“Good location for the airport”

Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #54 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I made a last minute reservation here as I had an early morning flight. The rates are reasonable and the hotel is new. The room was large and clean. I also found the staff to be friendly and attentive. The location is great if you are flying or cruising but not convenient to the city or beaches. I left so early I cannot comment on the breakfast or shuttle service.

1  Thank CaraMHutchins
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you, Cara, for writing this nice review and mentioning our great staff and our large, clean rooms. We are only 2 1/2 miles from the beach so next time I hope you'll stay longer so you can enjoy the area.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Was staying there for work, and they implemented a "sensor" in the room, that automatically shut off the A/C if it "thought" there was no one in the room. The sensor wasn't even directed toward the bed area, so if you don't normally get up during the middle of the night, the A/C would shut off, and you'd wake up in a HOT room, just long enough to wave your arm so the sensor "saw" you, and turned the A/C back on.

Basically, avoid staying here, unless you're an insomniac.

Everything else about the property was pleasant, save for a parking lot far too small for the number of rooms they have - park early!

It's close to numerous restaurants, pubs, and public transportation. The rooms were clean, though warm. My thoughts are that the guest, not the hotel, should be allowed to control the temperature of their room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank thunderisdistant

I see that you were here almost 1 year ago and since then we have done major renovations. We no longer have sensors in the room and almost all of the rooms have new a/c units. I'm glad you enjoyed the location and we continue to be proud of the cleanliness of our hotel which I see you noticed. I hope you'll come back and enjoy a nice cool room - all night.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times when we were going on a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale, and came in there again on December 25th. The location is within minutes of both Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Port Everglades. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the price is reasonable, especially considering the included breakfast. Best of all, there is a shuttle service that for $6 per person, you can get directly to the port with prompt and courteous service. When we checked in, fairly late at night, the man at the desk, Greg, was outstanding. He recognized our status as Choice Hotel gold members, which has happened only one other time before (out of probably 40 Choice Hotel stays), explained all the facilities and services available at the hotel, and did everything he could to accommodate our needs. Ten minutes after we were in our rooms, he called to make sure that the rooms were satisfactory--that's never happened before. The breakfast is probably better at the Embassy Suites, but it's got enough of a selection where you shouldn't go away hungry. Over all, we'll probably be there again in March, when we will be back in the area.

4  Thank Robert B

Thanks, Robert, for taking the time to write this very nice review of our Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. First of all, Choice Privilege members are very special guests and we make sure we recognize you as a member and thank you for your loyalty to Choice Hotels. Thanks for mentioning our efficient shuttle service and our excellent breakfast. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope I'll have a chance to meet you when you return in March.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

In my opinion, this hotel provided a decent place to sleep.

The great news: The people working here were some of the friendliest and informative bunch that I've encountered at check-in, and I know they were dealing with a stressful night, accompanied by many travelers with cancelled flights, and not in good moods.

Our room was clean, which in my opinion is paramount. On the other hand, it smelled a little funny... maybe musty.
The couch was outdated, but functional.

The price vs. other hotels in the area was competitive.

The breakfast buffet was free and pretty good too.

5  Thank JulesReviews

What a nice review. Thank you for mentioning our terrific staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. By the way, 2 weeks ago we received all brand new sofabeds and they are wonderful. I also glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I hope we'll see you back here soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise. Greg, who was working the front desk, was the absolute best. He was working alone with a lobby full of people, but he handled it beautifully. He was professional, helpful, and willing to go the extra mile to see that we were all taken care of and that our questions were answered. The hotel was clean, beds comfortable, and the breakfast was good. The location is great. It is walking distance to lots of shopping and eating places. Transportation from the airport was complimentary and timely. A very reasonable fee was charged for transportation to the cruise port. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Mary W

Thank you, Mary, for this nice review. I will be sure that Greg and his supervisor see your comments about him and I know they will appreciate it. Thanks also for mentioning our great location - we really are only about 2 1/2 miles from the beach by the way. I'm also glad you mentioned our great breakfast and the cleanliness of the hotel. Please tell your friends and family about us and be sure to come back the next time you're in Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

my husband and I stayed at this hotel on Dec. 18th before embarking on a cruise the next afternoon...my experience with Greg (whom I believe is the Manager, and if he is not HE SHOULD BE) began a few weeks prior to my check in....I telephoned and was lucky to speak with Greg who was patient, helpful and acted like he was a family member...my service was just the best ever....room larger than I expected, good hot breakfast, and parking for the length of my cruise........Greg is the host / manager and treats his customers like family.......location also great with restaurants and shopping available in walking distance......GREAT LOCATION......GREAT GREETING and SERVICE

anyone travelling to Fort Lauderdale to take a cruise or a flight should definitely consider this location...

Room Tip: I only know the room I had and it was good, clean and spacious
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Phyllis R
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you, Phyllis. We do have a great staff and Greg, our Assistant General Manager, certainly does a great job. I'll be sure he sees this review. Thanks also for mentioning our terrific location, great breakfast and large rooms. Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We do appreciate it.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

First of all the entire staff for our two night stay has been super friendly, professional, welcoming and accommodating. Our room is spotless. Bed is very comfortable. Breakfast is very good with make your own waffles, firm scrambled eggs and Canadian bacon along with various breads and pastries. Parking is free and the airport is less than 10 minutes drive.The only negatives are weak wifi and close to traffic noise if you are a light sleeper. We come to Fort Lauderdale every year and will definitely be staying here again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tedsma87

Thank you for writing this great review and mentioning our great staff, the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms and the delicious breakfast. We appreciate your comments and will look forward to seeing you here again.