“Good hotel...staff not responsive”

Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale East
Ranked #46 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Stayed for trip to conference...

Average room condition compare to brand Marriott.
The front desk staff had put some hold charge on my travelcard. The same never returned on bill settlement.

Repeated phone call, email followup and no response. Don't care who you are after check out.

Room Tip: be careful with charges and settle everything before you leave.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
CourtyardFTLEast, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear Jrd123,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. I sincerely apologize if there was a discrepancy on your statement. We would, of course, address the issue immediately when brought to our attention. I am very sorry we had a communication failure and would like to resolve this matter at once. I invite you to contact me directly at cy.fllcy.gm@marriott.com and I will personally ensure a correct settlement.
We truly value our guests and do everything we can to make them feel welcomed and ensure their satisfaction before, during and after their stay.
Warmest regards,

Rob Lewis

Reviewed 20 November 2011

The hotel always smells fresh and clean. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is always nice. The hotel is located close to were we needed to go.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor facing the pool which was nice. Not noisy either.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2011

My family and I were in town a couple weeks ago for the local boat show. The staff was very helpful and genuinely cared about how our stay was going. The lady at the front desk from newfoundland and christine were superb.They had great recommendations for dinner (a nice casual place right on the beach with live music) and places to go for the kids. This hotel is located a bit farther away from the action than I wanted. If your not renting a car while in the area , I'd pick a different hotel. When we filled up the bath tub the water was a bit yellow and front desk said "That's how the water is in Florida," which I seriously doubt. Upon checkout I had some problems with my billl. They over charge me for breakfast and I had a couple movie charges which i did not order. Christine was very professional and understanding and took care of the situation right away for us. She also threw in a free breakfast for the inconvenience which was very thoughful and appreciative. Besides thouse couple problems that i incounter this hotel is great. The everyone on the staff always had a smile on their face and made the stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room ending in 01, 03, or 05. Those are the rooms with the best pool views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I presented a seminar this last weekend. The staff were exceptionally nice and went out of their way to see my needs were met. The meeting room and sleeping room were in excelent condition. Will definitely use their facilities again.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times, Great Location, great bang for the buck. However, , although they have new beds, they changed the laundry. Sheets were rough and sandpaper like, really did not enjoy thins change. If they go back to the soft and comfortable sheets it is definitely the place to sta if Ft. Lauderdale.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

Stayed here earlier this week for two nights. Hotel has started to modernize rooms and I had one of them. Very nice. Beds were new 2 months ago. Pillows nice. Breakfast in morning is very good with an omelet/egg bar for eggs any way you want them. Front desk was friendly. Good value for the business traveler for sure. I paid half of what others were paying at discounted rates at the W.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel during the Ft Lauderdale boat show. It was about 6 miles away from the show but well worth the travel for the good price and great service. Our room was clean and fresh, the breakfast we had at the hotel was very good and the diner we had at the Sea Watch restaurant (just a few miles away on the ocean) was GREAT. we would recommend both to anyone traveling to Ft Lauderdale.

• Stayed: October 2011