“FLOODED lot when raining & better breakfast bar”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
Ranked #92 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
miami, United States
“FLOODED lot when raining & better breakfast bar”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

you need much better drainage for rainy days!! it was just horrible when we arrived and the parking lot was flooded really, really bad. my daughter couldnt drive her small car thru that water and i really was afraid to drive my larger car thru that high flood of water. also need bacon, sausage and eggs added to breakfast bar. & NO CELL PHONE SVC IN THAT HOTEL! MISTAKE, NO I WOULD NOT stay here again! bec no phn svc!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My fiance and I spent two nights at this hotel. We were very satisfied. Price and location was perfect, everyone was very friendly, and of course breakfast was a big plus. Also, our little dog who came along with us enjoyed the stay :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our Association had a week of study and this hotel was designated as the host hotel. My reservation was for S1 double bed suite for July 21-25. Upon arrival on Mon July 21.2014 I was given a standard king room not the reserved suite. I went downstairs and told only a double smoking room was avail but would have requested suite Tuesday. I purchased items to mask smoke scent and endured the filthy room. Tues on break I came to change room then told no suites available so I proceeded to checkout. For the inconvenience, tax exempt not honored after I asked what was req at reservation, reserved room unavailable and not once was I accommodated or tried to make the customer satisfied. Fortunately right down the street Hampton Inn provided a very nice room, rate and excellent service so in the end God blessed us in spite of experiencing La Quinta Inn and Suites.

Sent from my iPhone

• Stayed July 2014
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I picked this la quinta over others near by because it was the cheapest prices and closer to where we were visiting. We like staying at la quintas because they are welcoming to pets. We travel with a 70lbs Labrador so its nice not having to pay an extra fee. When we first arrived we had a quick check in and the lady at the front desk was really nice. The room was on the smaller end of rooms we stayed in compared to other la quintas. The bathroom is tiny and you can barely maneuver to close the door and we were only given two towels. On top of that the door didnt even close all the way. But what really got us was when we got back to our room that night we found a girl piss drunk and dirty, as if she hadn't showered in a week, passed out in front of our room door. Needless to say there were a few questionable people we saw around the grounds. Next time we
will spend a few more dollars and drive a few minutes more to stay at a better la quinta to have a better peace of mind.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank chaigreen527
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I recently had a function in the area and they blocked off a few rooms for us. I shared with a friend and our room stunk of cigarette smoke. We had requested a non smoking room. We called the front desk who informed us it was a non smoking room and we would not be charged any fines for smoking in the room ( we called 5 mins after check in). They never offered to change our room. When we asked it was a full house - no where to move us. They never even offered to help us into another local hotel. That night we were talking to others at the function and they had the same problem as well as the smell of smoke in the hallway. All I can say is there are 5 other hotels with in a mile and they will have my reservation next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel met my location needs as it is very convenient to the Palm Aire development. Like most La Quintas, it was clean, quiet, pleasant and reasonably priced. The pool is clean and a very welcome refuge after a day caring for my elderly dad. It is close to several restaurants, walking distance, although the area is not very pedestrian friendly, lacking walkways and helpful traffic signals. But that is not the fault of the hotel, of course. There was an adequate breakfast each morning, with a waffle maker, limited fresh fruit, coffee, tea, and pastries. The staff were friendly and helpful, and parking is plentiful and convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor, not overlooking the pool.