“What a Dump”

Florida Beach Hotels
Ranked #101 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 February 2009

The website for this hotel is incredibly decieving. Our first room had some type of bugs in the bathroom coming out of the cracked tile. These were not ants. Mold on the shower curtain. The fixtures in the bathroom were old and filthy. The closet door was off the track. There were screws sticking out of the table leg. I asked if there was a clean room without bugs available. The second room they gave us had no top on the toilet. The room was equally as filthy but without bugs so we took it. The sliding glassdoor was so dirty you could'nt see out. The lobby smelled and the elevator inspection had expired 8-08. We tried to find another hotel but we were unsuccessfull. Don't be fooled . Run don't walk away from this dump.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Florida Beach Hotels

Reviewed 18 February 2009

Picked from internet site and was overjoyed by choice. Location on beach, cabana bar and pool, and walking distance to everthing except golf courses. You really dont need a car.All the rooms are smoke free and the daily breakfast was an unexpected perk. Free intenet in your room. we will be retuning for our winter break again next year.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akmon
Reviewed 30 January 2009

Last fall my husband and I stayed at the Lauderdale Beachside hotel in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I made a reservation after viewing the hotels website and seeing the photos. It looked like a beautiful hotel right on the beach. When we arrived at the hotel I noticed that the lobby was nice but not well decorated and modern. The girl that checked us in told us our room wasn’t ready even though it was late afternoon. She also told us we had two rooms reserved even though I reserved only one. She said she would contact the manager to cancel one of the rooms. My husband and I left for about one hour so our room could be cleaned. Our room was in the beach building. Parking was scarce but we were able to find a parking space. As we walked up to the hotel the doors were wide open since remodeling was going on. I couldn’t believe my eyes what I saw. It was a total disaster! There were lamps and headboards scattered every where, and the floors were filthy. We had to get someone to unlock the elevator since a worker had locked it. The elevator hadn’t been cleaned up from the remodeling. As we were approaching our room and saw the mess in the hallways I was ready to walk out and go somewhere else to stay. It was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. Our shower curtain had mold, the ceilings needed repair and it was outdated and dirty. The balcony was small and had not been cleaned. I did not feel safe in the room. The only nice thing about the hotel was the view from the balcony. The band from the club next door was noisy and played late into the evening. The continental breakfast consisted of raw scrambled eggs and oatmeal. That’s not my idea of a continental breakfast. When we checked out we were charged for one room. After returning home I noticed our credit card had been charged for a no show. I tried contacting the hotel but the toll free number just rang and rang. I actually got the answering machine once but nobody bothered to return my call. My letter was also unanswered. Desperate to find someone at the hotel to talk to I searched the internet and finally reached a website that was connected to the hotel. I left an email message which was answered by a very nice gentleman. I explained my ordeal and he was able to take the charge off my credit card. Beware of this hotel unless your ideal vacation consists of unsafe conditions, filth, and being overcharged.

Reviewed 31 December 2008

Oh this place was a mess! We stayed here in November for one night and thank god it was only one night! We got there past check in time however none of our rooms were ready, we had twenty people with us on this trip. One family with us finally got to go to there room however when they got there somebody else's stuff was in the room, when they went to the front desk they said that last person in that room had checked out two weeks ago, the front desk thought they were crazy! Finally when our rooms were ready their key card machine was not working so they brought us to our room, which meant we couldnt leave until a key was brought to us. When we got into our room it was nasty the floor hadnt been vacuumed and the bathroom was just gross. They finally sent someone to vacuum however we were still in the room when they came which made it a little awkard. Another couples patio door didnt lock. The bar on the property wasnt that bad, however the breakfast was bad. Checking out took forever as they tried to charge us for our rooms twice, we had prepaid before we got there. I dont usually stay at really nice hotels and this we thought was going to be very nice however I hated it. I dont recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2008

(New Jersey) Our stay at the hotel was very relaxing and enjoyable. The room rate was very inexpensive and you get what you pay for. Nothing fancy but recentley renovated. We stayed in the Main building (where you check in, much better) everything was freshly painted. Rooms were very clean. Not your Five Star Hotel but well worth the money. Breakfast is very simple, eggs, grits, coffee, juice, bagles, toast and cereal. The staff was very helpfull and attentive. Brand new furniture was being installed in the building on the beach. Overall nice place to stay. The pool area was above average. The bar at the pool was jumping everyday. Shops, bar, Dunkin Donuts, food market just across the street for snacks and beverages. I would reccomend this place for a very reasonable relaxing stay in Florida.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 November 2008

This place is one of the worst places that my wife and I have ever stayed in. The front desk staff are all brain dead. If you ask for anything they say they will take care of it right away. Then they forget you were even there. The continental breakfast is disgusting RAW scrambled eggs and peanut butter every day. Not even cereal or a glass of milk. We could not go into the pool for the first two days we were there due to the fact that the "hotel" was out of towels. We called before going and were told that beach chairs were free. Well, when we got there they wanted to charge $5.00 per day each. We asked for a "do not disturb sign" and gave up after the 3rd night. The rooms do not get maide up until very late in the afternoon. The list goes on and on.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Billypayer
Reviewed 5 November 2008

OK...You dont normally stay all day in your hotel when you go on vacation"at least i dont" the hotel has some issues but its GREAT OVERALL!!!!! The hotel has 2 parts to it, one on the beach and one behind the other building, a pool and a tiki bar. I went October 23-25, 2008. The hotel was booked solid, so i could not change my room, which was fine. The hotel is an older hotel but is going thru renovation or just finishing up with the renovation. It was clean and it was nice, and quiet. We had a problem with our drain when we took a shower and told the front desk, it was fixed when we came back.

The Hotels breakfast was terrible only eggs(that were half way cooked/slimy), grits and oatmeal, OJ, tea, and coffee. I didnt like it, but others may. The hotel has a Art Deco feel even though its not in miami. Overall, the hotel was clean and neat. Eat at Shooters if your in the area, its an awesome restaurant, you will enjoy your visit there.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Manhattan Tower Apartment Hotel
#29 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Tides Inn
#4 of 28 in Lauderdale by the Sea

Been to Florida Beach Hotels? Share your experiences!