“close to the tourist area of the beach”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Bradenton, Florida
“close to the tourist area of the beach”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel is centrally located for those who want to be close to the nightlife. It's located directly across the beach and has beautiful views of the ocean. What it lacks however is affordable parking, as well as other amenities. The parking is valet only at a cost of $29 per night. There is no option for those who can't or don't want to valet. The only room service outside of breakfast is through the Bubba Gump shrimp company which is located on the property. The grounds are ok but cleanliness doesn't appear to be a priority although in fairness to the hotel, it is a highly trafficked area.The restaurants adjacent to the hotel stay open late and play music loud enough to be heard on the 7th floor. We were also woken up at 4 am by noise coming from the business next door. Overall if you are a young couple looking to stay on the beach for the nightlife this might be a good option for you, otherwise you might want to consider staying a little farther north or south

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ptzinha
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We are centrally located on Fort Lauderdale Beach, but I am sorry that you were disturbed by exterior noise during your visit. A good sleep is important. I wish that there was more parking available, but space for parking is very limited throughout the beach area. You mentioned that you enjoyed being close to the beach and the views from our hotel, so I'm hoping that you will give us another chance on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We are Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite members and have stayed at many Marriott properties. We were here for 2 nights before a cruise and from check in to check out this courtyard was not on par for a Marriott. The staff was short and not friendly. The concierge was not helpful and all we asked for was some dinner recommendations. There were no towels at the pool which in itself the pool left a lot to be desired. Being elite members we were not granted late check out and I believe that perk is something that is always granted. We just wanted an extra hour. The only good thing about this property is the proximity to the beach which is right across the street within walking distance. Other than that my next visit to Ft. Lauderdale will be at a different property.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations, especially as Platinum Elite members. We train our team and concierge to be both professional and friendly and I am truly sorry that your experience was anything less. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate that we can meet youir expectations. Thank you.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Great hotel to stay at for a few nights. I have stayed at this particular hotel in 2010, 2011 and 2012. It has always been clean and friendly. The summmer months are the best time for an amazing bargin (FL redisdent, free breakfast, free or reduced parking etc...for around $89-$110 a night). I plan on making this my quick getaway place for years to come, the location and price are just that good. The staff is also consistantly friendly from year to year and what I love even more is that I have seen several of the same employees from year to year as well. That says alot in my eyes!

The only cons are
The small pool - but there is an ocean several steps away so who cares!
The larger rooms do not offer a multiple bed option - no sleep sofa for me!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for returning to visit us year after year. Your loyalty and comments are greatly appreciated. We want to continue to be your "quick getaway place for years to come".
London, England
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed here in September, and found the hotel very comfortable, the a/c is excellent and we slept very well in the large comfortable beds. Our only complaint was our room had an adjoining door to another room, and when it was occupied, you could hear EVERY word they said. Luckily it was only occupied for 1 night by a single lady (she called her father and I could relay every word of her conversation!). Avoid rooms with an adjoining door and you will be fine. The staff are so helpful, the maids will give you extra coffee if you ask. Location is perfect, so near the beach, close to bus stops and many bars and restaurants. Highly recommended, we would love to come back.

Room Tip: we had an intercoastal view room, just avoid ones with interconnecting doors unless you want to hear...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank leopard.pants
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
I appreciate your comments very much. Thank you. I'm sorry about the conversation next door. I will find a solution. I'm glad to know that you want to return and we will look forward to welcoming you back to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale for a w-end (2 nights) in August 2013 with a couple of friends. The hotel location was great, right across the street from the beach and walking distance to many restaurants, cafè and nightlife. Our room was ok, was a corner room on high floor. The view from our room was absolutely amazing ! The lifts were terrible and during busy times …. High floor … impossible !! Breakfast buffet was included in our rate and it was good. Beach towels were included but they were very small. Beach umbrella and chairs were not included in hotel rate. We paied 70 USD for one umbrella and 4 chairs. Parking also was not included. I think it would be a good idea to create a package with breakfast, parking and beach umbrella. The hotel was as expected for what I paid and for a Courtyard style. Sorry if my english is not perfect but I am not english mother tongue.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank FedericaRoma_Italy
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed our location and views from our guest rooms. I do want to mention that we have packages that include breakfast and sometimes parking in select months that are a good value. Regarding beach furniture, the city contracts with a vendor who determines rates for rentals. Overall I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My rating is based on making plan's on a budget and when you have to cut something out due to lie's to bring in guest I don't agree with it. SO LOOK OUT..! Ask questions before you make plan's with a budget cuz they don't tell you parking is $ 29.00 for valet and self parking is $ 15.00 The Ritz in South Beach is $ 36.00 Bucks for the night and this is not the Ritz. On the phone they told me continental breakfast was included YEAH for an additional $15.95 per. person. If they would had been honest with me over the phone I probably would have waited another 2 weeks to save some more money to walk around and have a little more fun. And I'm from Miami so I like to get away close to where I live very often with my girl since I work so much. Everything else was great but I don't like to be misled or misinformed.

Room Tip: 805 B - This room is AWSOME.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Born2pour
I understand making plans and deciding how much to spend for a trip in advance. I am sincerely sorry that you were surprised by the valet parking cost. Parking is expensive on Fort Lauderdale Beach and we try to make sure that our guests are informed. The Marriott reservationist certainly should have informed you when making your reservation and it should have been printed on your confirmation. Also if your reservation included breakfast, we should have delivered. We love to have guests from Miami come up to Fort Lauderdale Beach for weekends and we want them to be satisfied so that they will return. Please contact me.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This Courtyard is in a great location about 3 blocks away from the bustling nightlife of Fort Lauderdale beach. It right across the street from the beach and has a great outdoor pool and bar. Inside a well equipped fitness center and restaurant. There are 5 public computers which is a nice plus, no lines no waiting. Our room was a mini suite with sliding doors to the TV room and pull out sofa. At $99 a great deal and we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for your review. Your comments are much appreciated. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit and would like to return to stay with us again!