The day before leaving for Ft Lauderdale I found out my reservation had been cancelled by a woman at a Hilton call center who barely spoke English in a foreign country- OM Golly! Thanks to Hilton Honors for intervening on my behalf. They called the manager ES and got my reservation re-instated at the same rate I had booked. When I arrived Vanessa & Diana couldn't have been nicer. I arrived early they offered me breakfast & checked me right in about 10am. They had my packages waiting for me at the front desk. I had requested a room on a high floor near the elevator facing the port. And they made sure my requests were met. They gave me a great recommendation for lunch -Gilberts. The pool area was clean and gorgeous.
The manager's reception hit the spot! I have to admit my room was a bit tired and could have been a little cleaner. I asked the maid 3 times for coffee stirs and never received them. I was very impressed on how the breakfast area had improved. There was the friendliest and hard working crew keeping up with the big weekend crowd I had ever experienced . A very friendly upbeat gentleman at the omelet station kept everyone happy. The food was good & kudos to the very nice woman with the long dark hair that was working so hard to keep all the tables cleaned. She quickly cleared and cleaned a
Table for me to sit down. I did not receive a wake call and missed my hair appointment. Diana made an adjustment on my bill since I wasn't called. When checking out Diana & Vanessa were so busy but took the time to get
me help with my luggage and transportation to the port. They are amazing at the front desk always personable and extremely busy on the weekends with all of the cruise passengers. They both provided me with outstanding customer service.
I had a late flight the following Saturday after debarking the ship. I went back to Embassy Suites. They took care of my luggage I sat by the pool and had lunch before catching my 5 pm flight. Such a pleasant way to end the cruise. And ofcourse when I walked through the door there was Diana & Vanessa welcoming back! You can't wrong staying here before or after a cruise. The manager just needs to get the cleaning staff to do a better job & update the rooms, then it would really be a 4 star property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale