“Friendly staff”

Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Vancouver
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Stayed for one night after our cruise. Again, same problem with the marriot brand... ?Overpriced for what they offer. Staff was very friendly, however the room were extremely average.

1 Thank mic_sam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
California
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Hotel water is Yellow....No Bottled Water in the Rooms!

I stayed here for a business trip on spring break...big mistake! I am a marriott gold member, and got absolutely zero treatment. Waited 45 minutes for a room, while other travelers were given rooms as they got to the desk. Watched the front desk clerk argue with two college kids who were staying there on a "Friends and Family Rate" that he wouldn't honor it because the hotel manager had to be there, while he had no problem with my "Friends and Family Rate"...he told them the FF Rate was $199, while I was paying $129.

The restaurant was terrible. I asked to order off of the menu, and the waitress argued with me that the buffet was a better deal. I wanted poached eggs and fruit as I travel a lot, and it took me five minutes of arguing with her in order to be able to order off of the menu and not have to eat off of the gross buffet.

Pool was a joke, not even an ocean view.

Bar was ok...watered down drinks, but the bartender was fun and socialable.

Restaurant only serves breakfast....you are on your own for other meals.

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank sonomatanning
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Most reviews covered every detail but I thought I'd put in my two cents. I am a college student from Chicago and I went on a Spring Break trip with my boyfriend. Since we're from a major city we weren't too impressed with the nightlife. We didn't have a car so we remained in the one mile radius of the entertainment/dining that was available. Check out Rock Bar, great burgers and 2-for-1 margaritas the size of your head! There are plenty of water activities, we went Deep Sea Fishing, a 4-hour boat ride for only $35 a person. Unfortunately we didn't catch anything but it was awesome being on the ocean and seeing the sights! The hotel itself is very clean, the staff is friendly and the housekeeper did a great job. They let us check in at noon when we arrived at the hotel even though the check-in time is 4 pm. I was very surprised that they didn't make us wait like most hotel do. Personally, if I ever wanted to come back to Fort Lauderdale again, this is the hotel I would stay at. But I just wasn't all that amazed with the nightlife. Would probably check out Miami or West Palm Beach next time I'm in FL. PS. We lucked out and didn't have loud neighbors in the hotel. The walls are pretty thin, we could hear the people above us use the bathroom!

PDX
Reviewed 28 March 2010

The very good location of this hotel puts it 1 block from the beach and countless shops and small to large bars/restaurants. To start with the negative--the front desk staff could best be described as somewhat surly, however, that may have been because many of the guests I witnessed were also quite rude to the desk staff. That being said, I really enjoyed this hotel for the brief time I was there. We stayed here overnight on our way out of Ft Lauderdale to catch a cruise in Miami the next day. The rooms are very modern and were fully clean. There is the typical musty odor which ALL Florida hotels I have ever stayed in have, so I don't count that against any place. This was a nice hotel that could easily be a destination for someone looking for easy beach access, without the cost of beach front properties. However, if this place raises its rates at all, it will not compete with beachfront hotels, but priced about 20% less, it is a good value.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Essex
Reviewed 21 March 2010

We have just returned from a week in this hotel. 3 couples travelled, and we all agreed that this was a very good value, nice quality hotel. It is not 5 star by any means, however, the plus points include:
very helpful concierge and car valet staff;
excellent location from across the beach with a number of eateries close by;
very clean and well maintained throughout hotel;
good size rooms with 2 double beds and a fair size bathroom, desk, TV, storage;
3 free internet pc's plus a dedicated online check-in system;
gym;
nice (albeit smallish) pool and sun lounging area - with canopy sun beds,seats and pool bar;
quite a nice buffet breakfast with fair selection ($15);
sun towels which we could use for the beach as well as the pool

downsides;
bar shut at 10.30pm (?!) and car parking is $25 plus tax (and tips) - although there are 2 car parks right next door - which are much less $$
we did not get a beach view - but it didn't really detract from our hol

The hotel has a Bubba Gump restaurant directly below it and a little cafeteria to the right (as you come down towards the beach) which is great for a reasonably priced and tasty breakfast/ lunch. There are a lot more restaurants along the promenande and in the Las Olas Boulevard area. FL is quite a big resort, and you do benefit from having a car if you wish to see more than the beach and the water taxi route, but a number of options are available by bus (such as the galleria shopping mall). The water taxi is great fun if you get a good guide, which we did - lots of big, beautiful (and not so beautiful) houses and boats to oggle at - with some FL history and recommendations thrown in.

FL has beautiful clean beaches and promenade and a number of great places to eat. Directly out the back from the hotel (away from the beach) is a restaurant, hidden from the road, overlooking the water taxi route, which is called Coconuts - we would definitely recommend this for atmosphere, service and food.
Mango's on LasOlas Boulevard is another great place for an evening meal with live enterainment and big bar area. We also really enjoyed the Big City Tavern on Las Olas - fab cocktails.

Omaha, NE
Reviewed 9 February 2010

We stayed here over Super Bowl weekend. The hotel is just across the street from the beach and within walking distance from lots of shops, bars and restaurants. Super friendly staff. Rooms had a great view and comfortable beds however ours was not the cleanest upon arrival (garbage left under the bed, make up smudges all over the bathroom door). I'm sure these were just oversights as overall the hotel was very nice and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed 2 February 2010

We stayed here two nights prior to sailing on Independence of the Seas. They do not have shuttle service at all so we used GO Shuttle to get here and to the port. There were eight of us including two little ones. We had three rooms in total, all on the 12th floor, two of which were double queens overlooking the intracoastal waterway (great view) and one king which had two TVs, a sitting area and a view south along the ocean and to the port. All rooms had a coffeemaker and mini fridge. It was very clean and we were very pleased with everything. Free internet on the mezzanine worked just fine. Our kids had breakfast at the buffet one morning and really enjoyed it. If you are there for a beach vacation, it is a great location. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company is accessible from the pool area of the hotel (down a set of stairs or down an elevator). We would definitely stay here again if the rate was right.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family