“Pictures not as it seems”
Review of Sea Club Resort

Sea Club Resort
Ranked #81 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Orlando, Florida
“Pictures not as it seems”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Once you pull up, you can tell that this is will be a disappointment. Booked the room through groupon, so there is no exchanges or returns. The newly renovation in which is advertised is just a slab of paint, and some new up to date pictures on the wall. The Bathroom seems like something you would find in a 7/11 restroom, with a added shower. The shower had dirt and led chips in the tub. The elevator in which is located in the hotel only fits 6 people max, it seems like it's falling apart, and is very hot. The hallways are also hot, seems like there is no AC running throughout the hotel except for in the rooms, and common areas. The windows in which lead to the balcony area were filthy as well. Upon calling Groupon for assistance and maybe an exchange of venue, they advised us to go and talk to the hotel manager. They were very clear that there is no exchanges and my sale was final. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason what so ever. If every hotel is booked in the surrounding areas, I would say pick another date.

Room Tip: Don't pick this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Cynthia A
SeaClubManagement, General Manager at Sea Club Resort, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
This review is unfortunately monetary driven! when Cynthia checked-in to the Sea Club she right away told the Front Desk staff that she thought that she has purchased a 4 star Hotel! in no publication or any advertising the Sea Club never appears as a 4 stars hotel, also all the photos are taken by myself! the photos are all originals (never been Photoshop) and I am a hotel manager for the last 42 years and not a professional photographer. so the title of the review is incorrect.
Cynthia never stayed in the Sea Club, she walked around the hotel to collect points and ammunition for her fight with groupon, we explained her that groupon has her money, not us.
I also can't blame groupon because it says all sales are final, groupon and the Sea Club guaranteed her reservation, and it is not our fault or groupon's fault that Cynthia thought that we have a 4 stars hotel, we have a very good clean and renovated 3 stars hotel and that is how we promote the hotel.
Truly,

General Manager,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Doral
Reviewed 29 July 2014

What Ronin has done to that Hotel is remarkable!!! My family and I stayed many times for many years. But WOW this stay was the best. Staff is awesome and Linda went above and beyond. I have recommended to many of my friends and they have always had a great experience. I recommend to anyone . Thanks for a GRREATTT Holiday Ronin and staff.:) bald man and family. We love you guys.:))) BTW Awsome rates !

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I loved the rooms with a enjoyable balcony comfortable beds. The food is amazing the pool was relaxing the beach was across the street you can rent chairs at the hotel to use at the beach the service is amazing the employees interact with you which I loved - J

• Stayed July 2014
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you want a place right across the street from the beach, have a great bar to sit and have cocktails, and dinner, best service in town and.....most importantly, have a GREAT bed and the best darn pillows to sleep on.....this will be the hotel for you! It was very pleasant and very homey for a hotel. I would highly recommend and plan on returning again since I live in Pompano Beach....felt like I was at a resort since we don't really get to enjoy the ocean and the rest of the tourist attractions living down here....but this was great!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nancy o
Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel as a staycation. I live in Pompano Beach. The hotel was a happy enjoyable change from the impersonal big chains. It has the charm you expect from a small hotel. The room was clean with new very comfortable beds and fluffy pillows. The room was quiet and you could not hear any thing from the adjoining rooms. The staff was exceptional and willing to help in any way. I was very nice to be able to get a chair and towels to take to the beach as complementary. The Deck restaurant wast the best, overlooking the ocean, open and breezy not confined to an indoor space. I had breakfast, lunch, cocktails and dinner during my stay. The food was excellent and the portions was large. I can't say enough of the staff. They were attentive, friendly and you could tell they enjoyed being there and taking care of you. I would recommend the hotel and look forward to staying there again. If you are in the area, I would recommend stopping by and having a bite at the Deck

Room Tip: Try getting a balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for only two nights and it was two nights too long. I wouldn't stay here again nor recommend this hotel to anyone. The lady at the front desk is less than friendly but rather rude and abrupt if you question anything that is advertised on the website or the third party company that we booked this through. However, the young girl is very sweet and pleasant. The rooms are renovated meaning they put on a new paint job, new towels, and new linens in each room but the bathroom is still old, dirty and dingy. The AC works but it creates so much dampness and condensation you will be sleeping on soggy sheets every night (which is not pleasant nor healthy). There are a ton of other hotels you can stay at for a little bit more money but much better quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank defranc1
SeaClubManagement, General Manager at Sea Club Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our hotel. Most of the reviews of our hotel are actually positive, encouraging us to keep our high standards of service and top score in cleanness, in a hotel that just completed a multimillion dollar renovation and is considered a boutique hotel.
I am not sure if you are aware of the humidity in South Florida in July-August, but for example today's humidity in Fort Lauderdale is 82%, in comparison New York City has today only 48% humidity. Keeping the sliding door of the balcony open can create high humidity in your room, but with the door closed the AC will do it's job and take all the moisture out of the air in your room.
All of our AC units have been replaced during our last renovation and they are either 2013 or 2014 models with 8000 BTU built especially for hotels by General Electric.
We rarely get complains about humidity in the room, your findings are an isolated case.
I would like to use the opportunity to highlight the positive amenities in our hotel:
1) We have just opened a state-of-the-art brand new gym in our hotel, free of charge to our guests.
2) A Business Center is about to be open in the next two weeks, all services are free in the center.
3) Booking our hotel on our website entitles our guests to free Continental Breakfasts and daily cocktails.
4) We are one of the only hotels along the beach that provide free parking!
5) Our wireless internet covers the entire hotel and is free of charge.
6) Chairs & Towels for the Beach are given free of charge for our guests.
7) Unlike many other hotels we are on the beach!
So you are right that there are tons of other hotels, but what value do you get from them for your money? Over a Million guests stayed in the Sea Club since it was built, there must be a good reason for those guests to stay with us and the amount of repeating guests is the highest in the beach area.
We do hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay in our hotel a pleasant one, please do not hesitate to contact me personally to make sure you will have an utmost satisfactory vacation with us.
Yours Truly,

GM

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Ekeren
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We had 2 rooms . One had a smell like we where in a swamp and there were waterdrops on the ceiling of the bathroom. The second room was ok exept for the bathtub where on different places the email was broken of and was repainted in white but that was pealing off also !

Positive things : good beds , fridge in the room , free wifi in the room , free parking , close to the beach.

There are many positives but its an old building and a smelly wet room or a filty bath brings those positive points in the background.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Daanbanana
Dear Guest,
I am glad to hear that you have good things to say about us! As for the negative findings I will say that keeping the sliding door of the Balcony open creates condensation in the air-conditioned room which might result in drops on the ceiling. Our humidity at this time is 82% and the balcony door in the room should be kept closed to allow the AC to cool and remove the moisture in the air.
We have resurfaced all the Bathtubs in our hotel, but maintaining those Bathtubs is an ongoing procedure. We apologize for the peel of the paint that occurred in your room, but definitely this issue will be addressed.
To the positive comments I would like to add some more important points:
4) We are one of the only hotels along the beach that provide free parking!
5) Our wireless internet covers the entire hotel and is free of charge.
6) Chairs & Towels for the Beach are given free of charge for our guests.
7) Unlike many other hotels we are on the beach!
8) We are one of the first hotels in USA to furnish our hotel rooms with Simmons Mattresses Beauty Rest Air Cooled Recharge (Top of the line).
9) Our linens are changed every single day of the guest's stay including all towels
Over a million guests stayed in the Sea Club since it was built, there must be a good reason for these guests to stay with us and the amount of repeating guests is the highest in the beach area.
Yours Truly,