“Great location, service, facility”

Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #54 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Had a very experience. Front desk personnel, day and night, very helpful and competent. Arrived late one night, 11PM for a one night stay prior to cruise. Desk person, a lady, made me feel welcome. Following cruise, arrived 10 AM. Could not check but same desk lady offered to store my luggage till check in. Enjoyable experience. Nice being so close to port everglades.

Room Tip: 7th floor, east side, view of port everglades and sunrise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you, Jack, for your nice review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. We are very proud of our hotel and especially our wonderful staff and I'm so glad that they made your stay so pleasant. We do have a perfect location near the port, shops and lots of restaurants. Please come back to see us again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the cruise port and the fact that I had points to use up before the end of the year. We booked the hotel online but I called direct and asked if they provided pick up at the port. I was advised that pick up was available at a fee of $6.00/person. After docking and clearing customs I called for pick up and was advised that none was available. I asked if they were bringing guests to the port why couldn't I be picked up. I was given an obscure answer and told to take a cab which would likely be faster and cheaper. We got a cab and an unhappy driver who pointed out the minimum charge of $10.

We arrived about 11:30AM. We were greeted by Greg who promptly pointed out that checkin was at 3:00PM. He stated that the hotel was sold out the night before and that checkout was 11:00AM. He stated that he would try to "expedite" our checkin and that we would likely get in before 3:00PM. Several other guests arrived over the next hour and it was always stated that checkin was 3:00PM but Greg would try to "expedite" things. In the next 2 1/2 hours we observed only two other couples being checked in. One got the impression that at 3:00PM the room fairy would suddenly make all the rooms available. At about 2:00PM Greg called me forward and "expedited" our checkin paperwork but said the room would be available shortly. We were given the key card about 2:30PM. Why rooms were not assigned as they became available will never be known. We were never able to determine what duties Greg's assistant was performing.

As previously observed only one elevator is functional awaiting the re-furbishment and certification of the other. The room has been refurbished but the main concern is the lack of a safe. There is a large screen TV but unfortunately not all channels are well received. There is a fridge, WIFI and a nice multi-plug USB combination outlet at the desk.

The hotel's proximity to the port and entertainment facilites make it attractive but the poor checkin experience detracted from this visit.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the port.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dennis B
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for this review. We provide complimentary Airport shuttle. Port shuttle is handled by a company that we contract with. They charge $6 to the port and $10 to pick up after a cruise - both are arranged by pre-booked reservation. The night before you arrived we were 100% sold out. Check out time is 11 a.m. and our housekeeping staff had 112 rooms to clean and then they must be inspected before we allow a guest to occupy it. Check in time is 3:00 p.m. and you were able to check in earlier - 2:30 p.m. We would have been happy to store your luggage so that you could go out and enjoy the area. As you mentioned, we are in a great location with a lot of shops and restaurants within walking distance. I hope we'll see you back here again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel appears to be older but recently updated. The rooms are nicely furnished and everything worked well but it does need some touch up. The walls were scuffed and nicked and some of the moldings need replacing. It does get busy on the weekends and the price goes up because of the cruise port. The wifi was a little slow at times but the stay overall was not bad.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for this review. You are correct. The hotel was recently totally refurbished. Our Maintenance Department does touch up the wall on a regular basis; however, our cruise guests have a lot of luggage and the walls do tend to get scuffed up. If you e-mail me with your room number, I'll see that they get into that room right away to do a paint touch-up. ellen@comfortfll.com. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have the feeling that the Comfort Suites and Comfort Inns are becoming the "red-headed stepchild" of the Choice Hotel line. Most of the ones we have stayed in recently have been refurbished, but not necessarily well done. This is one of the average ones.

The room had new carpeting and paint, the main color being a vibrant caribbean blue paired with a more neutral brown scale. The focus wall in the bedroom was this blue, while the others were tan. The carpeting had waves of this color along with creams and browns. I'm sure it was to get visitors ready for the cruises, but it only made me seasick.

The morning breakfast area was small and crowded. Some of the food supplies were in the hall area leading to the seating and tables. One of the elevators was not working while we were there...a minor inconvenience.

If you are taking a cruise and/or connecting to a flight, there is transportation available to and from the hotel so you don't have to rent a car.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda C
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you, Linda, for writing this review. Yes, we have done a complete renovation. I'm just sorry that you didn't like our new decor in the rooms. I am somewhat confused about your comment regarding food supplies in the hall. All of our buffet breakfast is in our Breakfast Room. Perhaps you can contact me directly to explain what you saw. 954-767-8700 or ellen@comfortfll.com. You're right, we're a perfect hotel for a pre-cruise stay - great location, shuttle service, free breakfast.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

One elevator not working at all, second one suspended for maintenance ( with out informing the hotel guests) 2 to 3 hours a day, When was working I had to wait for it sometimes up to 15-20 min.
I had to use the stairs up to 6 floor up and down daily , with all my gear, late to appointments, late to work, sweating by the time I got to my Job I was all sweating, I finally decide to move to a other hotel for the remaining of my 35 days stay.
I was going out to find locations with internet connection to do my work, (internet connection was a total disaster )
Ask them for 3 days to replace a broken hair dryer, never happened.
And much more, This stay total DISASTER, never again!

Room Tip: Don't let the price fool you!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Daniel R
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Yes, we are currently in the final stages of installing 2 brand new computerized elevators. There have been several occasions when we had to have both elevators out at the same time but never for more than 2 hours. We always post notices when this happens.
I understand that we connected you with our Internet Tech Support to assist you with the wireless connection. Our Front Desk Supervisor said she called you the next day to see if all was ok and you said it was. I’m so very sorry that we were not aware of your continuing problem. We would have been happy to assist you.
Our Supervisor also said that she sent our Maintenance Manager to check the hair dryer and he made sure it was working. We are not aware of any further calls from you about it.
Our General Manager sent you an e-mail. I hope you have received it and know that we are very sorry for your inconveniences. We work very hard to make sure that our guests enjoy their stay with us and we are very unhappy when we don’t meet their expectations.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

When visiting a city for business I seek a hotel that has easy access to the major road networks of the area, is comfortable, clean and priced right. The Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port is just perfect for my business trips to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for writing this review and mentioning that we are very convenient for the business traveler. We're do have easy access to I-95, I-595 and the Turnpike. The hotel is also close to restaurants and shops - even a 24-hour CVS Pharmacy right next door. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip. Please ask for me.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed before our cruise. Greg was AWESOME! Would stay again. The Kinney family. Greg made sure that we were takin care off. Made sure we dinner. They offer free shuttle bus from the airport very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shuhron K
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you, Shuhron, for your nice review. I'll be sure Greg and his supervisor see your comments. The Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port is really the best value in the Airport and Port area. We hope to see you back again.