“Pre Cruise Stay”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #19 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were taking a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale leaving on a Saturday. We decided to get to there on the previous Wednesday to assure there would be no travel snafus and to relax for a couple of days. We arrived at the hotel by 11:00am and were promptly checked into our rooms, even though check in time is 4:00pm. The desk staff were extremely friendly and courteous. The rooms were on a high floor with great views of the ocean and beach. The room was spacious with comfortable furnishings. Cleanliness was outstanding.
The staff was very helpful in steering us to quality restaurants in the area, and their recommendations were spot on. We would not hesitate to return here on our next trip to Ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Hi floors either facing the ocean or intercoastal offer great views
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tony P
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thanks for spending time with us prior to your cruise. Great to be close to both the beach and the port. Also sounds like you were able to experience the restaurants and other fun things nearby. I appreciate your comments and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back during your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We love this hotel so much! Every time we go to Ft Lauderdale we stay here. The staff is amazingingly friendly and the hotel is so clean. Love the lady bartender (dang I wish I remembered her name!!). She treated us like we were old friends - every time we saw her!!! And the view is spectacular. Right on the beach!! No complaints whatsoever!! Except that I cant wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: 708 (Lord I hope thats right!) has the perfect view of the beach!!!
3  Thank marparr
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I love your comments and appreciate very much your kind words. I will share them with my team. Thanks so much for your excellent rating and your return visits. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I selected the hotel on line as a travel through hotel on our way to the Keys. The hotel was wonderful, we were updated to a suite which was nice. The room was a good size, nice bathroom and very clean. The amenities of the hotel seemed nice although we didn't have time to take advantage of them. We loved the life-size chess set on the pool deck. The overnight parking at $29.00 a night is outrageous, it would have been great to be advised that when making the reservation because it increases the per night charge. We also ate breakfast in the restaurant and the food that is offered in the buffet is not worthy of the charge of the breakfast. The worst part was the uncomfortable bed in the room. We were told that renovations would happen towards the end of the year.

1  Thank Patricia S

Thanks for stopping to stay with us on your way to the Keys. We are embarking upon a renovation this summer which will make lots of improvements including new beds and a new restaurant. We're excited about the renovation and hope that you will return to see the changes for yourself.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the Memorial Day weekend (friday-monday). Overall it was a nice experience. We had a corner room which had an amazing view of the harbor and the beach. The coffee in the room was terrible, but there are several coffee shops in the area. They do provide different kinds of coffee creamer though which I thought was nice. The pool bar and bar staff was great and the live music during the day was very entertaining and got the crowd going. My only gripe is that on Saturday my husband and I were gone and out of the room, literally from 9:30 am until 5 PM. When we returned back we had to get ready for dinner reservations but the housekeeping staff had just started cleaning our room at 5:00. I kept myself busy while they finished making the bed, but I had to ask them not to clean the bathroom so I could get in the shower due to time. The same thing happened the following day, when we came back to our room around 4 we still did not have clean sheets, however when we came back after an excursion at 8PM the room had been cleaned. Again, it was a nice stay and the staff was very kind, but I couldn't give it 5/5 rating.

Room Tip: Get a corner room!
1  Thank Keely B

I appreciate your review and I would agree with you that 4 p.m. is too late to be cleaning occupied rooms. I don't know the exact circumstances, but I do know that it was inconvenient and I would like to extend an apology. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again without the late cleaning included!

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Front desk clerks were awesome, Bar was sensational Memorial Day weekend was the best. Mia the front desk manager was very accommodating on my needs of a late check out due to some scheduling issues. Thanks again will be seeing you soon.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David A

Your excellent rating and comments about our team are much appreciated. We are always eager to receive comments about service and I will be sure to share yours with my team. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back! ( Majorca is on my list to visit)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had a two night stay during Memorial Day weekend and this hotel was right in the thick of Fort Lauderdale hubbub .
The good- location to beach and beach itself were wonderful. I woke up at 9 and floated in the calm sea for an hour and half and it was empty and beautiful. The staff were nice. The room and bathroom was clean enough and it was a nice size. Lots of restaurants and bars to choose from. Views. My bed was comfortable and ac worked well. Free wifi.
The not so good- the pool is
small and seemed old, the beach bar was really a pool bar and not on the beach. Some nice staff (Paula). And some not so nice. No room service except for breakfast. The pool bar stops serving food pretty early. Expensive parking.

I didn't try their breakfast because I thought the 17.00 buffet was expensive but went to a breakfast place next door which was great. They are renovating , so hopefully there will be a new pool.

All in all, a fine stay

Room Tip: Ask for best available
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GwennieG

Thank you for joining us over the Memorial Day weekend. You are right, we are renovating this summer and it does include the pool and deck. My team and I are excited for the renovation to be completed because we know that our guests will recognize and enjoy the changes. Please come back and check it out!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

When we got off our plane,our taxi driver weaved in and out,not sure we would arrive in one peice or not.But when we saw the Marriott,the beach was just a stairway away,food along the beach,we ate at shrimp restaurant,That was so much fun.I am bringing my family on a vacation here next winter for sure.We hated to leave to go on our cruise,but we will return!!

Room Tip: We were looking out at the marina,just beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lois B

Can't tell you how pleased I am for your stay with us to be considered the "high light of (your) trip"! We'll be looking forward to your return next winter with your family......thanks so much!