We did a timeshare exchange to stay here. We arrived by 1. The room was not ready, Rosie took our cell and said she would call us when ready..we thought perfect because we wanted to go have lunch. We walked the 1 block to the beach and lots of restaurants/bars. By the time we finished lunch, we got the call that the room was ready. Thankfully, we got the room our confirmation said we would 1805...I think it was the best room or one of the best rooms. It was the PH floor (18th fl in other words) corner unit facing beach and the Bonnet House. One bedrm unit with murphy bed and pull out couch.The room was clean, but furniture was little outdated and spots here and there. The kitchen was well equipped..other than not having a spatula! It is an electric stove. The bathroom was small, but fine. No tub, shower only could use some more scrubbing or new tiles. The unit was attached to another so it had a door to the other unit which you could hear the people next door. This door was near the bedroom, but it didn't bother us. The bedroom was not really big, but it was comfortable. The bed was somewhat hard. The closet was really big with Iron and ironing board and safe..they charge for the use of the safe. The view from the room was also ocean view; partially blocked by another hotel and restaurant, but still beautiful view of the sunrise. The best was the view as you come in the unit! The ocean view was the best and you had the sunrise which we woke up to look at just about every day. We had the balcony and below was the pool. To the right was the city and port view. Below was the Bonnet House with beautiful green trees and palm trees. Down the street there was a bar with some hot loud music Saturday nite...but that was the only day. I enjoyed it! The pool was not big, but it was never crowded so it was nice. It was nice having the bar by the pool, but the drinks took too long to be made. They also served some food. They had Karaoke one nite which was fun...you get a free drink if you sang...so I said why not!! The restaurant on the site was closed! The front desk workers were really polite and friendly. All staff we ran into were friendly. I liked that after a certain time in the late evening, they lock the front door and you have to use your key to get in. I believe the back door you always have to use the key. Parking was available out front, side and rear of hotel. Overall....my husband and I would stay here again without a doubt. The location was convenient to grocery stores, restaurants, beach, bars, clubs, shops, water taxi. There is a bus that goes along the beach route also. It is tough to find parking along the beach, you have to pay meters. Stay here...its worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is your home away from home providing comfortable and spacious condo-style accommodations which are newly updated and boasts granite countertops and flat screen TVs. Savor the magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracostal Waterway and experience the fun and excitement of the famed Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax on the sundeck while enjoying views of the ocean, soak away stress in the oversized hot tub, and sip a tropical cocktail at the pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort