Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #53 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I picked this hotel because I have stay in other Comfort Suites and they was awesome so I didn't think that we could find a bad one,boy was I wrong we got there and I had called to get connecting room and they said not a problem but there was a problem when I got there and they couldn't get us a connecting room and they put us so far apart from each other that we had to say in one room to visit and then they had go back down to their room and then there is free WIFI which was a joke because it woiuld never let us log in and when I called downstairs they said that they would get a tech to call us and that never happened and then when I go thome and called about they keep telling I need to call this person after the 4th call I just stop calling and decided if I ever come back to Ft Laurderdaoe that I would NEVER stay here again. It was such a disappointment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dukie43
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I am sorry that you didn’t get your connecting rooms. We try our very best to accommodate special requests but sometimes it just isn’t possible. In the month of May, we completely redid our Internet system and I’m happy to say that our guests no longer have problems connecting to the system. I hope you’ll come back and give us another chance. I welcome you to contact me personally – ellen@comfortfll.com - to make your reservation.

There are newer reviews for Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My stay was between 6/29/14 thru 7/5/14. We were there for a National TaeKwondo Tournament, which his hotel was on the discount list for the tournament. Check in was easy but that was the best part of the week. The breakfast was so so and never enough room for everyone to eat or move around. The room was okay the window did not close all the way. We waited almost all week to get pillows for the pull out bed. Thank goodness my husband brings his own pillows and we had some to spare. We had NO HOT WATER for 3 days out of 7. The elevator was not working 2 times and we were on the 7th floor. Every time we voiced our concerns they were not addressed. I did get $50.00 off my bill but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I understand things happen but I mean really. The pool was small for the amount of guests it holds. The parking lot was small with a whole bunch of hotel vans that were not in use taking up spots. My car was hit in the lot by who I don't know because the spots were so small.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly D

You were here at a time when the hotel was sold out with Taekwondo attendees and most of the rooms had 3 – 4 people in them. It was a very busy time. We did have issues with the boiler and the elevator but both were fixed as quickly as possible. I’m sorry you were inconvenienced but I hope you understand that these issues are out of our control and all we can do is see that they are addressed right away. As you can see from the many reviews here on TripAdvisor, guest satisfaction is a priority for us and we do all we can to make sure our guests enjoy their stay. I hope you’ll give us another chance and I welcome you to contact me – ellen@comfortfll.com.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed both before and after our cruise at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. Nice, clean hotel in great location from airport and cruise port. Had free wifi (although very slow at times), free breakfast and free airport shuttle. We paid $6 pp for shuttle to the cruiseport. After the cruise, we took a taxi back to hotel ($12). Since it was early morning, we put our luggage in a secure room, and went sightseeing on the Sun Trolley ($3 for all day pass). Greg, the desk clerk, was very helpful! He suggested we eat across the street at Ernie's BBQ. We did and it was great! Huge portions and reasonably priced! Taco Bell is directly across the street, with CVS Pharmacy next door. Just a short walk away is other restaurants and shopping, including Dollar Tree, for those last minute cruise items. We will stay here again for our next cruise!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor (7th) and it was very quiet and had a good view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Deb P
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

I’m so glad that you enjoyed our hotel both times that you stayed here. We really do have a great location with lots of restaurant choices and convenient shopping. Please tell your friends and family about us and come back soon. Thank you for writing this review.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel was great. The rooms were reasonable. The service was excellent. We were there for a funeral and the staff did everything they could to make sure all of our needs (and those of all of our families were met.) Greg was there when we booked in and when we checked out. He also made sure we got to the airport in time. Comeal was very helpful as well. We will definitely stay there again...............hopefully soon to go on a cruise. I'm sure we will be in good hands. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who asks. I hope Greg and Comeal for our next stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for such a nice review. I’m so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and that Greg and Comeal were able to make your stay a comfortable one and we look forward to welcoming you when you come back to go on a cruise.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very good hotel, large rooms, clean, price is very good. Breakfast is just OK. Note that you can use the hotel free shuttle from the Airport, and also, if you are going to a cruise, the hotel offers shuttle to the port for $6 per person, as for July 2014 (a very good price, although it is free in some other hotels).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tomer Z
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for this nice review. Yes, we do provide complimentary Airport shuttle. We also offer shuttle to Port Everglades for $6 per person. I hope you’ll recommend us to your friends and family.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I enjoy my stay so very much and the housekepers were so nice and polite, they give me the best service, my room was clean and smeal so good, I recomended this property. they have a lot of restaurants no to far from the hotel, shoping areas , farmacy right next door, close to the airport and cruise port, i use the fitness room and i enjoy my exercise time .
so if you want to come to take a cruise or stay in this hotel i definaly recomended .

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Samuel M

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for complimenting our housekeeping staff for doing such a great job. You’re right about our location – everything is so close to the hotel. Thank you so much for writing this nice review. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port was a very nice accommodation. The staff was very friendly and professional, especially Greg who handled the booking process and was there again at check-out. I work for an airline and we have our normal go-to hotels but on this particular night all our normal hotels were fully booked. Greg came to the rescue. The rooms are very clean and spacious and a free hot breakfast is served every morning in the common area near the lobby. Two reasons I did not give this property the highest rating possible. For one, the courtesy shuttle only runs from 5AM to Midnight and will not accommodate any late arriving guests. In my case my flight was delayed and arrived about 12:30AM. The hotel could not help at all with transportation from the airport. The shuttle will also make runs to the airport from the hotel at the top of every hour and will not accommodate special requests for any time in between. Secondly, the area around the hotel is a little sketchy. I felt safe staying inside the hotel but would not feel safe walking around the area especially if it was dark out. All-in-all it was a good stay. I was only there twelve hours and was left with an overall good impression. Ultimately it was the kindness of the staff that won me over. Thanks Greg.

Room Tip: They have standard rooms and suites. Ask if it is at all possible to get a suite without additional...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank James B
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your compliments on our staff – especially Greg – and on our rooms and breakfast. I’m sorry you missed our shuttle upon arrival but our driver goes home at midnight and there just is nobody else to drive the van. We do advertise that the shuttle stops at midnight. We also provide complimentary shuttle to the airport, the hospital, the convention center and several local maritime schools. That shuttle does leave on the hour and we have a sign-up sheet at the front desk. This area is very safe with lots of restaurants close by – we even have a 24-hour CVS Pharmacy right next door. Please come back again.