“Feel secure, welcomed and relax”

Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #53 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 3 September 2013

After a horrible experience in Hollywood Beach trying to get a room for the night, I decided to head toward Ft Lauderdale. I pulled in the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise, and what a welcome I received. The front desk clerk could tell I had a hard day, she had a smile of welcome, a bag
offering of fruit, water, protein bar and offered to do anything to make my stay easier. I got in my room, to a nice cool room, big flat screen tv, microwave and refrigerator. I was only sadden to realize this was for only 1 night. When I left the next morning, everyone had a smile, breakfast was ready and off I went to get in my car, that wouldn't start. Ellen the sales manager and one of the transporters gave me a jump and off I went. I will certainly stay here from now on when I am in the area...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lu C
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you, Lu, for your nice review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. I'm so glad Melvin, our Engineer, and I were able to get your car started for you so you could get out and make your sales calls. Thanks for your comments about our wonderful staff, nice rooms and overall enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I wasn't really sure I want to stay at this hotel after reading all the past negative reviews. But the more recent reviews suggests that this hotel did change recently for the better so I took a leap of faith and booked it. And I'm pleased to report that the 5 stars I gave to this hotel is well earned.

Being a gold member of Choice Hotel, I was given a special gift at check in. It includes a bottle of water and some shaving cream. That was a very welcoming gesture so thank you again (1 star here). The front desk clerk was very hospitable and welcoming. She even called me at my room shortly after I checked in to make sure I was happy with the room. That's a big plus for a hotel this size (that deserves 2 stars). I didn't use their pool but did notice that they have one. I used the fitness room and it was very clean and adequate. Clean towels and water was readily available and all machines were working. They advertised that breakfast is available at 7am. When I arrived at the breakfast room at 6:30am, breakfast was served by a very nice lady. She, like the rest of the staff, is very welcoming. Fitness center and breakfast combined for another star. I boarded the shuttle to the airport to pickup a rental car at 7am. The driver was extremely friendly. I felt as if I were in a 4+ star hotel with the wonderful service they offer. (another 1 star)

The room itself is nice. I was expecting it to be a "suite" but it's really not a suite. We had a room with 2 beds and it was adequate. The room was very clean...I checked the sheets for possible bed bugs or other dirt but found none. The bathroom was also very clean and bug free. (1 more star).

Ask for a room that faces the parking lot since the other side faces a main street so possibly can be noisy.

Location is great. It is within walking distance to CVS, Denny's, Taco Bell, and other restaurants in the area.

The only complain I have, and it's shared with most people, is the elevator. One of the elevators is not working so everyone had to wait a long time for the elevator. The trick is to get in the elevator while it is on its way up because it does not make any stops on the way down. We learned that the hard way the first time around. At one time, we had to wait for about 5-7 minutes at the lobby. So, that can really use some improvements. I really should take a star away for this inconvenience but will give them the benefit of the extra star for making such a great come back from what other travelers reported in the past. Kudos to everyone at this hotel for making it a success story. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to family and friends.

BTW, do yourself a favor and do not eat at Southport Raw Bar unless you are looking for some mediocre seafood with terrible service. You can see my review of that restaurant if you check my other reviews.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the parking lot instead of the street
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HipHipHop
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you very much for your extremely detailed review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. We pride ourselves on our service, property features, cleanliness, location and amazing staff. I understand your comments on the elevators. We are currently installing 2 brand new computerized elevators. They have to take one out of service at a time in order to accomplish this major improvement. We hope that operating with 1 elevator isn't too much of an inconvenience to our guests; however, the end result is going to be wondeful. Two brand new elevators. Thank you for your understanding. I hope you'll be back to see and experience the new elevators.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Terrible color schemes in the hallways and the bedrooms. Not inviting. Usual hotel breakfast assortment of unattended bread, toaster, scrambled eggs, and a waffle maker. Many of the clientele seem to be less than the average quality of guests that I would hope for.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Wally -
I am extremely disappointed to read your review - especially your comment on the quality of our guests. This is a 3-diamond hotel and we host guests from all over our country and all over the world. We do not screen reservations. Everyone is welcome and everyone is treated with respect. We're very proud of our hotel and our staff and our guests.
Director of Sales

Reviewed 11 August 2013

My stay was very nice and the room was very clean and comfortable. But, my best experience was during breakfast with JoAnn who works in the contintental breakfast area. I noticed how very kind she was when a customer spilled his coffee on himself and floor. She made him feel better that it;'s ok and told him not to worry that she would clean up and she did it with a "cheerful heart and "spirit". She also helped other customers with whatever theyneeded.

JoAnn is great asesst and an extemelyvaluable contributor to make guests feel good and comfortable at your hotel. She deserves recognition and some type of performance reward.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank hopealana12
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. We appreciate your compliments on the "nice and clean" room and especially your comments about Joan in our Breakfast Room. I have posted your comments where everyone can see them and, of course, have share them with her supervisor and our General Manager. You're right - she's terrific....as are all of our staff members. Thank you again and please come back soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Our stay got off to a rocky start when flight delays caused us to arrive at Fort Lauderdale airport after midnight. We call the hotel for the free shuttle...only to be informed there is no shuttle service offered after midnight. To be fair, it is in the fine print on the hotel webpage.

We spent one night before our cruise of of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale.

The room was nice. the complimentary breakfast was the standard mostly cold buffet except for hot eggs. Nothing great, but what equivalent to what most hotels offer for free.
The shuttle to the cruise cost $6 a person, so not an unreasonable charge.

The hotel was under renovation. Only one elevator was working, so this was a bit of an inconvenience. We found out from others that the second elevator had been out of service for at least two weeks, so points deducted for that.

On the whole, our stay was fine and served our purpose of being close to the airport and the cruise port.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bill R
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you, Bill, for your nice review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. Yes, our shuttle operates from 5 a.m. to midnight. I'm sorry you came in so late. The elevators are being completely upgraded - all new computers, etc. The next time you visit, you'll find 2 quick and efficient elevators. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll be back soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

The hotel seemed to be in the process of renovating. However, the hotel was excellent! Great staff, great room, comfortable bed, and clean. On top of all of this you receive complimentary parking, complimentary breakfast and complimentary wireless internet. Also, within a .1 mile radius there was a CVS, Burger King, and Taco Bell. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you, Charli, for such a nice review of our Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. You mentioned all the great features that I always talk about - our great staff, clean comfortable rooms, free breakfast, wireless, parking and proximity to restaurants and shopping. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll be back to see us soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

My spent two nights at this hotel before my cruise to Miami. As I was sitting in the lobby, there was a situation with one of the guest and Jessica at the front desk handled the issue with grace. Thank you Jessica for making my stay pleasant. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. I will be back next year for my next cruise!

Lisa

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank all4u69_2002
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you, Lisa, for your nice review about our Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. And thank you especially, for your lovely comments about our Front Desk Supervisor, Jessica. She really is an asset to this hotel and I have made a copy of your review and posted it so everyone can see it. You're right - the hotel is clean and our staff is great. We look forward to welcoming you next year.