“No issues if shuttle runs”

Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
“No issues if shuttle runs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I picked wrong hotel on trip to Fl. Paid $50 for cab to hotel from airport, and $60 for shuttle to port. Trip back I used this hotel to avoid those expenses. Called for shuttle after long flight from Spain and gave my name to desk clerk. Waited 45 minutes for shuttle which never showed. Paid for another cab. Got to hotel and shuttle was sitting out front. Very frustrating after 22 hours of travel. Got to bed about midnight and needed 5 AM wakeup for morning flight. Too early for hotel breakfast so missed that. Can't say that the value on this stay was worth it, however, other conditions were decent and gal at front desk was helpful. I would stay here again if the shuttle thing could be resolved.

1 Thank Bob L
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for this. I am very sorry about your shuttle experience. Can you please e-mail me your last name and the date and approximate time of your arrival so I can speak to the staff member that was working at that time. This should not have happened and I apologize and want to do all possible to make sure it doesn’t happen to another guest. We do offer a “grab ‘n go” bag for early departures. It’s not a lot of food but it does take the “edge” off early in the morning. Please do come back to stay with us again.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I think it is always a challenge when a group descends upon a hotel. Well this place met the challenge and more!!!

What a great place to do your one night before a cruise. The wine store is just a couple blocks away and Ernie's BBQ is right across the street.

It was a great way to begin our cruise vacation!

Let me say that if you are a group... please call Ellen... she is the best... she met me at the door when I arrived and we gave each other big hugs.... she is just like that. I am most thankful for all her help and assistance in setting things up for us.

We were all very comfortable here .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank PriestOmaha
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you, Ernesto, for writing this review. You were such a delight to work with and everyone in your group was so warm and friendly. We loved having you here. Thank you so much for the nice compliment. I hope your cruise was fabulous and I would love to hear about it – call me if you have time. Please come back again.
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Was fortunate to stay at the comfort suites while waiting to take a cruise ship. In the time I found I needed to send most of my belongings home.....on a Sunday, out of my element, I went to the front desk. Frazzled was my mood. Then I found Hugh. Busy taking reservations I asked about if they could ship something for me after I walked to the post office to get a huge box. Then in was reminded it was Sunday. My ship left Monday........geez.

Entered in Comeal.

This woman looked at my situation with care and love as she emptied a HUGE BOX and asked "will this one work?" I was watching a GOD IN WORK.

She proceeded to give me peace of mind telling me "IT WILL BE HANDLED"

I left my box, Visa, and my concerns with Tito (the next angel of mercy) tending the front desk that morning.

I have arrived home to find It was hand delivered by COMEAL BENNETT personally and find out she paid the unexpected charges and hand delivered to the post office personally. Above and beyond she took my worries and handled it with grace and smiles. All of the personal .....down to the housekeeping ladies with their style and beauty.

I WOULDNT HESITATE FOR ONE MINUETE TO STAY HERE IF EVER GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY......WONDERFUL PEOPLE. WONDERFUL HOME AWAY FROM HOME.

COMEAL YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!

THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING SUCH GOOD CARE OF ME XO
SINCERELY,
Karen E. McMillan
Gig Harbor Washington

Room Tip: Just tell them your needs, they got your back!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen M
Thank you, Karen for taking the time to write such an amazing review. Comeal is our General Manager and Hugh and Tito work at our Front Desk. I will be sure they all see this. Actually, I drove Comeal to the Post Office so even I was involved. But you are right – we do have a wonderful, caring staff and making our guests happy is our number one priority. In your case, I’m so glad we succeeded. Please come back to see us again.
Pacific City, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I will get the one negative out of the way first. Our only complaint was that we waited at the airport for the hotel shuttle for more than 45 minutes. I called 2 times during the wait and kept getting told it was on it's way. There's no way that could have been true, because the distance from hotel to airport is only a few miles! I don't know what the problem was, but when the driver got there, we were very upset. The driver was actually very nice and concerned that we had to wait so long. He said there was actually no reason we had to wait so long, so there must have been bad communication from the person answer the phone for the shuttle. We heard him counsel the new front desk person who actually seemed a bit overwhelmed. Cruise guest check-in/check-out days must be very hectic for the staff.

Once we got to the hotel, things went smoothly. There's a sign-up sheet for the port shuttle that is offered by an outside service. You pay for the port shuttle when boarding.

Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was the typical Comfort Inn breakfast fare and there is plenty of choice to get your morning started.

We would definitely consider staying here again if we book another cruise leaving Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Coastlvr
I appreciate that you took the time to write this review. Thank you for the compliments about our rooms , our hotel service and breakfast. Regarding the shuttle from the Airport, I would appreciate it if you can give me your name, date and time of arrival so that we can follow-up and make sure it doesn’t happen again. Send it to ellen@comfortfll.com please. I do hope we’ll see you here again.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Greg, the front desk manager was a great asset.
Helped in every way! Room was clean, easy in and out.
Will stay again, very soon
Located close to resturants and airport. Quick check in, and very polite.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gregg D
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your nice review. I’ll be sure Greg and his supervisor see it. I’m so glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room, the great location and service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at the Comfort suites hotel for a special occasion check in was smooth and pleasant Shenish at the front desk was very helpful and sweet. Anything you asked she did her bested to accommodate you. The room was nice and clean the area was not to far from the beach about a 10 min drive. I would diffidently go back..

2 Thank KINGJAMESCalifornia
Thank your for writing this nice review and for complimenting Shenise. I’ll be sure she and her supervisor see this. Thanks also for mentioning our nice clean rooms and great location. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Morgan Hill, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was a good choice for being close to the Port. Unfortunately, our flight was late and we didn't get to check in until about 1:30 am. Our cruise wasn't until later in the afternoon that day, and the receptionist at the check in desk was very nice and extremely helpful and voluntarily gave us a late check out and also allowed us to choose a time which suited us. So we were able sleep in late and make it for their free breakfast before it closed. The breakfast was good and there was plenty of hot and cold items to choose from.

Room Tip: We had no complaints.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Alan D
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for writing this nice review. I’m so glad our staff was able to give you a late checkout so that you could get some well-needed rest and still enjoy our great breakfast. I am pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and hope you’ll come back when you can spend a little more time in our lovely city of Fort Lauderdale.