First, the good. It's close enough to the beach that you can walk across a busy street to be there. Great restaurants are within walking distance, as well. Coconuts, across the street, had a delicious lunch for our group. The hotel's breakfast buffet is tasty, but you pay $14.00 pp. We ate two meals besides breakfast; both the fish and the marinated flank steak were delicious at a catered dinner. The spinach salad at lunch was average. The hotel's customer contact staff is very friendly, courteous, and helpful.
The bad: Parking at the hotel was very expensive for a moderate hotel like Courtyard. Housekeeping was uneven, at best, and came very late in the day. Some days the supplies were replenished, but the next day, they were not. A dirty cup was left behind, toilet paper was not restocked, the coffee bar was partially replenished, and so forth. The air conditioning worked really well the first couple of days, but another day or two it had trouble cooling the room--even overnight. The mattress was a little soft and probably needs replacing: the duvet seemed to be rather tired and thin; but I always enjoy having five pillows on the bed--even if they are all too soft.
The worst of the trip was their internet service. Try as we might, both our computers could not send email from our work domains, probably due to firewalls since this was not an issue with Yahoo, Comcast, etc... We could receive email, thankfully, but we had to find a Panera Bread midway through our trip so that our outgoing email messages could be sent. When we inquired of some of the other guests, some were able to make it work, but others were not. The hotel connected us to their Global Suites help line, but those folks just told us we'd just have to set up a public IP address on our computers to make this work. We were unwilling to do that. Having been a corporate road warrior for more than a decade, I've never seen a worse hotel internet situation except in some international locations. We were supposed to have to log on every 24 hours, but it required a new log-in much more frequently than that. Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating if you need to do some work while there! I ended up emailing clients from my personal email address, in fact. I expect more and I expect better in 2012. At least, it was complimentary, but I would have paid to be able to work more efficiently.
Bottom line: I would stay here again, but I would lower my expectations. I certainly wouldn't plan on getting much work done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront with spectacular views! The Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach presents a popular choice for families, couples and business travelers to take in all of Ft. Lauderdale. Explore Las Olas Boulevard and an array of dining experiences, premiere shopping and entertainment venues day or night. Contemporary accommodations featuring scenic views of Ft. Lauderdale Beach and Intracoastal Waterways with ceiling to floor windows. The hotel features The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect, by day serving healthy breakfast options and your favorite Starbucks beverage. At night - have dinner in the Bistro or choose our pool deck lounge, the Seabreeze Poolside Bar, and order your favorite wine, beer or special cocktail with your meal. Stay connected with free Wi-Fi and the interactive GoBoard, providing the most updated news, weather and local information. Only minutes away from the Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale International Airport, 2 miles from the Port Everglades Cruise Port and nearby the Hard Rock Stadium, the Sawgrass Mills Shopping Outlets and the BB&T Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Courtyard
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott