“Ideal holiday hotel”

Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Ideal holiday hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel has one of the best positions in Fort Lauderdale. Close to the beach, close to restaurants and close to other amenities. It's position on the road network in Fort Lauderdale it key to staying there, especially when you are there to explore. Yes the elevators are slow but you are on holiday, slow down, unwind, relax what's the hurry?

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Edinburra
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
We do have a great spot by Fort Lauderdale Beach and I have a feeling that that you thoroughly explored the area. You traveled a great distance and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
Maastricht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel is located just across the road to the beach, has its own warm outdoor pool with the bar and sunbeds.
Pros:
1. location - beach, bars and restaurants nearby.
2. staff - very welcome at the reception, ready to help, housekeeping very friendly
3. Light and clean and cozy standard rooms. Seaview room is not needed, because intercoastal view provides you with excellent view as well
4. Breakfast - excellent food, good selection, buffet.
5. Guest laundry - you value that, when you are traveling 3 weeks in a row.
6. Beach - the best beach we had. Much better comparing to Palm Beach and Miami Beach. Walking area, restaurants and bars, scenic view.

Cons:
1. Valet staff - one of the guys was strange. He didn't help to get heavy trolley with the luggage to the room - he asked me to bring the trolley back down, after I unload the luggage! I don't want to put any names here, but it was absolutely shocking - the first impression, when you arrive.

Room Tip: Don't overpay for a seaview - intercoastal view is as good.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank DctrG
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
I appreciate your critique and excellent rating. I agree with you that the intracoastal views are great and even better than the ocean views after the sun goes down. All of the lights from the mansions, the boats cruising the waterway and even the skyline of downtown make for very interesting viewing. Thanks for the note on valet. A real exception to the service usually provided and expected. You can be sure that I will follow up. I certainly hope that you will join us again in the very near future!
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Courtyard May market themselves as a business traveler chain, but this property is definitely NOT business friendly. Even the restaurant charge was split into 3 charges (one for the meal & another for the tip). That's not a big deal for a tourist, but is unnecessarily difficult for completing an expense report. The worst part was the badly sagging mattress. Both sides were sloped downward at the edges. I mentioned to the desk clerk that they didn't want to rent out Room 1115 again until it's replaced. She tried to fix the restaurant charges (the system wouldn't let her) & she kindly applied a rebate to the room charge. Again, appropriate for a tourist, but I doubt my company really cares & it was my back that paid the price. All that did for me was reduce the # of Reward Points I will get for that stay -adding insult to my injury. Thanks a lot. I doubt you'll have to worry about me coming back anyway.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I am sorry to disappoint a business traveler. We serve a mix of business and leisure travelers. Both are important to us and we have a large number of both that return to our hotel on a frequent basis. I know that you spoke with our Front Office Manager and I hope that he made the proper amends to convince you to give us another opportunity to demonstrate that we can satisfy your expectations. Thank you.
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We had a great day this past Monday hanging out on the sun deck. Weather was great, the bar convenient and the pool heated. Hotel really made us comfortable. Location was great. Head across the street to be on the beach or check out all the local bars offering drink specials. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BANA413
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you so much for your comments and excellent rating. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Marriott Courtyard!
sedona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights, a combination of business and pleasure. We had a King Corner Room with a view of the Ocean and Coastal waters. It was really beautiful.

The rooms are small, but are well equipped with a fridge. It is walking distance from many restaurants and across the street from the beach.

What I also like about the hotel is it is tucked away from the street so you don't hear the street noise. Being on a higher floor also helps.

The Front Desk, Bell Man and EVERYONE working in the hotel is friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. You can tell the property is well managed in that regard.

Definitely park in the lot next to the hotel and save $15! It was super easy.

There were some younger folks staying at the hotel, that came back to their rooms (loudly!) at 1am. We didn't call the front desk as the noise subsided. While annoying, this can happen anywhere.

One thing I didn't appreciate was how the front desk will not pre-block you in a room without a LOT of discussion. I stay at Hiltons and Marriott Hotel regularly, and Hilton always pre-blocks me. They finally accommodated, which I appreciated, but it was a struggle.

We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: High floor; corner room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LoisSedona
I think that it is great when people can combine some work and pleasure. You can accomplish your business mission and still enjoy your visit. I see that you discovered that there are many interesting things to see and do nearby. You selected my favorite room - the corner king. Views of the ocean, beachfront and intracoastal are all great. I appreciate your comment about our friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Sun Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Was fortunate to stay at this hotel on business for 7 days in January. I was in a corner room, beach front on a high floor. The room was large and very welcoming. The wall of windows offered spectacular views of the boulevard and city skyline. The wireless internet service was spotty on the higher floors, the buffet breakfast was on the high side. Other than that the staff and service was great. Will definitely stay at this location next time I am in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travel3work
Your comments are greatly appreciated. In 7 days you do learn a lot about a hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed the views and I hope that your business trip was successful. We look forward to your return!
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I spent 6 nights at this Courtyard Marriot over the win ter break with my daughter's soccer team. Our room was clean and nicely apppinted.This hotel is conveniently located in the heart of the Ft Lauderdale Beach area. You can walk to many restaurants and shopping. We especially liked St. Barts for breakfast. The hotel only offers a buffet breakfast which is fair but expensive. Coconuts is a must visit for fresh seafood.Bubba Gumps is excellent for a quick lunch on the beach. Only negative is the valet parking is alittle expensive but attendents are very responsive. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Hi fllor on beach or causeway side
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank NJTraveler113
Your comments and excellent rating are greatly appreciated. You certainly discovered many good restaurants in the surrounding area. Our location is difficult to beat for proximity to the many fun and interesting things to see and do on Fort Lauderdale Beach. Thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Marriott Courtyard!