“Great Serivce”

Ranked #24 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Serivce”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in June. Front desk person, Stephen, was fantastic. He put us in the perfect room. Thank you Stephen! Paula at the bar was sensational with the best margaritas. The gentleman working the bar during the day was very friendly and quick to help. The hotel is very clean and close to everything. If you're not renting a car, a taxi is the best transportation from and to the airport. $25 each way. Thank you to the entire staff for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Your excellent ratings are greatly appreciated. Stephan, Paula and our entire team are here to serve our guests and they take great pride in doing so. They love to see their names on Trip Advisor and I have recognized them internally. Thank you very much and please come back to visit us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

SLOW WIFI. S O. S L O W. Like barely usable slow. Google took forever! I've been to hotels that have blazing fast speeds which is expected in this day and time. I rely on internet at hotel stays. This has truly bothered my stay, great view but if wifi is important, pick on of it's neighbouring hotels.

Stayed June 2014
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I know that fast wifi is important and expected these days. I don't know why our wifi was so slow during your visit, but we will be soon installing a totally new system with great speed and capacity. I'm sorry that our wifi detracted from your recent visit, but I hope that overall your experience was satisfactory and that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've stayed here twice. Both times were with my husband who was there on business. The location is great - right across the street from the beach! The customer service is outstanding. From the valet attendants to the front desk, they went above and beyond our expectations. Upon checking in for our flight the airport, I realized that I left my hair dryer and flat iron in the room. Since we live in Atlanta, I was unable to go back and pick up these items. The hotel found my items, shipped them which got to me withing 5 business days. It was packaged well and made it safely to our home. Thank you so much for your great customer service. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because the dining options are minimal and the pool is just a standard small pool, but they obviously can't do much about spacing.

Room Tip: we had a great view of the ocean
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michelle S
Thank you for returning to our hotel. Works out great when your husband can conduct his business and then join you for some relaxation or fun. I appreciate your comments about our service very much. Please come back to visit us again soon!
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The staff is warm, friendly, helpful - really made me feel at home and taken care of. The room was comfortable and had great views - mine was of the Intracoastal with the yachts and the buildings of Ft Lauderdale in the distance. They even arranged for a rainbow in the morning and dolphins jumping in the water (well maybe nature did that, but it was very cool!). Loved the pool! And the location is excellent...right across the street from the beach and restaurants. Also, very convenient to FLL and downtown Ft Lauderdale. The price was right, too (though parking is a little steep). I would stay here again and recommend to friends and family. Perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for better views and stay away from the ice machine. Either side, Atlantic or...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Viaggiaro
"Perfect" is high praise and much appreciated. Mother Nature helped by providing a rainbow and jumping dolphins. I think those sights must mean that good fortune lies ahead for you. Thank you for your excellent rating and especially your comments about our staff. They are always eager to receive guest feedback and I have shared your comments with them. Thanks too for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
Valentine, TX
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a few nights in May for a relaxing beach vacation. We were not overly impressed with the hotel. We had reserved a king room with an ocean view preferably on a high floor. When we checked in though and were told all those rooms were booked, so we were put in a queen room on the second floor with a partial ocean view. It was a little weird though to have the windows open because the pool was just outside our window and basically level with our room. So there was little to no privacy and it was slightly awkward to have the window open. I was also a little surprised at the pool when you had to check out pool towels and you only got one per person. Just didn't make you feel like a valued customer. There was also a leak in one of the pools and some major construction was going on while we were there.. it was a little hard to relax at the pool when there was jackhammering going on right next to you. And construction workers looking across into your room..

We had the room rate with free breakfast, and breakfast was good. There was a lot to choose from including an omelet and waffle station. The hotel was also in a great location, just cross a street to get to the beach and within walking distance of several restaurants, bars, and shopping. It is also near a CVS in case you need anything. The room was nicely laid out and clean.

I think the hotel could be a good place to stay with the location and nice rooms. We just had a bad experience with the room mix-up and construction.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank S618VTX
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
I appreciate your constructive comments. The activity on the pool deck wasn't planned construction, but a repair that required immediate attention for the sake of our tenant below. I do know that the extent of the repair got bigger and noisier than I expected. I would like to apologize for the distractions from a pleasant environment. I would like for you to return and enjoy the experience that you expected. If you contact me I will personally select your room and make amends for your past visit. We will be undergoing a renovation starting after the 4th of July which upon completion will have a positive impact in every area of our hotel. I will share all of that information to be sure that the timing of your future visit is right for you. Thanks.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nicely laid out 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen, w/d, dinning and livingroom, balconies. If you are hungover the carpet can make you ill! Their choice of carpet leaves alot to be desired straight or hungover. Did not like going thru the shopping courtyard to get to the beach. All in all a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jetfit
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your review, but your visit was to the Marriott Beach Place timeshare rather than the Marriott Courtyard.
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were taking a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale leaving on a Saturday. We decided to get to there on the previous Wednesday to assure there would be no travel snafus and to relax for a couple of days. We arrived at the hotel by 11:00am and were promptly checked into our rooms, even though check in time is 4:00pm. The desk staff were extremely friendly and courteous. The rooms were on a high floor with great views of the ocean and beach. The room was spacious with comfortable furnishings. Cleanliness was outstanding.
The staff was very helpful in steering us to quality restaurants in the area, and their recommendations were spot on. We would not hesitate to return here on our next trip to Ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Hi floors either facing the ocean or intercoastal offer great views
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tony P
Thanks for spending time with us prior to your cruise. Great to be close to both the beach and the port. Also sounds like you were able to experience the restaurants and other fun things nearby. I appreciate your comments and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back during your next trip to Fort Lauderdale!