“Great place for a layover”

Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Lakewood, WA
“Great place for a layover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Was a fine place to stay in order to catch a flight from FLL in the morning - 6 or 7 minute drive to the airport (with a gas station within a block to fill up your rental). Definitely not the neighborhood where you'll be out strolling during a weeklong stay, but certainly not unsafe. TacoBell next door. Good breakfast, nice people. My only issue, but it's a big one, was the wifi that kept cutting in and out. When I ran a test, the download speed was .15 Mbps which is … yeah. So if you're offline, this place is A1, but if you need business or personal wifi, look around.

1 Thank TheBlitz
COMEAL B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
I really appreciate you for taking time to submit a review about our property. I read you review a few times, overall the review was a good one. My concern on your review was when you mention "neighborhood ". Our propery is in a safe and protected area. We are near the Cruise Port and Airport, not to mention banks, restauraunt,malls and Cvs Pharmacy. I also wonder if you called our Guest Services about the Wifi. We have a company that provides us 24 hours service on our Wifi. I want tro thank you again for your review and stay with us. I hope when you in South Floriday you come back and visit us, because we here at Comfort Suites appreciate your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Port Perry, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We recently spent the night at this hotel before our cruise. We had checked reviews before we booked and several reviews raved about Greg. When we were there we met Greg and he certainly came up to expectations and beyond. He checked us in with ease at the same time translating into Spanish for the couple checking in beside us. He thought of all our questions and answered them before we asked. He recommended a place for Supper "Ernie's" which made the best BLT we have eaten! In the morning our hairdryer did not work and when I went to the front desk Greg had a maintenance man come up with me within a minute of asking.. unbelievable service. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. We left our car for the duration of the cruise which was considerably cheaper than leaving it at the port.If you read this Greg "THANK YOU" from your Canadian fans!!

1 Thank Sarah A
COMEAL B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
It makes my staff, and I feel really good when we read all the reviews from our guest. Thank you for saying such kind words about our property. Greg was happy when he read your review, and he ask me to tell you Thank You for appreciating his services to you. Your review allows other guest to know that we our in a great location for, restaurants,shopping, and a safe stays. Many of our guest as well as yourself park there cars while they are gone away on vaction for a low cost. It's very safe at our property. Ernie restaurant is on of my favorites as well. When ever you and your family are in South Florida please give us a visit. You can call us directly, we are a 24 hour service. Thank You again.
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I chose this hotel due to the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I wanted an affordable hotel near the airport and cruise port. This hotel was a good fit. The free shuttle from the airport was efficient as well as the one to the cruise port ($6 person). It had many features including free breakfast, free parking, pool, business area, and fitness room that provided added value. The hotel was in a noisy area but in a walk able distance to a number of resturants. It was not in the most scenic part of Ft Lauderdale but it was fine for a one night stay. The air conditioner was noisy and we were not able to get a good night's sleep. I found black hair in the shower as well as in the towels (which I presumed were clean). The staff were professional and proficient but the shuttle bus driver seemed irritated. (maybe he just had a busy day). I never met Greg or Jessica during my stay. The hotel had numerous features but eveything condensed (fitness room, business area, breakfast area). They need to move coffee in breakfast area it was squeezed into corner in busy section. I would suggest by the cereal and waffle area. Try Kelly's Landing for dinner-- amazing seafood in walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing parking lot or back.
2 Thank summerlover123
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for this review and for mentioning so many of the great things about this hotel. I have noted your suggestions and issues and assure you they will be discussed at our next meeting. Guest satisfaction is our priority and we do all we can to make sure that every guest leaves here smiling and looking forward to a return stay. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review.
Ellen Serra
Director of Sales & Marketing
Antigua
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed here for just a couple of nights and it was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful, wifi throughout the hotel. Room was perfect for what we needed, very clean and well presented. Breakfast was basic but within the price of the room. Free car park. Close to airport and everything else in Fort Lauderdale if you have a car. If I needed a room for a night I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nathan K
Thank you for your stay. Reading your review reminds my staff and I how hard we work to make our guest comfortable, and to feel at home.. Your review explains it all. I'll let the staff know that you enjoyed staying with us. Our goal is to make sure that you are pleased 100%. Thank you again for such a great review.
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We spent two days at the hotel prior and one day after our cruise at this hotel. We had no problems at all with their shuttle service. The rooms were clean and well maintained and the staff was awesome. Special mention to Jessica and Greg as well as the lady that ran the breakfast area. She kindly allowed us to have a coffee and toasted english muffin prior to catching the 4 am shuttle to the airport. Ernie's across the street had great food as well as the Outback which was a couple of blocks away. If we cruise from Fort Lauderdale again we will definitely stay here again. And Jessica, what we promised you is in the mail.

Room Tip: Choose the side away from S Federal Highway, there is some road noise but not unbearable.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Doug R
COMEAL B, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to write such a great review. It's true what you say about it's a great property to stay at for families who are going on a cruise,but we are also less than 10 minutes away from the airport.My staff and I are very happy that we where abel to give you a great stay. Jessica,Greg,and Joann the host of breakfast say to tell you thank you for enjoying there services. Jessica also told me to tell you that she did recieve you package, and thank you so much. I hope when you are in the South Florida area that you come and visit us.
Lenexa, KS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed here one night before our cruise. We booked this place because of the very good reviews on trip advisor. As far as the pick up from the airport, that was the big negative. We called right after we got our bags and the person that answered the phone at Comfort Suites advised us where to go and that the driver would be along shortly. We waited and waited and waited. Finally we called Comfort Suites again and was told, again, he would be there shortly. We finally sighted the van but the driver upon stopping said there were 7 passengers ahead of us and that he would have to pick them up first. He told us that another driver was just behind him. Well, there was not another driver behind him. No one stopped to pick us up though a van that appeared to be the one we needed never slowed down to attempt to pick us up. We waited nearly one hour before the same driver we talked to the first time, picked us up. He seemed very rushed and said that they had so many passengers to pick up and the traffic was very heavy. We were tired and hungry from our flight so we got in and it was very heavy traffic to get to Comfort Suites. Upon arrival we heard from many other passengers that they also waited close to an hour for a pick up. If this was the best they could do, the front desk should have made people aware of the long wait and then we could have decided if we wanted to get a taxi. Let me tell you, there were many unhappy travelers. Upon check-in, we asked about getting the shuttle service to the cruise port the next morning. The clerk stated only times left were 12:00PM or later. We felt that was too late, so we decided we would call a taxi the next morning. The next morning, we tried to get a taxi but the clerk stated she was on hold with the taxi company and it would be some time before a taxi could come to pick us up. She suggested we take the shuttle and we stated, we thought there wasn't any more room on the shuttle as this was about 10:30AM. There were two places left and we gladly got in but my question, why were we told the only time left was 12:00PM or after? Perhaps someone cancelled but it certainly left us confused. As far as the room, it was very nice. It was clean and well designed. The bed was very comfortable and it was quiet. The TV reception could have been better though and we didn't have any HD channels. We had a good view out our window and could see the cruise ships the next morning. The pool area was very nice and we sat out on the pool chairs after breakfast before getting ready to leave. We had eaten out that night (after check in) at the Outback restaurant. It is a short distance from the hotel and the desk was able to give us directions. The breakfast the next morning was extremely busy. The poor lady in charge kept very busy trying to keep up with everything but it was just too many people to be able to keep up with everything. The breakfast was OK. Nothing very special about it but that was not a big deal for us. In short, if it wouldn't have been a bad experience about the airport pick up, we would probably stay here again but I think we might try sometwhere else the next time we cruise. We have stayed in Ft Lauderdale area countless times and never had to wait that long for shuttle service.

Room Tip: Close to the airport and cruiseport. Many shops and restaurants nearby.
1 Thank Lenexa_KSJayhawk
I want to start this response by saying Thank You for choosing our hotel for your stay. I would like to take this time to explain that during your stay we where at high occupacy (100%) .
So that being said, we have 2 drivers daily that we use to pick up our guest for our hotel. I do know that when guest arrive to airport, we don't know exactly how many guest arrive at the same time. So when we experience this situation we then advise the guest diffrent options, but we do guarentee shuttel services between the hours of 5am- 12a.m. We here @ Comfort Suites try to give "all" our guest a great stay. I wish that you can call me directly for I can explain to you how important it means to my staff, and I how we appreciate you for choosing us.. We are known for excellent location,great transportation, and great distance from airport and cruise port, and as you said in your review, the room was very nice, clean and well designed. You also mention that the beds was very comfortable and it was quiet. There where other situation you also mention that where not to yourl liking. I wonder if you called our Guest Services that is available 24 hours, and we would have fix any issues that needed to be fix. Again, Thank You for your review because we appreciate any comments from our Guest. Hope to hear from you soon
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

A good and clean place to stay, especially for cruise passengers. We were able to get back from town to hotel by bus. Originally it was for one night, but we had to book an extra night, due to change of flight by Virgin America. Good and reasonable priced shuttle service to cruise terminal. Good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff (Greg & Jessica) although airport shuttle service could improve. Had it not been for Greg who was on duty that night, I would have to find other means to get to hotel, bearing in mind my flight from Los Angeles arrived late in the night. After three attempts calling the hotel, was I able to hop onto the shuttle to be taken to the hotel. Other hotels' shuttle service took care and stop to check if passengers are staying at their hotel. Again thanks Greg for insisting that the driver make another round to find us, probably miscommunication between Greg and the driver. But all ended well and we got to the hotel, tired but safe.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessie C
Before I respond to your review. Greg and Jessica said to tell you Thank You for thinking so highly on there services to you. I would like to say that your review say it all when it comes to our Hot Contenital Breakfast,Great Customer Service,and Clean Suites. I did speak to Greg about the shuttle issue. He had mention that at the time of your request, the van was full with guest that called prior to your request, but when you called back the driver was at route to bring guest to our property, and then come back for you. We here at Comfort Suites try to go on and beyond for our guest. Over all I'm happy that your stay was great, and I hope you'll come and visit us again