“It was ok....” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“It was ok....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

As far as the actually room, it was very nice. It was clean, spacious, and modern. I only have 2 complaints. My first complaint is the internet was not working. We called the front desk TWICE and was told that someone would either call us back or come to the room to check the connection......neither happened. Not to mention the second time we called, the women at the front desk was a little rude.
My second complaint is the a/c did not work very well, so the room was a little uncomfortable.

Other then that, I would recommend it if you're going to stay one night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thanks for this review. We are in the process of upgrading our internet access. The company we hired has been working on it for several weeks. I'm sorry you felt that our front desk staff was rude and would appreciate your giving me her name so we can address it with her. Did you also report the a/c being warm? We take great pride in our excellent Customer Service and it is a priority for us. If you can send me names or dates and times, I will definitely follow up. Send an e-mail to me at ellen@comfortfll.com. Thank you.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel with modern accessories, new carpeting and bedding. Good sized bathroom with a large counter. The AC was noisy when it was on but worked well. It was more the model type because we’ve encountered the same noise at other hotels with that same model AC. Staff were very friendly and helpful (especially the woman at the front desk with the long hair and pretty blue eyes - I forget her name but she was there every day for the day shift). There is a nice pool area with lots of greenery for shade and privacy. It has both loungers and table & chairs depending on your preference. Free hot and cold breakfast included with lots of variety and more available seating than most hotels. This hotel is walking distance to the Harbour Shops and 17th street, which also has many restaurants. You can walk to the beach from here but it’s about 2 miles away. Overall, good value and we wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luv2travel_RS
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
What a nice review. Thank you for taking the time to write it. You mentioned all the great reasons to stay here – our wonderful staff (especially Jessica), our lovely pool area, our great breakfast and, of course, our very convenient location. Thank you again and I hope you’ll be back again soon.
Hernando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean and quiet. Pool was I heated but clean. Desk chair in the room was broken. Wi-Fi worked and it was a bit faster than you usually get in these places. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and cruise port. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for writing this review. We have just updated our Wi-Fi so I am so happy that you commented on the speed. We do have a very convenient location and I hope we can welcome you back soon.
Hobart
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We arrived late at night, dog tired after a very bumpy trip from Sydney, via Dallas. No worries. Free phone to hotel. They picked us up after a short while and delivered us to the hotel. A very friendly welcome from Greg, then tucked up in our comfortable beds. Staff exceptionally polite, helpful and friendly. Breakfast included. Several good restaurants nearby for evening meal. The best place to start a cruise. We stayed two nights and were very happy with the service.

Room Tip: Our room on third floor was fine. Even though it faced a busy road, it was not noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing us all the way from Sydney – one of my favorite cities. I’m so glad that our staff made your stay a pleasant one and that you enjoyed our convenient location. We really are “the best place to start a cruise”.
Falls Church
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was scheduled to go on a cruise leaving out of the Port of Everglades and stayed at this hotel. I enjoyed myself and the staff treated me well. Jessica took care of everything I need at the front desk; Garick drove me places in the shuttle; Edna kept my room very clean; and Joanne did a great job with the morning buffet breakfast. In addition, the pool was great and there was plenty of places nearby to shop if needed. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael R
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
What a nice review you wrote. Thank you so much. I especially want to thank you for mentioning Jessica, Garrick, Edna and Joanne. I will be sure they see this review. We really do have a wonderful, caring staff and I couldn't be prouder to work with them. I hope you'll come back to see us again soon.
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel was a random, last minute selection for me. As it turned out, I could not have made a better choice due to the engaging and delightful Assistant General Manager, Greg. From the moment I arrived, he was generous and helpful - going out of his way to accommodate my every request. His welcoming and genial manner made me feel like I was a special guest. Moreover, the entire staff - from airport shuttle and tech support to housekeeping was efficient and friendly. My room was lovely, large, spotless and comfortable - breakfast was perfect - great coffee The particular attention to customer service elevates this hotel above others including many with five star ratings. My stay was brief but it felt like I was leaving old friends. Thank you to Greg and his wonderful staff!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oh my!!! What a glowing review you wrote about our Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. Thank you so very much. I will be sure that Greg and the entire staff see this review. It will be posted where they can all see it. Our cleanliness and our great customer services are what make our hotel stand out from the rest and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please tell your family and friends about us. I hope to meet you the next time you come to stay with us.
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Family Trip .We arrived early but was given a room after only ten minutes. Hotel was close to transportation. Several restaurants within walking distance. Our room was very clean and included a fold out bed, breakfast was really nice, We appreciated the wide variety of foods to choose from. Our stay was a pleasant one, from front desk to housekeeping, everyone we met was warm and very caring.

Room Tip: We choose a room facing the street ,as we were visiting from another state, we were able to time the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
What a nice review. Thank you so much. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for mentioning our great location, our breakfast, our convenient location and especially our warm and friendly staff. Please tell your friends and family about us.