“Clean room and great staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
Ranked #98 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 31 March 2014

They were very busy upon arrival. The staff was professional and very nice to work with. The rooms are large and clean. The continental breakfast is good, nothing flashy all the basics. If people arrive late the corridor can be a little noisy. Overall a nice stay, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Rooms nice enough. Had room on 1st floor by pool. Breakfast waffles and cereal. No other hot entree. Walls pretty thin. Had problems with TV noise from other room. Pet friendly big PLUS! Surrounding area not too bad, McD's right next door. Friendly staff!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My family and I stayed for a sporting event, we had rooms blocked out for the entire team. Upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk and we're informed by the clerk we had a room on the forth floor as we got off the elevator a horrific smell hit us this was a smoking floor and the stench was just awful the room was even worse, apparently they tried to cover up the smoking floor with some sort of spray but there is no way to cover that up. We immediatly went down to the desk and I asked if we could be moved to a non smoking room I was told with an attitude nope we have none left, I explained to the woman at the desk that's impossible we had these rooms blocked out she never said a word and gave me a new key card...hospitality at the front desk a complete failure she seemed annoyed that she had to do her job! The shady characters of women in and out of the hotel seemed a bid weird is prostitution legal in La Quintas? My son sure got a eye full of some pretty shady people all cracked out. The cleanliness of this hotel is unexceptable the elevator is gross the floors are dirty as well as the carpets....well don't wear white socks on them you will be sure to get grossed out immediatly. The bathroom sink overflows and the pillows are flat as a pancake. The trash at the entrance doors are in mounds and the smell of that in the hot sun is enough to make you vomit. The garbage at the elevators is overflowing and the staff is just walking around. I will never stay here nor recommend any La Quinta to anyone. Stay at your own risk also housekeeping does not refresh your coffee maker and couldn't find the remote when they got finished....this place needs an enema!!! I have also taken pictures of all of the above and also the man in the parking lot that apparently is allowed to use the LaQuinta parking lot as a garage as he was sanding his truck. I felt like I was in the twilight zone here. Save your money and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 876pamelak
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the La Quinta. I came in on Mar 22 with my very stressed out cat and was able to check in a little bit early to keep him happy. My cat quickly settled in and had no problems. They do not charge extra for pets like other chains do.

The breakfast was good included the waffles, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and many other items. The beds are very comfortable, a good quality tv, and a very clean room. Within walking distance is a Mc Donalds, Wendy's, Arby's and a Chili's. When I come back to the Fort Lauderdale area I will probably stay at this location again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived mid week at around 11 o'clock as we were checking in the price of the hotel had climb 20 bucks from what I was quoted . We asked the check the rooms out before we would make any decisions. it changed within 20 minutes of our decision . When we did decide to stay here as the lady was checking us in it also went up another $20. This is extremely sad and very price gouging. The hotel I would consider is in fair shape. Its Run kind of like a prison with guards roaming the parking lot and the hallways. On check in I was told that all the rooms that were left we're smoking rooms. I didn't think these hotels existed anymore. They did find me a handicap room that was non smoking. I parked my vehicle in the front of the building in a handicap spot because of my handicap status at about 12 midnight I got a call from the front desk telling me to move my vehicle because they did not see my handicap placard hanging from my mirror. I told them to look at my license plate. After trying to wind down from my long trip within another 10 minutes somebody was pounding on my door I looked through the peep hole and found it was one of the security guards. He informed me that my TV was too loud. I turn the TV off and decide to go to bed. The AC in the room didn't work properly. The TV was telling me that all my channels were unavailable. After waking up I went to get breakfast and that place was almost empty on everything. The breakfast was a joke. Waffles were the only thing that they had that you can make hot. Everything else was just your basic serials, bagels, and muffins. If you're diabetic forget it. There was no diabetic friendly anything here. This hotel was easily 50 bucks too much. I guess if you're stuck in a jam it would be the only way that you would want to stay in this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Everything was wonderful. Once again Beatrice and the staff was great. Made my stay enjoyable. I hope to see more employees at La Quinta like Beatrice. Wonderful job to the staff. I left to go shopping and when I came back my bed was made and fresh towels in the room. That's an example of wonderful service

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo