“Believe me when I tell you...this hotel is a jewel!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Florida Beach Hotels

Florida Beach Hotels
Ranked #101 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Believe me when I tell you...this hotel is a jewel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Not only is the location FABULOUS but the front desk clerk, Melita, was so pleasant & professional that I remember telling her that it was more than clear that she liked her job. We originally booked this hotel then saw the reviews & cancelled. We ended up at the Days Inn Bahia in Ft. Lauderdale & was so INCREDIBLY GROSSED OUT that I checked in & out within 15mins. We ended up back at the Lauderdale Beachside Hotel & just knew it was going to be a bad experience...until we met Melita! She treated us like family & went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of. She put us in room 523 where we had a balcony AND an overview. She sent maintenance to bring up a roll away & follwed thru. Yes this hotel is certainly NOT a Hyatt but it is more than amazing for the price. The pool was clean! The room was clean! The towels were clean & yes there were plenty of them. The lobby was nice & the elevator worked. What else can we ask for....I actually would have paid double just to have this location & front desk attention. I came with my daughter, sister, aunt & uncle and we will definitely be back!!!!!! Thank you so much Melita for being a helpful, smiling face in our weekend!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Gabriel A
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. It is very delightful to hear how much you have enjoyed your stay with us. Melita is appreciative of your compliments and looks forward to seeing you again!!!

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Andrew at the front desk was so friendly and was a great help!! Our stay was so relaxing and fun. You can't beat the price! This place is very family friendly. The pool was a delight: so clean and temperature controlled. The tiki bar was quiet; I guess it was midweek.
We look forward to visiting many more times; after all we're a 40minute drive away!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank belkyst74
Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again to treat you to many more wonderful stays with us.

Have A Great Day

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

my wife and I stayed there for last two Independence days and obviously we got what we paid for and came back a second time, however this time was horrific. We changed rooms three times, stuffed sink, then tub and finally an overflowing toilet that we had to clean because maintenance plunged and left poop, literally poop, everywhere. Elevator got stuck and Andrew knew the bed flipped on me on the first day and I got injured and never asked how I was but replied smirkey "Do you want an ambulance" Renee at front desk knew me by name as well as maintenance man since he spent 2 hours replacing our ac unit that went down for a day in our final room change. This time we should of left but had already paid for ten days and just kept hope alive and praying tomorrow would be q better day. The location kept us,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RICK F
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am sorry for any issues you believe to have encountered. We hope that you return one day to enjoy a better time with us.

Have A Nice Day,

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel need many repairs. they are charging over 100 per night for a room with broken and dirty carpet. refrigerator was not working. pool needs a lot of repairs and in addition was dirty.

I got to the hotel with my family and they were not able to honor the price on the internet. no manager on duty, personnel had no authority. I waited on the lobby 2 hours until expedia sent the confirmation.

Reception was full, many customers waiting for their confirmations to be sent via fax from hotels.com, expedia, etc.

housekeeping wake you up at 8 am to clean the rooms or you don't get your room cleaned.

You can't have any refreshments, no water, no ice, no alcoholic beverages and no coolers on the pool as they have a bar and want you to buy from them. They don't care if you are paying over $100 for a room which is worst the price.

Complained about the room been dirty and broken, they were unable to give me another room, they were unable to give me any discount on the stay. they just say, you can write a review on tripadvisor.

And Rene, the front desk stated that they are trying to bring high end customers.....I don't know how they are planning to do this. They stated that they are renovating but there are no signs of renovations....

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank zary2027
Good Morning,

Thank you for writing a response on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize for the issues you have encountered and would love to have you come back with us after the renovations are completed. We look forward to seeing you again.

Have A Nice Day

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Trust me there are worse hotels on A1A than this one. The only saving grace is the units on the oceanfront. Ownership needs to spend some money on the SIMPLEST tasks to make this property worth the cost. New mattresses, carpeting and better TV in the rooms than at the bar helps. Good luck guys.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else or do a site inspection first.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Julian W
Hello,

Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. Our staff would like to thank you for staying with us and sending us your opinion. We look forward to seeing you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

First of all, the other people who are so quick to give it a negative feedback, need to stop being impulsive and realize not all hotels are equal. This is not a 5 star hotel, having said that, this hotel is more for the budget minded consumer.

The front desk was a little warm and little stuffy, but the employees on a very busy hot Saturday were pleasantly patience, courteous and friendly. With all the staff & security continuously walking around the property and around the clock made us feel safe and cared for with any questions we had.

The room we stayed at was clean, normal size with the mini frig, microwave oven, iron, wifi and other expected amenities when staying on any other hotel. The room was no bigger then the more expensive rooms I have rented before, the beds and bathroom were clean with the mini soap and shampoo and other creams, very nice.

The pool was nice and clean, not crowded and the beach on the busiest Saturday felt secluded and private, no crowd, no hassle and no waiting for the showers. This is because this section of the beach is only accessible by the tenants and away from the public beach areas. The bar at the pool serves good food that you can take to the beach and just enjoy your day.

The only thing I found a little odd, but not a negative is there are no towels in the bathrooms, you need to get towels from the front desk at the time you check in or when needed. TV doesn't get every channel and the a/c was not the coldest, but I like it to snow when I sleep so is a matter of opinion.
As I mentioned before, this is a budget in mind hotel and when you go in with that state of mind, you will enjoy your stay as we did and want to come back again.

Room Tip: This is more of a family oriented hotel, so expect loud excited kids, like mine, having fun and runn...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Alan P
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for writing a response on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to hear all of the good things you have had to say. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Horrible service Renee at the front desk is very unprofessional. Should be more presentable to have such a nasty attitude. Very unclean housekeeping couldn't even clean enough to get rid of the smell of mold, dingy spots everywhere. go somewhere else that's worth your money

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank mayelin e
Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have encountered at our hotel. I would love if you were to come back and prove to you that we are able to treat you to a better stay. Please let us know when you do decide to come again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
#16 of 28 in Lauderdale by the Sea
Best Florida Resort
Best Florida Resort
#11 of 28 in Lauderdale by the Sea

Been to Florida Beach Hotels? Share your experiences!