“We felt very well and free! The black cook was a bit unfriendly and unpleasant. Because of this he got no tip!”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East
Ranked #47 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 7 December 2010

It would be very nice sometimes to change and to add the breakfast. For example the fruits and bagels and plain yoghurt and so on.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elefant68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Pros: Great room in general. Free Parking and wi-fi connection.

Cons: A little far from Fort Laudardale Downtown.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Chosen as a one night stopover en route to Orlando as our flight arrived late afternoon, value for money $69 USD room rate including breakfast and wi-fi using Mariott Rewards membeship via hotel website, and approximately 1 hour drive from Miami International Airport. Spacious and presentable double double bed layout accomodation, balcony, fridge with coffee and tea making facility, bathroom a bit plain but adequate having bath with shower over. Hotel also has a small outdoor pool and free parking. Several restaurants nearby, with Denny's right across the road. Breakfast superb, with omelettes cooked to order, fresh fruit and choice of muffins and toasts with attentative staff. Coffee to go also available free.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TokyoJoe
SpecialTT, Director of Sales at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear Tokyo Joe,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and for your kind compliments regarding our accommodations, prices and amenities. I hope to welcome you back for another delicious breakfast in our Courtyard Cafe during your next trip to the Fort Lauderdale area. If I can ever be of any assistance with future accommodations please contact me.

Brea Strager
Director of Sales and Marketing
(954) 771.8100 ext. 625
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2010

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot for one night before our cruise and one night after our cruise. It wasn't too far from the cruise port and about a 10 or 15 minute walk from the beach. There was not a lot of food choice near the hotel except for a Denny's. Breakfast at the hotel was really good and the rooms were clean and big and perfectly nice. There was free wi-fi as well which was a plus. The pool was pretty average though.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle444
SpecialTT, Director of Sales at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East, responded to this review, 1 November 2010
Dear Michelle444,

I am so pleased that you and your travel companion enjoyed your pre and post cruise stay at our hotel. I was delighted to hear that you complimented our all-you-can-eat Breakfast Buffet, spacious rooms and complimentary Wi-Fi. If there is any way we can make your next stay more enjoyable, (perhaps recommendations to our favorite nearby restaurants within a 1 mile radius) please do contact me. On behalf of the entire team, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Fort Lauderdale area soon. Don’t forget that Oasis of The Sea and The Allure both depart from Port Everglades Cruise Port this winter!
Brownsville, Vermont
Reviewed 14 August 2010

My mother and I checked into this hotel the night before her spinal surgery at Holy Cross hospital around the corner. They have special rates for hospital patients/family. Check in was great and everything was going well!
Hotel is clean. Breakfast bar is decent (I didn't rush down the 2nd morning, but it wasn't bad). Pool and hottub are clean, as well as the small gym area.
All was great until my 3rd night. After 2 very long days at the hospital, I came back to the hotel to have some dinner and relax. I watched some TV and then decided to get ready for bed, as I was exhausted.
I went to the washroom, took out my contacts and placed them in the "basket" type holder
that comes with the Clear Care cleaning solution that I use. The solution and holder MUST be used together and must NOT get into eyes.
WELL..... the 2nd part of the case that holds the solution was missing. I looked all over the bathroom, behind the toilet etc and found it was GONE! No biggie you say.... WELL.... it takes 6 hours to cycle through to clean. I didn't have another case, front desk doesn't have anything, apparantly there are no local pharmacies that deliver (front desk clerk said she would call around, don't think THAT happened) She was there alone and obviously couldn't leave the property. I cannot drive without my contacts in (especially in a city I'm unfamiliar with) and I had already rinsed lenses in solution so they cannot go in my eyes.... SO.... now I'm stuck here.
Hotel manager doesn't arrive until 8AM... so even IF the manager is able to get me a replacement right away... I can't do anything until AT LEAST a little past 2PM (remember, 6 hours to clean!)
I'm sure my mother is going to be thrilled with this news as she was told that she was being released to go home TOMORROW! I am the driver.... she had spinal surgery!
Really wish I could recommend this hotel..... but there's simply no way!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrea P
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Travel to FL often and typically stay at the beach at the nicer resorts and hotels. This trip was short and on a budget so I chose a travelocity package. This hotel is clean and was updated in the past few years. Free wireless internet worked great, big balcony, cold AC, comfortable bed. Double vanity sink, granite counters, compact bath with original tile that was dated but clean and well maintained. No flat panel tv but no big deal. The front desk was accomodating when I requested a room with higher floor. 4th floor room overlooking the pool and toward the beach skyline was quiet with the sliding door closed even though it is at a major intersection. They have free computers to use in lobby with printers and made a few copies for me for free without hesitation. They have a good breakfast buffet for $10 every morning that was convenient with fresh made to order omelets etc. Nice pool area although not too quiet because of the traffic. Free parking too. Pretty good location just a couple of minutes to the beach and 10 mins to Wilton, 15 to Las Olas. Good location if you need to be north FL and overall very good experience especially for the price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Captexguy
aejii
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Recently stayed here for a long weekend while visiting a friend in the area. This was my first time in Fort Lauderdale, having been to Miami many times over the past 10 years. The hotel was clean, very convenient drive to the beach, and the pool was not bad and better than I expected. The flat screen LCD television and free WiFi was a nice bonus. We had two double beds and the rate was extremely reasonable. I would recommend for families, friends, and anyone else looking for a place when visiting locals, or a place close to, but not right on the beach. I believe we walked to the beach in about 20 minutes which was nice.

I would request a pool side room if available. I believe there are only four.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends