Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Great!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great hotel..very close to cruise port and airport... Staff were very friendly and helpful. Front desk staff were great, let us check in early, pool was very clean, breakfast was very tasty, room was very clean and spacious. Would stay there again and recommend to friends or family visiting the area

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lolamolloy
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for this very nice review. We appreciate your mentioning our convenient location, our great staff, clean pool, delicious breakfast and the cleanliness of our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here with my family for 2 days before we went on a cruise, we choose this hotel because it was close to the cruise port as well as its review on tripadvisor. We were picked up by the shuttle from the airport which was promptly, the driver was very pleasant and he also inform us of the area and where we could go for dinner.Our room was a spacious suite, it was very clean and I love most the amount of outlets it has inside since everyone in my family wanted to charge their electronics. The entire staff was friendly, we love the breakfast even the area was to small for the amount of people. We spend alot of time by the pool which was very clean and staff keep checking to make sure we have clean towels and pool was okay. We pay $6 per person for shuttle to cruise ship which was not bad, it was on time and driver again was friendly. We would definitely stay here again when we cruise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gloria S
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for complimenting our staff – especially our drivers – and for your comments about our clean, spacious suite with all of the outlets for everybody’s electronics. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you visit Fort Lauderdale.
missouri
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I picked this hotel because I have stay in other Comfort Suites and they was awesome so I didn't think that we could find a bad one,boy was I wrong we got there and I had called to get connecting room and they said not a problem but there was a problem when I got there and they couldn't get us a connecting room and they put us so far apart from each other that we had to say in one room to visit and then they had go back down to their room and then there is free WIFI which was a joke because it woiuld never let us log in and when I called downstairs they said that they would get a tech to call us and that never happened and then when I go thome and called about they keep telling I need to call this person after the 4th call I just stop calling and decided if I ever come back to Ft Laurderdaoe that I would NEVER stay here again. It was such a disappointment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dukie43
I am sorry that you didn’t get your connecting rooms. We try our very best to accommodate special requests but sometimes it just isn’t possible. In the month of May, we completely redid our Internet system and I’m happy to say that our guests no longer have problems connecting to the system. I hope you’ll come back and give us another chance. I welcome you to contact me personally – ellen@comfortfll.com - to make your reservation.
York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My stay was between 6/29/14 thru 7/5/14. We were there for a National TaeKwondo Tournament, which his hotel was on the discount list for the tournament. Check in was easy but that was the best part of the week. The breakfast was so so and never enough room for everyone to eat or move around. The room was okay the window did not close all the way. We waited almost all week to get pillows for the pull out bed. Thank goodness my husband brings his own pillows and we had some to spare. We had NO HOT WATER for 3 days out of 7. The elevator was not working 2 times and we were on the 7th floor. Every time we voiced our concerns they were not addressed. I did get $50.00 off my bill but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I understand things happen but I mean really. The pool was small for the amount of guests it holds. The parking lot was small with a whole bunch of hotel vans that were not in use taking up spots. My car was hit in the lot by who I don't know because the spots were so small.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly D
You were here at a time when the hotel was sold out with Taekwondo attendees and most of the rooms had 3 – 4 people in them. It was a very busy time. We did have issues with the boiler and the elevator but both were fixed as quickly as possible. I’m sorry you were inconvenienced but I hope you understand that these issues are out of our control and all we can do is see that they are addressed right away. As you can see from the many reviews here on TripAdvisor, guest satisfaction is a priority for us and we do all we can to make sure our guests enjoy their stay. I hope you’ll give us another chance and I welcome you to contact me – ellen@comfortfll.com.
Effingham, Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed both before and after our cruise at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. Nice, clean hotel in great location from airport and cruise port. Had free wifi (although very slow at times), free breakfast and free airport shuttle. We paid $6 pp for shuttle to the cruiseport. After the cruise, we took a taxi back to hotel ($12). Since it was early morning, we put our luggage in a secure room, and went sightseeing on the Sun Trolley ($3 for all day pass). Greg, the desk clerk, was very helpful! He suggested we eat across the street at Ernie's BBQ. We did and it was great! Huge portions and reasonably priced! Taco Bell is directly across the street, with CVS Pharmacy next door. Just a short walk away is other restaurants and shopping, including Dollar Tree, for those last minute cruise items. We will stay here again for our next cruise!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor (7th) and it was very quiet and had a good view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Deb P
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I’m so glad that you enjoyed our hotel both times that you stayed here. We really do have a great location with lots of restaurant choices and convenient shopping. Please tell your friends and family about us and come back soon. Thank you for writing this review.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel was great. The rooms were reasonable. The service was excellent. We were there for a funeral and the staff did everything they could to make sure all of our needs (and those of all of our families were met.) Greg was there when we booked in and when we checked out. He also made sure we got to the airport in time. Comeal was very helpful as well. We will definitely stay there again...............hopefully soon to go on a cruise. I'm sure we will be in good hands. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who asks. I hope Greg and Comeal for our next stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for such a nice review. I’m so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and that Greg and Comeal were able to make your stay a comfortable one and we look forward to welcoming you when you come back to go on a cruise.
Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very good hotel, large rooms, clean, price is very good. Breakfast is just OK. Note that you can use the hotel free shuttle from the Airport, and also, if you are going to a cruise, the hotel offers shuttle to the port for $6 per person, as for July 2014 (a very good price, although it is free in some other hotels).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tomer Z
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for this nice review. Yes, we do provide complimentary Airport shuttle. We also offer shuttle to Port Everglades for $6 per person. I hope you’ll recommend us to your friends and family.