“Okay for a Cruise Stopover” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port
Ranked #114 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Brownsburg, Indiana
“Okay for a Cruise Stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I had seen many reviews for this place and I admit that I was hesitant to stay even though I had already booked. Yes, they're renovating, but we had a very nice room. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was okay. You didn't get made-to-order omelets, but it was sufficient. There are no close restaurants but we enjoy driving around. The laundry mat was about a 15 minute walk but who doesn't need exercise? I really don't see the reason for all the negative stuff said about this place. As a general stopover to a cruise, it was very convenient for me and my family. They have great shuttle service to/from both the airport and the cruise port. I wasn't looking for luxury here, and I didn't get it; however, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen E
falgund, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your honest opinion and not letting their negitive comments rule what you do.
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and very pleased to hear that you would return to see us.
We will look forward to your next visit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Positives - room was clean and newly renovated. New carpet, counters, tv, beds. Beds were OK, a/c and amenities were fine.
Negatives - breakfast didn't start til 7:30 am. Kind of hard for those going to work or meetings - delibert to save money? Never seen one that started that late. I was told at check in that even though I had to leave early I could get coffee (they keep it in the lobby). The man at the frt desk the next morning was rude and wouldn't even unlock the door. Insisted that I wait til 7:30.
1st night was quiet. 2nd nite at 10:45 pm had cabs in pklot unloading and other cars leaning on horns since cabs were in the driving lane. At 4am the 2nd day teenagers were out in the pklot screaming and playing around - think they were leaving. This went on until they were yelled at by hotel guest. Downside of using an airport/cruise port hotel I guess!

Rooms were good,man on midnight shift needs coaching at very least. Breakfast was OK.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank VirginiaFJax
falgund, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
I am very sorry for the young man on the night shift I will take this issue for a chance to retrain all of my desk clerk.
Our guest come 1st in this hotel that is what I strive for.
Thank you for your feedback.
Izmir, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I've stayed here with my friend in May 2012.
It has a good location.
The room was good enough for resting.
Breakfast was so so.
Staff was ok, I haven't observed any point.
At all, good for resting for this price.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am not sure why this comment is dated May 2012 and it says its new?
Versailles, Ky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My mom and I stayed here one night before our cruise. The hotel is undergoing renovation, and seemed in need of a face lift. The front desk was friendly, and the place seemed busy with many guests waiting for the shuttle to the cruise port. We used the pool and found it clean. The room had some age on it, but was comfortable. When the renovation is complete, this will be a good location for departing cruise travelers. It is in the middle of down town, but not a far drive from the port at all. It was fine for a night before our departure.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kimrgraves
falgund, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for being so understanding, and we are trying to make a difference for our guest.
Everyone on this site just want to tear us down, they don't care how they can effect the people who work here when they come in and say things that they read on this site.
If people would read and understand that everyone has an opinion and that is just one persons opinion. We all should form our own opinions, not everything we read is true.
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This rates among the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. Office clerk was rude, demeaning and dishonest (off by approx. 3 hours as to when we could access our room - with no excuses or apologies). Property was dirty, pool unusable due to algae and mold, plumbing (toilet in one room, shower in another we changed to) would not drain, and lobby plus many rooms, were undergoing renovations, but in a way that prohibited any comfort of current guests. This did NOT live up to a standard which Quality Inn is supposed to maintain, and fell far short of anything acceptable.

Room Tip: Best advice - DON'T stay here!
1 Thank Art B
If you feel that this hotel should not be a Quality Inn you need to take it up with Choice corp they were the one that approved us to become a Quality Inn a process I might add took 2 to 3 mos.
This hotel is 40 years old it turned from a Days Inn to a Quality Inn
We are updating when we can, they new breakfast room will be complete by the May 2014
Aurora, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Used this hotel as jumping off point and place to leave our car for our first cruise. Rooms were will below par for this chain. However the worst part was the shuttle between the hotel and Everglades Cruise Port. The trip to the port was not on time and an absolute nightmare being jammed into a packed lobby and front entrance waiting for our turn to get to the ship. The worst part was on our return trip and waiting for the shuttle. We had been given a telephone number to call if the shuttle was not there within 20 min. It was not - we called numerous times and got a different story of why they were not there every time we called. In the end it was over 2.5 hours before we were picked up and returned to our car. March 2 and 9th

2 Thank Wayne319
During our season it can take up to 90 mins for the shuttle to get through the cruise port. When 50 hotels go to the port at the same time you have gride lock. Everyones ID is checked before you can even get in the port. If guest on the shuttle do not keep ID handy it slows the process.Then once in the port you have over 10 ship ports to stop and unload guest.
Then if shuttle needs to pick up guest at the port they have to go out after dropping off and come back in to pick up.
We don't like to make the guest wait but we don't make the rules at the cruise port.
It seems people forget they are not the only ones who have to wait during the cruise season from Dec to May we do the best we can.
Sorry that you felt that no one cared but we do.
Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel one night before leaving for a cruise. I was a little afraid of checking in after having read some of the previous reviews. In my mind, you get what you pay for and it is good value for money. The hotel is a bit run down but if you factor in the fact that they provide free shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise port as well as breakfast and free internet I would consider staying here again.
The area is not very appealing and there a very few choices around if you want something to eat.
Service of the hotel staff was ok during our stay and the breakfast room while small, provided me with what I needed to start my day.

1 Thank Ciina
Thank you for reserveing your own opinion and giving us a chance.