“Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Rome, Italy
“Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale for a w-end (2 nights) in August 2013 with a couple of friends. The hotel location was great, right across the street from the beach and walking distance to many restaurants, cafè and nightlife. Our room was ok, was a corner room on high floor. The view from our room was absolutely amazing ! The lifts were terrible and during busy times …. High floor … impossible !! Breakfast buffet was included in our rate and it was good. Beach towels were included but they were very small. Beach umbrella and chairs were not included in hotel rate. We paied 70 USD for one umbrella and 4 chairs. Parking also was not included. I think it would be a good idea to create a package with breakfast, parking and beach umbrella. The hotel was as expected for what I paid and for a Courtyard style. Sorry if my english is not perfect but I am not english mother tongue.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank FedericaRoma_Italy
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed our location and views from our guest rooms. I do want to mention that we have packages that include breakfast and sometimes parking in select months that are a good value. Regarding beach furniture, the city contracts with a vendor who determines rates for rentals. Overall I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My rating is based on making plan's on a budget and when you have to cut something out due to lie's to bring in guest I don't agree with it. SO LOOK OUT..! Ask questions before you make plan's with a budget cuz they don't tell you parking is $ 29.00 for valet and self parking is $ 15.00 The Ritz in South Beach is $ 36.00 Bucks for the night and this is not the Ritz. On the phone they told me continental breakfast was included YEAH for an additional $15.95 per. person. If they would had been honest with me over the phone I probably would have waited another 2 weeks to save some more money to walk around and have a little more fun. And I'm from Miami so I like to get away close to where I live very often with my girl since I work so much. Everything else was great but I don't like to be misled or misinformed.

Room Tip: 805 B - This room is AWSOME.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Born2pour
I understand making plans and deciding how much to spend for a trip in advance. I am sincerely sorry that you were surprised by the valet parking cost. Parking is expensive on Fort Lauderdale Beach and we try to make sure that our guests are informed. The Marriott reservationist certainly should have informed you when making your reservation and it should have been printed on your confirmation. Also if your reservation included breakfast, we should have delivered. We love to have guests from Miami come up to Fort Lauderdale Beach for weekends and we want them to be satisfied so that they will return. Please contact me.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This Courtyard is in a great location about 3 blocks away from the bustling nightlife of Fort Lauderdale beach. It right across the street from the beach and has a great outdoor pool and bar. Inside a well equipped fitness center and restaurant. There are 5 public computers which is a nice plus, no lines no waiting. Our room was a mini suite with sliding doors to the TV room and pull out sofa. At $99 a great deal and we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for your review. Your comments are much appreciated. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit and would like to return to stay with us again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I am a 25 year old male. I recently stayed here with my wife for a little 3 day getaway. The hotel is a great place to go on a budget and be right on the beach. When you come out of the back of the hotel you just walk right across the street and you are on the beach. All of the hotels are like this and none of them sit directly on the beach. There are a bunch of restaurants that are close by. (within walking distance) All of the staff was very friendly. If you stay here you must do a few things.

1st. Ask for a room that is high up and is a corner room. These rooms have dual window views. Our room was port side room but we could still see the ocean and the port view is amazing as well.

2nd. Talk to the concierge. He will give you coupons for restaurants that are close by as well as give you any information you need on excursions. (We did the everglades tour and it was really cool)

3rd. If you want to have some drinks or beer that are cheaper go across the street and purchase it from the 7/11 and put it in your mini fridge.

The Hotel was not the nicest most glamorous hotel but the rooms were very nice and very clean. We chose to eat out at different places that were all close by for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I would consider staying here again if I ever came back.

Room Tip: Get a corner room on the highest floor. The port view is just as beautiful as the ocean. 7-11 is acr...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steven D
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
I appreciate your comments and good tips for travelers. We want to be considered a good value with a friendly staff and a great location for the beach and surrounding shops/restaurants. Our Concierge is an excellent benefit because of his knowledge and those special deals that he quite often has available. Thank you for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 October 2013

very good hotel great service and excellent rooms, The front desk was friendly helpful and the staff all over was the same... The rooms are very clean and quiet and the check in and checj out is excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy M
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review and excellent rating. I always share comments with my Team and they are eager to receive them. Thanks again and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Hotel location was excellent, right next to the beach. We stayed there one day before we went on a cruise. Hotel was very close to airport and cruise port. Only downside is there was no free shuttle service. Staffs were friendly and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeeDrag0n
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
We are fortunate to be located close to the airport, cruise port and right next to the beach. Thank you for your review and I hope that the next time you visit Fort Lauderdale Beach you have more time to enjoy all of the fun things to see and do surrounding our hotel. Thanks.
tobyhanna pa usa
Reviewed 6 October 2013

stayed in this hotel and had a ocean front room what a view, the staff was good it was a wonderful stay the beach was lovely wish I could just move in and not go back home. It was easy to walk to many things and you did not have a lot of teenagers which was good for me, young but mature people

Room Tip: the ocean front room is not that expensive and worth it
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rotuma2013
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
I am very pleased to know how much you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and Fort Lauderdale Beach. I must agree that the ocean and surrounding area views are spectacular. Thank you for your excellent rating and please come back to visit us again soon!