Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Marriott's BeachPlace Towers(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Beachfront
Silver Seas Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Bahia Cabana Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Bahia Beach Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)
Fala Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Sea Beach Plaza(Fort Lauderdale)
1,829 results
All reviewsbubba gumpsacross the streetcourtyard marriottcorner roomsun deckpool barfloor to ceiling windowsfort lauderdale beachwithin walking distancevalet parkinglas olasocean viewking suitesmall poolwater taxiper nightthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2009

The Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach is perfectly located. We had never visited Ft.L before, but this was the perfect place to experience hip night life, a semi-private beach, & roomy rooms. We really enjoyed the 2 separate components of our room: the front "foyer" with hide-a-bed with television & the bed with television beyond the dividing wall. The beachfront in front of the hotel was very clean & less crowded than the areas just north of our strip. It's semi-seclusion without paying any exorbitant fees. The one thing that did bother us was the complete rudeness & inattentiveness of the staff. Upon check in, the front desk clerk treated us like we were hassling him. The same feeling of annoyance flooded upon us whenever we encountered him over the next 3 days. It was very odd. And while it's nice the hotel has free beach towels to borrow & bring to the beach, the staff very rarely refills them. And when they did, it took several phone calls to bring them out to the 6 or so families waiting for them. Word to the wise: if you need a cab, HAVE THE VALET CALL YOU A REAL CAB. We asked for one but the put us in a waiting privately owned van service who ended up scamming us by driving FAR out of his way. Staff aside, the hotel was perfectly located on a great stretch of beach.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mwpan090
Reviewed 19 June 2009

Whether this hotel has a great location or a terrible location is a matter of opinion. The Courtyard is the southern anchor of the busiest stretch of oceanfront in Ft. Lauderdale, adjacent to restaurants, shops, nightclubs, municipal parking and the crowds and noise that go with them. The beach in front of the hotel is crowded with young partygoers, daytrippers, and families. There is definitely good people watching to be had here. We chose this hotel because of its proximity to our dive operator, and for that purpose it was perfect; but for a quieter vacation, I would choose to be a little further south or a lot further north of this location.

The hotel books its share of partygoers, though there were plenty of families and businesspeople as well. Noise was definitely an issue: from the hall, from the adjoining room, and even from the street, though we were on the 7th floor. Fortunately, the configuration of the room minimized these issues.

Our room was spectacular, by far the nicest Courtyard by Marriott room I have ever stayed in. The king room had sleeping and living areas separated by French doors, with flat screen TVs in each area – almost a suite, though we paid for a run-of-hotel room and I assume this room is the norm. The room had comfortable furnishings and tasteful, upscale decoration. The bathroom was typical of the chain (very nice). The view was nice too; I think most rooms above the 4th floor would have a good view.

Housekeeping was sloppy, forgetting to empty trash and neglecting to leave supplies and towels on several occasions, but a call to the front desk put things right quickly. The front desk was efficient but not terribly friendly; the concierge was useless.

The pool deck was large, had nice furnishings and was attractively, though minimally, landscaped. The small pool was crowded with children and their waste products. Their parents tied one on at the nearby pool bar, which has been lamely decorated with tiki accoutrements. The drinks we had were OK. The exercise room is pretty nice, with a good selection of equipment. The business center had three free PCs and printing facilities, plus a fourth PC and printer dedicated to boarding passes; there was often a wait for a PC. There was also a free high speed network connection in the room, so bring your laptop.

The restaurant breakfast buffet was standard for the chain, but a bit expensive; there are several places along the oceanfront that serve breakfast, but we didn’t find anything we liked better; the restaurant service was friendly and attentive, so we just paid what they asked and enjoyed it.

Considering the price versus that of the surrounding hotels, the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach was a pretty good deal. The next time I find myself in Ft. Lauderdale, I won’t be opposed to staying here again, but I don’t think it will be my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andy2840
Reviewed 21 May 2009

My son and I spent one night here before continung on to the Dominican Republic the next day. I used Marriott points for the room, so there was no cost. The hotel was FULL to bursting and felt like a madhouse. I spent time at the very pleasant if crowded pool bar and had dinner there (mediocre food but really cheap drinks during happy hour), and everyone seemed to be heading out for a cruise or other family vacation. The hotel was so full that the elevators were just overmatched and it took forever to get one.
The hotel is a Courtyard, which means limited service, but they have a restaurant and the poolside bar/restaurant. This gives the one impression that they have food service, which they only barely have.They're just not set up or staffed for it. The restaurant serves breakfast but it was clear when we got there that they were just overcome with too many guests, it would obviously take forever to get even the simplest breakfast. Because we had another flight to make, I begged for just two cups of coffee and two bagels. The manager overheard, appreciated our situation and provided these quickly (bless her).
This hotel has an amazing location right across from the beach. The pool area is on a large raised patio overlooking the beach. It is a very nice pool area, but too small for the size of the hotel when the hotel is full. The view from the rooms is nice, but there are no balconies and the windows don't open. The room is a typical Courtyard room, nothing special, but had a nice feature where you could pull out part of the desk to use it, and then push it back to get it out of the way afterward.
This is an excellent hotel for one night. It is a short cab ride from the Ft Lauderdale airport. But if I had to stay here any longer, I would go crazy. The beachfront location and nice pool give the illusion of a real hotel, but it's a limited service hotel so the looks are deceiving. No room service, not really a restaurant. It is not a good place for a vacation.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Cambridgtravler
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I enjoyed this hotel. I like that it wasn't a huge hotel. Right by the beach, and you definitely need a car. It was clean and nicely decorated. The roll-away beds were worn out and needs to be replaced. Room service, housekeeping service was really quick and accommodating. I would consider staying here again but next time would rent two rooms instead of one.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank LuvTravel9999
Reviewed 10 May 2009

After reading the good reviews with Tripadvisor and staying in previous Courtyards,
I expected a clean and newly renovated hotel. A few of our friends, my husband and
I reserved two nights in a bay view room five months in advance. Instead we received rooms overlooking a parking lot. When we tried changing the room, were told no other rooms were available. I didn't feel the staff was helpful or cared. The hotel and rooms didn't look newly renovated and not very clean. The hall way carpet was dirty and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a long time. Our room had stains on the carpet and bathroom floor. The walls had dark smudges and window fingerprints on it.
After staying in three Marriott hotels while in Florida, the Renaissance was very good, and the Key West Beachside was the best, with very clean and beautiful rooms.
I would not recommed the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale, even though it has a good location.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends