“Terrific Customer Service”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Ranked #37 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The day before leaving for Ft Lauderdale I found out my reservation had been cancelled by a woman at a Hilton call center who barely spoke English in a foreign country- OM Golly! Thanks to Hilton Honors for intervening on my behalf. They called the manager ES and got my reservation re-instated at the same rate I had booked. When I arrived Vanessa & Diana couldn't have been nicer. I arrived early they offered me breakfast & checked me right in about 10am. They had my packages waiting for me at the front desk. I had requested a room on a high floor near the elevator facing the port. And they made sure my requests were met. They gave me a great recommendation for lunch -Gilberts. The pool area was clean and gorgeous.
The manager's reception hit the spot! I have to admit my room was a bit tired and could have been a little cleaner. I asked the maid 3 times for coffee stirs and never received them. I was very impressed on how the breakfast area had improved. There was the friendliest and hard working crew keeping up with the big weekend crowd I had ever experienced . A very friendly upbeat gentleman at the omelet station kept everyone happy. The food was good & kudos to the very nice woman with the long dark hair that was working so hard to keep all the tables cleaned. She quickly cleared and cleaned a
Table for me to sit down. I did not receive a wake call and missed my hair appointment. Diana made an adjustment on my bill since I wasn't called. When checking out Diana & Vanessa were so busy but took the time to get
me help with my luggage and transportation to the port. They are amazing at the front desk always personable and extremely busy on the weekends with all of the cruise passengers. They both provided me with outstanding customer service.
I had a late flight the following Saturday after debarking the ship. I went back to Embassy Suites. They took care of my luggage I sat by the pool and had lunch before catching my 5 pm flight. Such a pleasant way to end the cruise. And ofcourse when I walked through the door there was Diana & Vanessa welcoming back! You can't wrong staying here before or after a cruise. The manager just needs to get the cleaning staff to do a better job & update the rooms, then it would really be a 4 star property.

A

T

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank lmlindy
Write a ReviewReviews (3,254)

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The hotel staff goes the extra mile to make your stay extremely pleasant. The hotel managers, Don and Rosalie, work tirelessly to make sure that each guest feels catered to. For example, they assist staff in the morning during the hotel's complimentary breakfast by bussing tables and greeting all guests to make sure they have everything they want - I have stayed at many hotels and have never seen such care and respect that the Embassy Suites managers and staff at this hotel show their guests. Bottem line - this hotel is the best hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This hotel was just fine for a pre-cruise stay. The room could have used a makeover, but it was still worth it considering the location and area. The room had a living area and sleeping area. That was nice. It was noisey though. You could hear every car, truck, and police siren. It was not very well insulated. It is within walking distance to many restaurants and shopping. We walked over to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. (didn't care for that restaurant) After dinner we walked over to Ross to browse the store. The neighborhood felt comfortable.

There is a happy hour at night. That was a nice touch. It also included chips & dip, popcorn, pretzels, and one other snack. The breakfast was really good. It was more than I expected. So much to choose from. If you couldn't find something to eat you must be very pickey. The only problem was there were not enough tables to sit at, so we brought our food to the room. No big deal.

We took a cab from FLL to the hotel and I think it was @ $15.00. (I think) Going to the ship we did use the hotels shuttle and it was fine, @ $15.00. They grouped you as per cruise line you were going to. That made sense to me not having to stop at all the other cruise lines that are of no interest to me. We only had to wait 10 minutes for the shuttle. No problem there. I'm on vacation and have nowhere to be in a hurry to get to.

All in all - a good hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 4qqqq
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I would disagree with anyone who calls this property rundown, unless other rooms were not in the same great shape as ours. We had a view of the port, and it was a treat to awake in the morning and see our cruise ship clearly across the way. I like Embassy's idea of a sink in the main bedroom (giving you 3 sinks in 3 separate places. Also nice that, while my DW was still asleep in the morn, I could go into the living area and watch Sports Center.

The manager's reception: held every night, snacks, decent assortment of drinks (beer, wines, sangria, some mixed, sodas of course). Good breakfast with cooked to order omelettes.

Had a Grilled Mahi Mahi sandwich (excellent) from Gilbert's 17th St Grill, located right behind Embassy. As others have mentioned, department store, dollar store, grocery store, wine store all close by along with other shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a port view, especially if you're cruising. We were just around the corner from the mai...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kickerAuburnNy
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed here one night pre-cruise in early January. Took others' advice and took a taxi from the airport and to the port -much faster and cheaper. Really liked the way the rooms had a small outside balcony but also overlooked the square in the middle. Nice to have the Harbor Shops and Total Wines within walking distance. Be prepared to pay top $$$ in their busy season as rooms are at a premium & its a huge port for cruisers.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Faye55
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed here before a cruise on a cruise package and it was a great way to start our vacation. Transfers from airport, to sea port, free happy hour, and free breakfast included. You can't beat the value. Great location for this purpose. Spacious clean rooms, and a really nice pool. Very pleased and will stay here again before the next cruise.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank Johnnygalt
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We were a little sceptic about this hotel but decided that we would give a try before our latest cruise in December. The décor was great with the festive theme. The entrance was well appointed and clean. The Staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The breakfast buffet was a bit of a zoo if you wanted eggs of any kind, but you could find the pancakes, fruit, yoghurt, pastries, cereals and bread (to make your own toast).
We appreciated the way the tables were dispersed with in the square in little nooks. Made eating easier and more comfortable.
With the exception of rude, aggravating smokers, the pool are was beautiful. It was clean fun and nice size. Loved the water fall and being able to actually swim lengths. All kinds of little areas that you could sit or lay in either the sun or the shade.
The lounge served great appetizers and snacks. They also served lunch and dinner.
Our room was exactly as we asked for.
Staff were attentive and helpful answering your questions.
Through the concierge service we took the Water Taxi to see the Christmas lights. It was a great evening and fun. Did you know that for $10 you can hope on and off all evening so you can go to dinner, using different restaurants for your appetiser and your main course. Fun for everyone who tried it.
Use a taxi service from the hotel to the ship unless you have it booked with Princess. The hotel wanted $14 each and the taxi was $5.75 for both of us.
Walking out side to the Publix market and the various shops was a nice way to get exercise and see what was around at the same time.

Room Tip: higher floors are nicer for the less noise and the views of the city. There was a microwave and a f...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family