“I love you guys!”

Ranked #52 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Normal, Illinois
“I love you guys!”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

On the final day of our vacation, my husband became very ill and was transported to Broward Medical Center by the paramedics. Hospital personnel directed me to the nearest hotel which happened to be Comfort Suites on Federal in Fort Lauderdale.

From day one which turned into a week long stay for me at the Comfort Suites, your employees became my second family. I wish I had written down all the employees names who helped me, but I particularly want to point out these people: Nikki, Jessie, Tito, Joan & Ester.

You helped me through a very difficult time. I also want to comment on the facts, that most travelers who come and go, don't even begin to realize that the people behind the counter also have lives of their own and are human beings. They are witness to every sort of human drama which walks through the front door. Most travelers are rude, demanding, complaining people, yet your staff responded only with professionalism towards them.

Thank you and God bless you for being there for me when I needed your help.

Laurel Kutash
Normal, IL

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank laurel k
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Laurel, thank you so much for writing this kind review. I will definitely post it where all of our employees can see it. I'm so proud to work with such kind, thoughtful people and I really appreciate your commending them all. I'm glad we were able to help you through a very difficult time and I hope that sometime soon you'll come back to visit us under much happier circumstances.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
ridgewood
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Spent eight nights attending a wedding celebration. It could not have been better. From professionalism of the staff, to cleanliness of all aspects of the facility, to the quality of the breakfast and to the central location(I walked every day and there were retails shops and eating places in abundance). Special thanks to Tito at the Front Desk for his helpfulness and Jimmy at the Transportation Desk who knew where to go to eat and best routes to get places.
Definitely would stay here again and would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Request east side of building and an upper floor for a view of the Cruiseport.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank casablancaRidgewood
I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for this wonderful review. I will post it where all of our staff can see it. You were certainly here long enough to be an expert on this property. Great staff, great rooms, very clean and we have a terrific location. Please come back again.
Thanks again.
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Some friends and I were on our way back to our respective hometowns from a weekend conference. Due to bad weather some of our flights were cancelled forcing us to stay by the airport over night. They were prompt in sending a shuttle to pick us up from the airport and upon arrival at the front desk, Tito was most cordial and helpful in finding accommodations for us. Excellent rooms, clean and fresh, nice suite with sofa bed, mini fridge and microwave oven, and a nice big comfortable bed.
Upon check out, after a yummy complimentary breakfast, Jessica went above and beyond my expectations, great customer service! She was attentive, helpful, and cheerful. I had to hang out for a while after check out while waiting for my afternoon flight. The General Manager and Jessica were caring enough to strike up a conversation and make me feel comfortable during my wait for the shuttle.
Kudos to the overnight clerk and the great lady that set up the breakfast!!
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, most definitely recommend choosing this hotel for its convenience, proximity to restaurants, and most of all the exceptional customer service!

Room Tip: The staff will make sure you get exactly the kind of room you need.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nunkikun
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
What a wonderful review!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. I have posted it for our staff to see. We have a wonderful, caring staff and everyone works hard to make this hotel the best in the airport/port area. Thanks for your comments about our great breakfast and our clean rooms and for mentioning our staff. I hope you'll come back and stay a little longer.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed here for the day before a cruise leaving from the nearby port. Its proximity to the airport and cruise port make it an ideal location in one respect but also limits its appeal as this is not an ideal area to walk.

However, it is good value for stopovers. Restaurant and bar staff make the extra effort, but hotel management staff should try a little harder - maybe even create an information kit for cruisers with common questions (shuttle, local grocery and liquor store, nearby sites). Room was good and there is a small pool with a pleasant sitting area.

Room Tip: Try to get one near stairs as elevators can be quite slow during peak periods.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Thanks for your review, Martha. I think I recall talking to you about Ottawa - telling you how I remember the tulips in the spring. I'm not sure what restaurant and bar you are referring to because we have neither - I'm going to assume you are referring to our Breakfast Room. We do give our guests a list of restaurants in the area and then will suggest shopping places based on what our guests are looking for. Again, thanks for the nice comments and I hope you'll be back to see us soon.
Exton
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Comfort Suites for the first time. We have been coming to Fort Lauderdale every winter to get away from the cold Pennsylvania Winter. We have stayed at some high end places, but decided to give the Comfort a try to save some money as my husband is now retired and we wanted to try and save some money.

This place has a lot to offer. It is conviently located minutes from the Airport and beaches. There is a 24hr CVS right next door in case you forgot to bring something. There is a Taco Bell right next door and several other places to eat across the street. You also save money because there is FREE Parking at this Comfort Suites (most hotels in Fort Lauderdale charge between $20 and$30 per night, Just to Park your car!! You also benefit from getting a free hot breakfast, which includes scrambled eggs, two breakfast meats, hot waffles, cererals, yougurts, fresh fruit bagels and danish!!

The best thing about this hotel is the Director of Sales and Marketing, Ellen Serra!! She is a sweet heart who goes out of her way to insure that you are happy with your stay. We had a minor hitch when we first got to the hotel and Ellen Serra immediately took care of us to make sure we were happy!! She makes you feel like you are part of her family. If you have any problems, make sure you ask for her and you will be very happy with the results. She definately made us feel special and we will definately want to come back down to stay at the Comfort Suites Airport on our next trip down to Fort Lauderdale!!! Thank You again Ellen!!

The staff at the front desk are very helpful, smiling and efficient and willing to help you with any issue you may have.

I want to give a special Thank You to Catherine who takes care of the Breakfast Area. She is the sweetest, kindest person. She always asks anyone if they would like anything else or would like to make a waffle, even after the 9:30am breakfast closing time. SHE IS THE BEST AND SHOULD BE APPRECIATED BY MANAGEMENT. She is the kind of employee who goes the extra mile to ensure that guests are fed and happy before they go out for the day. And that kind of special treatment of guests make you want to come back to visit this wonderful hotel.

I also would like to mention that the hotel was very clean. They just re-did the hotel with all new bedding, furniture, carpeting and pain. Very nicely done in tropical colors in a retro style.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room near the parking lot. The front of the hotel can be a little noisy, bu...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ang S
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Oh my goodness, Angela. Thank you so much for this. I enjoyed meeting both of you and I am so glad I was able to help make your stay enjoyable. This review is just wonderful and we all appreciate it so much. You put a lot of time and thought into it. I am humbled by your compliment - truly. I have printed the review and it's posted for all of our employees to see. We have a wonderful hotel and our staff is friendly and helpful. I'm so glad you had a chance to experience it all. Please come back to see us.
newcastle
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This suite hotel did not disappoint.We arrived after arranging transfers from Miami IA with the company based at the hotel,75$.Check in was very efficient and friendly and we were allocated a room at the rear on a high floor,this is preferable as it is quieter than at the front.
The room was fine as was the breakfast,fairly basic but good enough for a couple of days.
The location is excellent for transfer to the port,which costs 6$ pp,and only takes a few minutes.
If you want a location for a longer stay in Fort Lauderdale one nearer the centre would be better as it is at least a 30 minute walk to the water taxi or a car or taxi to the shops beach etc.

Room Tip: High room at Back
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shakeyw
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thanks for your nice review. You are correct - we provide nice clean rooms, a decent breakfast - everything from eggs and meat to "make-your-own" waffles. We have yoghurt and fruit for those looking for a more healthy breakfast. There are many shops and restaurants just a block from the hotel and even more if you go a little further. I hope you'll come back to see us again.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Great staff, keep up the outstanding job... from Nicky, Tito to the night auditor and all the front desk staff thanks so much for helping me when I lost my passport! A special thanks to Ellen Serra who was so friendly and helpful in my hour of need! Dave

Room Tip: A clock in the Lobby would be nice and a Scale in the fitness center would be great!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank DavidH6040
Hi Dave - it really was a pleasure meeting you and I'm so happy we were able to help find your passport. The entire staff thanks you for your kind comments. Be sure to tell all your friends in the DR to stay here when they come up to Fort Lauderdale. Please come back to visit soon. Contact me, personally, to make your next reservation.