“we hated it! It was my first and last time!”

Florida Beach Hotels
Ranked #101 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boston, Massachusetts
“we hated it! It was my first and last time!”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

As soon as we got there, room was dirty, no towels, molding everywhere, hallway with bad smells. Do NOT believe on the pictures that you see here... only thing good, was the staff! They tried to help us as much as possible!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jtostes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I made my reservations well in advance and in person. I requested a beach front room & check on the status every day. Upon check in we learned the new manager gave away our room on the night before. He & the staff were rude & did nothing for us. We didn't check in. Fast forward to this past Friday and Saturday. My daughter's best-friend's mother ended up taking the girls to your same hotel and they ended up in room 460. They said the room was ok but the carpeting was disgusting and there was mold/mildew growing on pictures in the bathroom. Nice!

Room Tip: I thought by calling everyday would help.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tracey10s

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2011

My husband planned this trip for us and booked the hotel based on price and location. I decided to read reviews before we left for Florida and was freaked out by recent bad reviews.
To my relief, the hotel was wonderful. The lobby was very modern looking, the desk clerk that worked in the evening was very friendly and so was Andy, the concierge. Our room was on the third floor of the non-ocean fronting building. The room was clean and had no odors. The air conditioner worked great. The bathroom was clean and they provided soap, face soap, shampoo and lotion. We had a microwave, fridge, hair dryer and iron/ironing board. We only used the maid service once and they did a great job. When we needed addtl toilet paper and pillow the front desk sent it up immediately.
Our only complaints would be the bad reception and lack of channels on the tv and the fact that our sliding door would not close completely.
The pool and tiki bar across the street was very convenient. Just past the tiki bar is the beach. To be this close to the beach for a great price in a nice hotel? You can't beat that.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jenjim2021
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 2 June 2011

The first night there, we get to our room and both the room keys do not work.. had to change rooms.. The bathtub leaked and water ran across the floor to the toilet... there was mold and rust all over the caulk on the bottom of the tub and the base of the bathroom door as well.... we had to ask for wash cloths every day.... and sometimes they said we will give them to you if we have any extra left... I thought ---"IF THEY HAVE ANY EXTRA? WHAT THE HECK?" We ran out of toilet paper, had to track a lady down cleaning rooms to get one roll, she wouldn't give no more than that.... one day they cleaned and left no wash cloths at all... the grill was not open.... there was no hot breakfast.... we asked for an extra pillow, cause the ones in the room are flat and they said they could only give one if they had extras... never got one... and the hotel was not fully booked...the elevators stunk and then like two days into our stay, we were out all day and came back to the room and our room keys would not work AGAIN...had to go to the front desk and get new ones.... talk about pissed......DO NOT BELIEVE THE PICTURES YOU SEE....IT DOES NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THIS...THIS PLACE IS OLD AND IN MAJOR NEED OF A REMODEL.... DO NOT STAY HERE.....

Room Tip: no good rooms here
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank tyme2beme
FT. LAUDERDALE, FL
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I decided to take a few days to myself and spend it on the beach. Lauderdale beachside hotel was the perfect place for me to go and enjoy the sun and fun. the oceanfront building room was perfect!

the front desk staff was helpful and happy all the time.

I will be back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank DEVITA1515
Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 May 2011

My husband and I stayed here two years ago. Yes, it is an older hotel. They claim that it has been updated...NO. Do not got by the pics on line. They are totally bogus. My husband and I are here now. Two nights ago, I woke up to use the bathroom and saw a huge cock roach running across the floor. This hotel has gone down hill so much since we were here two years ago. The bonus points of this hotel is that the pool is right outside of our room. The tiki bar is great...and the beach is a two second walk thru the Tiki bar. By the way...room rate are totally negotialable.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank katcar58
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2011

In comparison to the surrounded hotels within the area, it is definitely good enough for the money paid. Hotel room is just a typical hotel room. It is under construction. The beach is only a few feet away, just have to cross the street to get to it. The beach is wonderful in this area. If you are looking for a cheap bargain this is definitely the place to stay at.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
#17 of 28 in Lauderdale by the Sea
Ocean Manor Resort Hotel
Ocean Manor Resort Hotel
#20 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Florida Beach Hotels? Share your experiences!