“Great location, friendly staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Club Resort

Sea Club Resort
Ranked #81 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great location, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I booked this Hôtel to be close to the beach! I had foot surgery, so I had the best view! Even If I could'nt enjoy the sea, I could paint it! The staff we're There to help when ever I need! I recommend this hotel! i was here for 11 days!

Room Tip: I had à balcony with à Nice view!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I booked this place last minute and did not look at the reviews to draw my own conclusions ( I should have). In the middle of the night, on my second day staying at this place, my husband woke up to use the bathroom and long be hold a cockroach comes out of the vents and lands on my husband. Clearly, we switched rooms within the hour. I got a hold of the manager a day and a half later. He insured the hotel did not have a cockroach but clearly after me and my husbands experience they did. He told me he would accommodate a free dinner for me and my husband at their restaurant. We found out he only accommodated a $18 discount for eat of use. I will never go to this hotel again.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this place if you want to see a cockroach coming out of the bathroom vents.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mona i
SeaClubManagement, General Manager at Sea Club Resort, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear guest,
We are sorry that you have confronted an isolated case of a roach, please read the reviews before yours and you can't find that it is a repeating problem as you mentioned, we are retaining the best extermination company in South Florida that makes sure that our hotel is clean of insects. with that said I must inform you that at this time of the year the Palmetto Bugs are in flying mode! and if you left the sliding door open that could have contributed to your incident!
Since the guest is always right I have ordered the Front Desk to give you and your husband two vouchers for dinner at the total of $36.00, an average dinner ticket at the Deck restaurant is well covered by $18.00.
Once again I am sorry but Florida has Tropical weather that carry's some insects and therefore I apologized and compensated you.
I do hope that you understand that it was an isolated case, please give us a second chance and we will make your next visit much more pleasant and enjoyable.
Sorry again,
Michael Man
GM

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Middle Village, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed at the Sea Club resort for one week. The location is perfect, right across the street from the beach. The hotel is very old and rundown. Our bathroom door needed to be slammed shut, the furniture was very old, the lobby had a strange smell and there were stains on the furniture. The hotel offers free beach chairs which are small and uncomfortable. The beach towels and bath towels were old and stained. Luckily the beds were clean and comfortable or else I probably would not have been able to stay here. The people who work here are very nice and helpful. This hotel should be torn down since there are too many things that need to be renovated. More of a two star rather than the three that it was rated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rosemary513
SeaClubManagement, General Manager at Sea Club Resort, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Rosemary,
I am sorry that you had such a bad impression from our hotel, but if you have looked good around you could have seen that we keep renovating our hotel. as for words that the hotel needs to be torn down you need to forward this request to the Broward County Historic Preservation, you have the right to express your opinion, unfortunately you will remain in minority of people who think like that.
We have just replaced all the Lobby furniture with new ones, soon a new photo will be displayed.
We are trying to add as many amenities to our guests free of charge, one of them is free chairs & towels for the Beach a saving of ten dollars per person per day and we are the only hotel on the Beach that does that, your complaint about the size of the chair is the first one we ever got!
In that importunity I would like to inform to all of our repeating guests that we have renovated our Gym with state of the art brand new equipment that is to your service free of charge, photos are displayed in the hotel's new website. we are also glad to inform that yesterday we opened our brand new business center! another amenity free of charge! adding to that our free parking and free Continental Breakfast & Cocktail daily to our guest booking their stay directly on our website and the free Wifi makes our hospitality most valuable in comparison to other hotels in Fort Lauderdale Beach. with our housekeeping that is changing our linens every single day we are definitely a 3.5 stars hotel and not a 2 stars as you have described. I will finish by telling you that over a Million guests have stayed in our hotel since it has been opened in 1951, and I think that the majority of those guests will not agree with your findings.
If you change your mind and decide to stay with us again, please don't hesitate to contact me directly to assure your next visit at your utmost satisfaction.
With best regards,
Michael Man
Tamarac, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I found this place to be very quaint. It's a great older style hotel with updated features. Right across from the beach. It seems we had everything within reach. Great restaurants very close by makes this resort a place you soon will not forget. We stayed in the suite room 510 and no words can describe not only how great the room was but also what we saw from the panoramic view of the ocean from the living room and bed. The restaurant in the place served quality food and drinks. We just loved the whole week we were there. In fact we are now in the process of making another reservation for another week for the same room 510 for around the first week of next month. I think l said enough now see for yourself. No l do not work there my wife and l just fell in love with the place. Michael Mann is the person to talk to like we did for great rates and even better times

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stuart F
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I live in Fort Lauderdale, but I had to leave my house while it was being tented for termites so I thought I'd have me a weekend vacation. The place was great. When i called about my check in I spoke by phone first with Liz at the front desk. She was awesome. When i arrived I was greeted by another person, but when I spoke to the woman about leaving my house for the weekend Liz spoke up and said you must be Anthony and she took great care of me. I had a nice room and a comfortable bed. I have no complaints about the hotel except the price of the food in the restaurant. If I decide to make a weekend away from the house while staying in town again, I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 853Anthony1969
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our (my son, a friend and me) first time staying at this hotel in Fort Lauderdale and I can tell you when I come back this is the place I will be staying at. The hotel is in the perfect location for the beach! The staff is friendly, Max Miller went over and beyond to make sure our stay was as enjoyable as it could be! I highly recommend this place!!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Lulu111887
Doral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Chris at the deck resturant made us feel welcomed plus they make a great breakfast .
Front desk ladies are courteous and friendly . All beds are brand new and felt / slept great . They share the same beach as the luxury hotel next door and this place is a great value ! A plus ,they even lend you the beach chairs . R :)

• Stayed July 2014