“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you want a place right across the street from the beach, have a great bar to sit and have cocktails, and dinner, best service in town and.....most importantly, have a GREAT bed and the best darn pillows to sleep on.....this will be the hotel for you! It was very pleasant and very homey for a hotel. I would highly recommend and plan on returning again since I live in Pompano Beach....felt like I was at a resort since we don't really get to enjoy the ocean and the rest of the tourist attractions living down here....but this was great!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nancy o

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Coconut Creek, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel as a staycation. I live in Pompano Beach. The hotel was a happy enjoyable change from the impersonal big chains. It has the charm you expect from a small hotel. The room was clean with new very comfortable beds and fluffy pillows. The room was quiet and you could not hear any thing from the adjoining rooms. The staff was exceptional and willing to help in any way. I was very nice to be able to get a chair and towels to take to the beach as complementary. The Deck restaurant wast the best, overlooking the ocean, open and breezy not confined to an indoor space. I had breakfast, lunch, cocktails and dinner during my stay. The food was excellent and the portions was large. I can't say enough of the staff. They were attentive, friendly and you could tell they enjoyed being there and taking care of you. I would recommend the hotel and look forward to staying there again. If you are in the area, I would recommend stopping by and having a bite at the Deck

Room Tip: Try getting a balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for only two nights and it was two nights too long. I wouldn't stay here again nor recommend this hotel to anyone. The lady at the front desk is less than friendly but rather rude and abrupt if you question anything that is advertised on the website or the third party company that we booked this through. However, the young girl is very sweet and pleasant. The rooms are renovated meaning they put on a new paint job, new towels, and new linens in each room but the bathroom is still old, dirty and dingy. The AC works but it creates so much dampness and condensation you will be sleeping on soggy sheets every night (which is not pleasant nor healthy). There are a ton of other hotels you can stay at for a little bit more money but much better quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank defranc1
SeaClubManagement, General Manager at Sea Club Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our hotel. Most of the reviews of our hotel are actually positive, encouraging us to keep our high standards of service and top score in cleanness, in a hotel that just completed a multimillion dollar renovation and is considered a boutique hotel.
I am not sure if you are aware of the humidity in South Florida in July-August, but for example today's humidity in Fort Lauderdale is 82%, in comparison New York City has today only 48% humidity. Keeping the sliding door of the balcony open can create high humidity in your room, but with the door closed the AC will do it's job and take all the moisture out of the air in your room.
All of our AC units have been replaced during our last renovation and they are either 2013 or 2014 models with 8000 BTU built especially for hotels by General Electric.
We rarely get complains about humidity in the room, your findings are an isolated case.
I would like to use the opportunity to highlight the positive amenities in our hotel:
1) We have just opened a state-of-the-art brand new gym in our hotel, free of charge to our guests.
2) A Business Center is about to be open in the next two weeks, all services are free in the center.
3) Booking our hotel on our website entitles our guests to free Continental Breakfasts and daily cocktails.
4) We are one of the only hotels along the beach that provide free parking!
5) Our wireless internet covers the entire hotel and is free of charge.
6) Chairs & Towels for the Beach are given free of charge for our guests.
7) Unlike many other hotels we are on the beach!
So you are right that there are tons of other hotels, but what value do you get from them for your money? Over a Million guests stayed in the Sea Club since it was built, there must be a good reason for those guests to stay with us and the amount of repeating guests is the highest in the beach area.
We do hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay in our hotel a pleasant one, please do not hesitate to contact me personally to make sure you will have an utmost satisfactory vacation with us.
Yours Truly,

GM

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Ekeren
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We had 2 rooms . One had a smell like we where in a swamp and there were waterdrops on the ceiling of the bathroom. The second room was ok exept for the bathtub where on different places the email was broken of and was repainted in white but that was pealing off also !

Positive things : good beds , fridge in the room , free wifi in the room , free parking , close to the beach.

There are many positives but its an old building and a smelly wet room or a filty bath brings those positive points in the background.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Daanbanana
Dear Guest,
I am glad to hear that you have good things to say about us! As for the negative findings I will say that keeping the sliding door of the Balcony open creates condensation in the air-conditioned room which might result in drops on the ceiling. Our humidity at this time is 82% and the balcony door in the room should be kept closed to allow the AC to cool and remove the moisture in the air.
We have resurfaced all the Bathtubs in our hotel, but maintaining those Bathtubs is an ongoing procedure. We apologize for the peel of the paint that occurred in your room, but definitely this issue will be addressed.
To the positive comments I would like to add some more important points:
4) We are one of the only hotels along the beach that provide free parking!
5) Our wireless internet covers the entire hotel and is free of charge.
6) Chairs & Towels for the Beach are given free of charge for our guests.
7) Unlike many other hotels we are on the beach!
8) We are one of the first hotels in USA to furnish our hotel rooms with Simmons Mattresses Beauty Rest Air Cooled Recharge (Top of the line).
9) Our linens are changed every single day of the guest's stay including all towels
Over a million guests stayed in the Sea Club since it was built, there must be a good reason for these guests to stay with us and the amount of repeating guests is the highest in the beach area.
Yours Truly,

GM
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went to this hotel for my girlfriends birthday in June. It definitley is smaller than all the 5-star hotels surrounding it, but has a very welcoming feel to it. Liz at the front desk was very friendly off the bat and helped us check in quickly while Harold, the bellman, helped with the luggage. Though it took us a minute to figure out our way to the elevator, Harold, patiently waited outside our room for us. The pool deck is clean and towels are provided, yet sunk beneath the palms. Mark at the Deck bar was a hoot and helpful for the local secrets of the Water Taxi. If you book thru seaclubresort.com you get 2 free drink tickets good for draft beer, well liquor, or house wine and 2 free 'breakfast' tickets get you a muffin, bagel, or toast. The location couldn't be better... right across from the beach (AIA runs along most of the beach in Lauderdale), its a 10 minute walk from a strip of good restaurants, bars, and touristy things. The one negative I have to say is that when calling ahead of time to see it's proximity to Las Olas (a ritzy shopping and restaurant district, very popular in Ft. Lauderdale) we were told a 10 minute walk... only to find it was a little more than 2.5 miles and closer to a 45 minute walk, or a 10 minute drive. Which may have been a misundstanding. It's all good, the Water Taxi can take you there. Priscilla, the head housekeeper, runs a tight ship, as our room was always straightened up when requested. Overall, for the price, the Sea Club is a great place to stay if you want a relaxing beach trip. Super nice staff, nice rooms, clean, good location! We'll be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are renovated, but the suites near the top bode the greatest views of the beach.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JohnPatrick26
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

since my last stay, the hotel has ( half ) refurbished the rooms. They are still not super, but OK. The beds are superior, and that is most important for me.
The access to some of the rooms is a little bit funny ( elevator in the back ), but after getting used to it, I felt right at home again.
They provide you with a free permission sign to place in your car, so you can park it right in the back of the hotel.
If you use your GPS to reach there, the road navigator may not recognise the road correctly. My tip: look it up on googlemaps.com before you go, and note the names of the Streets nearby. Using the GPS, first insert the ZIP code, and after that: street name.
The people working in the hotel are friendly and also the security: makes you feel safe !

Room Tip: I asked for a sea view room after I had made my booking, and could just see the sea from the balcony...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Douglasville, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Where do I start??? The resort (hotel) was not what I'm use to. The first room which was a beach view, was nothing beautiful! It was nasty! The building we had to look over was nasty! The water was yellow. We was told to let it run for a while and it would turn clear(wish I could insert my face here)!! The water never turned clear so we was giving another room which was really a down grade and the tub was yellow which mean we couldn't tell if the water was yellow or not. The room felt stuffy! We had a small refrig with no microwave. House keeping was really nice. She did change our sheets everyday with fresh towels. Small beach chairs was giving to us for the beach. Oh when my husband and I was checking in another lady was checking out because she wasn't happy with her room. My husband witness one of the ladies at the front desk giving a guess attitude. It was our anniversary and I wanted to get romantic in the room! That didn't happen! I wanted to stay away as much as possible! We meet another couple who was also disappoint with their room. NEVER AGAIN WILL I BOOK A ROOM OFF OF GROUPON!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Hecallsherbeautiful
SeaClubManagement, General Manager at Sea Club Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear guest,
We appreciate your input after staying with us! We regret that you were dissatisfied with your stay, and while we value your opinion and pay attention to every detail in your report I must admit that your review is an isolated report that does not reflect the majority of our reviews after we have completed a multimillion dollar renovation.
Changing the linens in our hotel daily is obligatory; as a renovated Boutique Hotel we are doing our utmost to keep the hotel and the guest rooms up to the highest standard of cleanness and we are known for that!
We are sorry that you did missed a Microwave! While our suites are all equipped with microwaves, our regular guest rooms are not, and we do not advertise them as such! However, should you have asked for a microwave, we would have installed one in your room within minutes without any extra charge! with that mentioned I must write that Microwave is not a standard amenity in hotel rooms around the world, it is more common in hotel's suites but not in rooms!
We are sorry that you were disappointed in the romantic expectations you had, should you have mentioned it during or before your stay I could have done something special for your Anniversary, I always like to surprise!
We do hope that you will give us another chance to proof our quality hospitality, and I do urge you to contact me directly prior to your next visit with us.
Sincerely Yours,