“Very clean hotel and exceptionally great staff”

Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Very clean hotel and exceptionally great staff”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with the overall service and friendliness of the staff. Greg assisted us with our checkin. He was very courteous and helpful in handling our accommodations. He did an outstanding job.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Cochaffee
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thanks for your nice review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. We appreciate your noticing the cleanliness of the hotel and our great service. I have passed along your nice comment about Greg to both him and his supervisor. We hope to see you here again soon.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was in Ft Lauderdale on business when one member of my party became very ill, I was not able to make the correct check out time dealing with getting assistance for my friend. Once I was able to convey my difficulties to a manager, I was not charged for an extra day. I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast, The lady in the breakfast room was extremely helpful. I had a suite that was very nice. The WIFI was very fast, so fast that I stayed up most of the night on the internet. The staff was also helpful in helping me find my way. I did not have a reservation when I arrived after midnight and was pleasantly surprised with my room and the service that I received at that time of night. They were also attentive to my ill associate. I shall return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank leslawlie
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you so much for your very nice review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. I am so pleased that our staff was able to help you out and make a difficult situation easier for you. We do have a wonderful, caring staff. We look forward to seeing you here again.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here on business before flying home from FLL the following morning. Very close to airport, shuttle is available I believe (I had a rental). Eagle Rider motorcycle rental is at end of block. Right on a major highway US1 so not particularly scenic, but close to many things. 17th street restaurants were within walking distance. 15th Street Fisheries on the ICW was 1.1 miles away. Neighborhood did not seem at all "sketchy" while out walking (stumbling back from the bar, so I may not have been too observant). One elevator was out and the other had evidence of some "retrofitting" to make it work. It did always work though. Breakfast was only OK. Toaster had also been "modified" to work. No injuries or fire though. I think this would be a very good place to start or end your journey for one night. I would probably look elsewhere for a longer stay. I was only there one day and only used the room and the walking distance convenience to restaurants etc.

1 Thank RoadBob66
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you, Bob, for your recent review of our Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. You're right, we do have a great location close to a wide variety of shops and restaurants. Also, we are currently installing all new elevators and they do need to take one out of service at a time in order to accomplish this. Thank you for understanding this. I hope you'll come back again so you can enjoy the new and much improved elevators.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

After a horrible experience in Hollywood Beach trying to get a room for the night, I decided to head toward Ft Lauderdale. I pulled in the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise, and what a welcome I received. The front desk clerk could tell I had a hard day, she had a smile of welcome, a bag
offering of fruit, water, protein bar and offered to do anything to make my stay easier. I got in my room, to a nice cool room, big flat screen tv, microwave and refrigerator. I was only sadden to realize this was for only 1 night. When I left the next morning, everyone had a smile, breakfast was ready and off I went to get in my car, that wouldn't start. Ellen the sales manager and one of the transporters gave me a jump and off I went. I will certainly stay here from now on when I am in the area...

1 Thank Lu C
Thank you, Lu, for your nice review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. I'm so glad Melvin, our Engineer, and I were able to get your car started for you so you could get out and make your sales calls. Thanks for your comments about our wonderful staff, nice rooms and overall enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I wasn't really sure I want to stay at this hotel after reading all the past negative reviews. But the more recent reviews suggests that this hotel did change recently for the better so I took a leap of faith and booked it. And I'm pleased to report that the 5 stars I gave to this hotel is well earned.

Being a gold member of Choice Hotel, I was given a special gift at check in. It includes a bottle of water and some shaving cream. That was a very welcoming gesture so thank you again (1 star here). The front desk clerk was very hospitable and welcoming. She even called me at my room shortly after I checked in to make sure I was happy with the room. That's a big plus for a hotel this size (that deserves 2 stars). I didn't use their pool but did notice that they have one. I used the fitness room and it was very clean and adequate. Clean towels and water was readily available and all machines were working. They advertised that breakfast is available at 7am. When I arrived at the breakfast room at 6:30am, breakfast was served by a very nice lady. She, like the rest of the staff, is very welcoming. Fitness center and breakfast combined for another star. I boarded the shuttle to the airport to pickup a rental car at 7am. The driver was extremely friendly. I felt as if I were in a 4+ star hotel with the wonderful service they offer. (another 1 star)

The room itself is nice. I was expecting it to be a "suite" but it's really not a suite. We had a room with 2 beds and it was adequate. The room was very clean...I checked the sheets for possible bed bugs or other dirt but found none. The bathroom was also very clean and bug free. (1 more star).

Ask for a room that faces the parking lot since the other side faces a main street so possibly can be noisy.

Location is great. It is within walking distance to CVS, Denny's, Taco Bell, and other restaurants in the area.

The only complain I have, and it's shared with most people, is the elevator. One of the elevators is not working so everyone had to wait a long time for the elevator. The trick is to get in the elevator while it is on its way up because it does not make any stops on the way down. We learned that the hard way the first time around. At one time, we had to wait for about 5-7 minutes at the lobby. So, that can really use some improvements. I really should take a star away for this inconvenience but will give them the benefit of the extra star for making such a great come back from what other travelers reported in the past. Kudos to everyone at this hotel for making it a success story. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to family and friends.

BTW, do yourself a favor and do not eat at Southport Raw Bar unless you are looking for some mediocre seafood with terrible service. You can see my review of that restaurant if you check my other reviews.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the parking lot instead of the street
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HipHipHop
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you very much for your extremely detailed review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. We pride ourselves on our service, property features, cleanliness, location and amazing staff. I understand your comments on the elevators. We are currently installing 2 brand new computerized elevators. They have to take one out of service at a time in order to accomplish this major improvement. We hope that operating with 1 elevator isn't too much of an inconvenience to our guests; however, the end result is going to be wondeful. Two brand new elevators. Thank you for your understanding. I hope you'll be back to see and experience the new elevators.
Oeiras, Portugal
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Terrible color schemes in the hallways and the bedrooms. Not inviting. Usual hotel breakfast assortment of unattended bread, toaster, scrambled eggs, and a waffle maker. Many of the clientele seem to be less than the average quality of guests that I would hope for.

Dear Wally -
I am extremely disappointed to read your review - especially your comment on the quality of our guests. This is a 3-diamond hotel and we host guests from all over our country and all over the world. We do not screen reservations. Everyone is welcome and everyone is treated with respect. We're very proud of our hotel and our staff and our guests.
Director of Sales
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My stay was very nice and the room was very clean and comfortable. But, my best experience was during breakfast with JoAnn who works in the contintental breakfast area. I noticed how very kind she was when a customer spilled his coffee on himself and floor. She made him feel better that it;'s ok and told him not to worry that she would clean up and she did it with a "cheerful heart and "spirit". She also helped other customers with whatever theyneeded.

JoAnn is great asesst and an extemelyvaluable contributor to make guests feel good and comfortable at your hotel. She deserves recognition and some type of performance reward.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank hopealana12
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. We appreciate your compliments on the "nice and clean" room and especially your comments about Joan in our Breakfast Room. I have posted your comments where everyone can see them and, of course, have share them with her supervisor and our General Manager. You're right - she's terrific....as are all of our staff members. Thank you again and please come back soon.