“Good time at the Lauderdale Beachside Hotel”

Florida Beach Hotels
Ranked #100 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Good time at the Lauderdale Beachside Hotel”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I went with a bunch of relatives and friends on Memorial Day weekend. We occupied several rooms. The hotel is very well located in front of the beach. The buildings and rooms need some improvements and remodeling. I want to thank Renee for taking good care of all of us. She is very nice and solves any issue with the hotel. We plan to go back soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew S, General Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are also appreciative of your comments about Renee.

Have A Wonderful Day

Andrew Sampat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Good deal for the money. Staff is great, Renee at the front desk is excellentmWe accidently left some personal belongings by the pool, when we came back at night we figured they have been stolen, we we asked the outside staff they had set
it aside. We were relieved. Overall happy with our stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank danny305
Andrew S, General Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay and were satisfied with our customer service. I am also happy to hear that you were able to recover your lost items. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Have A Wonderful Day

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I would like to thanks Renee for her exceptional customer service, it make a different at my staying at the hotel.
She solved any issues right at the spot but the housekeeping work doesn't backup her excellent job.
I didn't have any garbage can in the room or bathroom, towels dirty and with hair.
Room door can be open from outside without key
Sleeping blanket with holes and no more complimentary breakfast.
Hope my opinion can be taken in consideration because I love the location and the front desk staff like Kionia who stay afterwork to help the long check in line, always with a smile.
Renee and Kionia deserve an award for their extraordinary work.
Charles Diaz

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Charlesdiaz
Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear about the wonderful comments left about the front desk staff and it will definitely work towards their favor. On the room for improvement remarks we will definitely strive to become better and better.

Have A Great Day

Ponoka, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Hello this is a warning about the Beachside Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale by sea.

This is the worst hotel I have seen for a long time . The beds fall a part, black stain on the ceiling cracks in the wall, Whole in the wall taped with masking tape which falls off, and a carpet you for sure don"t want walk bare foot on, the lid of the water tank of toilet was missing , one room was closed because of Dangers environment ( from the City ), the elevator was out of order ( one of two ) the safety lock from the inside was ripped out of the door, NO emergency escape plan in one room . I have made a lot of pictures but I can not post them on here. Unfortunately BOOK IT where we booked it , refered me "to a higher level " which was the front desk of the hotel and book it could not care less. This Unfortunate because we booked with them before and the resort was amazing but I guess the real truth comes out if things go wrong. Sadly we will NEVER book with them again

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel ever, the area is very nice and just a couple minutes from the hotel are r...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Thomas L
Hello,

Thank you for writing a response on Trip Advisor. I am sincerely sorry for your last stay with us and I am also sorry that you did not enjoy it as much as the stay before. I would hope that you come stay with us again one day to let us give you an accommodation more like the one you enjoyed. We look forward to seeing you again.

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Naugatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This Hotel is so gross, it's like the getto. I mean gross, gross and grosser. No maid service, no towels have to beg. No toilet paper had to beg for evetything. The rugs are so gross we couln't even walk on them bear footed. PLEAEE, PLEASE DON'T GO HERE>

The don't even pick up the garbage around the hotel.
Becasue of the Bar the public comes and uses the pool. No privacy at all.

The only nice thing about thid hotel is the people whom work at the front desk.

Maids are nasty.

Room Tip: Don't go here PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 Thank Brittney A
Hello,

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize for the troubles you have encountered. I would like to let you know that you should not have had these issues and I will speak to the according departments. Furthermore, we have ordered new towels and supplies as well as some carpet shampoo work. The hotel will be renovated in the upcoming months so these issues should be eliminated.

Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2014

When we arrived they sent us to a room in which the entire room was flipped upside down. The beds were side by side standing in between the 2 beds. The chairs were on top of the box springs, towels in the bathroom, someones info on the counter, and trash. We went down got another room. When we entered that room it was occupied peoples stuff was there. We then got our 3rd room. We went to the pool which someone poolside was having a bday party for a little kid in their room and took all the chairs by the pool which I thought was strange they aloud that because there was like 15 adults and 10 kids in this one room. We went out that night got home late went to sleep. We woke up around 8:30 and my friend saw something on the bed. When she spread the sheet my other friend said thats a BEDBUG!. We all got up I moved my pillow and there was big ones crawling where my head was laying. We all grabbed our stuff called down and a maintanence man came up. He killed one and put it in a water bottle to show downstairs. It was the worst thing to think they could be in our stuff. We had to take everything to the laundry mat before heading home. You must not stay!!

3 Thank Taryn G
Hello,

Thank you for writing a response on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear of the experience you have had and I assure you that I will have my staff as well as Orkin, who we are contracted with, look into this issue.

Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I don't think I have ever stayed in a worse hotel!!! The moment you enter the lobby you have a bad feeling - it smells like a Porto-John at all times. They charged me $20.- for checking in 2 hours earlier even though the room was "ready".
Everything in the room was old, broken down, disgusting to touch. The toilet was missing the water tank cover, the towels were almost see through - that's how old they were. The tub was black inside, rusty. The walls were stained, the cabinets were broken with holes. The pillows and the mattress were so old they did not even have the shape of what there were supposed to be.
I could go on and on and on, but the outcome is - it was just horrible and disgusting.
I tried to exchange my room for a different one, but the staff did not want to help me.

Room Tip: Just pick a different hotel. Don't think if you pay for a balcony - you might get one.
2 Thank Maxikmoj
Andrew S, General Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear about your issues and would like to see you come back again another day so that we can prove that we can accomodate you better,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Premiere Hotel
#1 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Ocean Manor Beach Resort Hotel
#20 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Florida Beach Hotels? Share your experiences!