“Good location for Hospital/Beach”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East
Ranked #46 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New Jersey
“Good location for Hospital/Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights due to hospital visiting. Location is right across the street. Easy in and out and clean. A few blocks to beach as well. Hotel is under contruction but with the exception of the lobby it was not inconvenient. Up to Courtyard standards, would return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Flantastic-Four

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed in a renovated room & the bed was one of the most comfortable ones we've ever had! The bathroom was great as well with a fantastic walk-in shower & tremendous water pressure. We were very pleasantly surprized as we have stayed at other hotels in Fort Lauderdale for approximately the same rate which in no way compared to this hotel.

Unfortunately, we were only there for one night before leaving on our cruise but we shall certainly be returning next time we're in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katem1099_49
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Very good service but it's an older courtyard and it has 2 floors only renovated so make sure you request one of them or else you will be stuck with a much older room!!! During my stay there they were having some renovation on the lobby area so they made up for that with a free continental breakfast for all the guests which was a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lebdude
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a practical location, being on the US-1 road at Lauderdale by the Sea, rather than coast facing or with great views. This is reflected in price. The area seemed fine to me and very safe to be in, though you need to really drive or taxi to restaurants on a night. Its a 20 minute drive ($25 taxi ride) to Fort Lauderdale Downtown, or 2 minutes to other restaurant options.

The hotel itself seemed slightly old, but was undergoing renovation when I was there to put in a new Starbucks Bistro. Consequently, breakfast for us was free, which was a great touch. Rooms had everything needed with again great & easy free wifi and full size TV.

The area closeby has lots to do with 20 mins drives to the coast or shopping, 30 mins to Everglades Holiday Park for airboat tours, and even a very manageable 60 minutes to drive to South Beach in Miami.

Highlight for me was the staff & after service. I left some items in the safe on leaving. The staff took time to help, search out & find them, and to fedex them on to a forward hotel for me. All done very quickly. They could easily have not done this & said the items were lost. Very impressive.

Overall a good practical base for Lauderdale if you are happy not to have Ocean views and want a more budget option than South Beach. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank StuartSussex
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Upon my arrival I thought I made a mistake. was not impressed with area, part residential, part commercial. But the employees made me feel very at ease. The lady who checked us in was unbelievably helpful and nice. She went above and beyond what most people do. Gave us a ground floor room, facing the pool. This was great, able to walk right out and jump in. Rooms were very spacious , with comfortable beds. My only recommondation would be having microwave in room. Water pressure in shower was fantastic. Have not found that, at hotels I have stayed. overall I think I made the right choice.

Room Tip: Ground floor , pool side would be my choice again
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank christopher209
Tortola
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale East is perfect if you want easy access to Holy Cross Hospital or have business in the North Fort Lauderdale/Pompano Beach area. The reception area is being renovated - a fact that we were made aware of when we booked and a temporary reception area was set up in the breakfast room next to the pool. The rooms were large and clean, the beds comfortable, the WIFI connection excellent through ibahn, and the price was very reasonable when compared to other similar properties. The hotel runs a shuttle bus to Holy Cross.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

I should have compared before I booked through Expedia. I know. Yet I have a difficult time not putting most of the blame on Expedia. How can they justify charging me more than $100 more for a three-night stay than if I had booked directly through the hotel. Plus, I failed to get any Marriott Reward points by booking with Expedia. My advice: Never use Expedia. It's a giant rip-off. Book directly through the hotel. They will always meet any advertised rate on Expedia. Now, as far as the hotel goes, it was under rennovation during our stay. The first night we had a room with a musty smell, old carpeting and a lot of noise in the hallway at 1 a.m. Next morning I complained and received a newly remodeled room on the fourth floor. Overall, it was very nice. However, none of the rooms with balconies seemed to have chairs to sit on. Plus the breakfast was very plain. My wife and I ended up eating breakfast at a nearby restaurant. We would probably return if we could be guaranteed a remodeled room at the rate quoted by the hotel. I will never again use Expedia!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family