lauderdale Beach. I see some people's reviews and found them to be inaccurate, and I do not know why some people would say those things when the Sea Club has done such a wonderful job refreshing the hotel. Price and location can't be beat! Also, free parking is available, which is very rare on Fort Lauderdale Beach. The only place I'll stay is at the Sea Club, and you will LOVE it. --Bobby M. Cape Cod, MA

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank B0bM413
Reviewed 10 March 2014

EXCITED. Just booked our room for our upcoming vacation at the Sea Club. After staying here numerous times over the last six years with no complaints, I can't wait to see the renovations. It was starting to shape up when we were here last August and October. The pictures look really nice and Ronen Parhi tells me I will love it and I'm sure we will. Also can't wait to see all my friends at the Front Desk and Linda in housekeeping and The Deck! YEA!!! See y'all soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank hockeygirl0331
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times and are always happy. The location is of course its biggest asset. It is right on the beach and within walking distance of many restaurants, bars and shops.

This is not a cookie cutter chain property. It is an individual hotel with historic Florida charm. The exterior and the lobby have an art deco look while the interior has recently been extensively renovated. On our most recent stay, we found that our room had been completely updated. The room was freshly painted, the new mattress was super comfortable and we enjoyed the flat screen TV.

Other benefits we have enjoyed at the Sea Club: free parking, free beach chairs and towels, and the best place on the Boardwalk to enjoy a meal or a drink: The Deck. The view of the ocean, especially at sunset, is spectacular here. The pub style food is well-cooked and served in a timely and friendly manner.

In the hotel itself, the service has always been polite and friendly. We do not usually have any problems that we need help with but on our last visit, we did have a problem getting the room safe to work properly. We called the front desk and ten minutes later a maintenance man was at the door. He made the necessary adjustment and was on his way in a few minutes.

We have stayed at the Sea Club many times for a few days before a cruise and several times for a week's holiday. We hope to stay here many more times.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank happytravellerOn
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We are regular repeaters at this hotel, the last time we stayed we were told that renovations will take place. but what a surprise, they not only renovated, they completely upgraded the hotel to a boutique hotel! Starting in the public areas it is all renovated in a combination of antique/old with super modern. the rooms are all in super modern from paint to carpets, new flat TV , new beddings, and refurbished bathrooms, all the decor was done in a very good taste boutiqe style.
We completely couldn't recognize the previous Sea Club, we think that they are now some where between 3.5 stars to 4 stars. speaking with the staff we found out that they are opening soon a new club that will be called Jane's club. we are amazed how much those guys did in renovations! my full credit to them.
We are coming back next month on April 12 for the Tartuga Concert, the famous Concert on the open Beach.
Thanks Sea Club employees & managment, we love you for what you have done!
Alex.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room with balcony facing the South (best view)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank afabris2
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at the Sea Club resort last June 2013.
I understand extensive renovations have been done since.
I hope to have the opportunity to check it out for myself.
While cosmetic improvements can be made to the building, it will take more effort to improve the customer service.
During my stay I found the desk staff to be inattentive and those in my group were made to feel like we were bothering them.
Unfortunately it appears the manager too has displayed this same unwelcoming and unprofessional characteristic as he seemed to be always unavailable to attend to any concerns and the staff did not make any noticeable effort to either try to contact the management nor attempt to provide a positive experience.

While I believe this hotel has a lot of potential, and perhaps the potential is realized to some degree at this point, I am still not certain I would stay here again. I have had the opportunity to stop by the hotel and asked to see a room to help me make a decision and the staff was very reluctant to even consider this request. If you do stop by make sure you ask to see the room you would be getting otherwise you will be shown one of the updated rooms and then told that those are no available and you will end up in one of the older rooms. These rooms were beyond unacceptable - something you would find in a bad movie. The carpets were so stained and the stale dirty smell emitting from them so strong that it was very uncomfortable to be anywhere in the building.
The only saving grace of this hotel is its location - perfect.
The atmosphere of this hotel is not family friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends