I've stayed here for several different business trips this year. My first stay was pretty good. In fact there was nothing whatsoever to complain about. But things didn't go so well on subsequent stays. On my second stay I was awakened very early in the morning by construction crews installing new utility services all around the hotel. I also started to notice that the room wasn't particularly clean or all that well maintained. On this stay my feelings have been completely confirmed. The construction outside the hotel continues on two sides. Unfortunately my room for this trip overlooks 17th Street (don't even think about it) and the almost constant noise from traffic makes it nearly impossible to get a decent night's sleep. Add to that the fact that the sliding glass door to the balcony doesn't completely seal and you wind up with a pretty unpleasant situation - even on the 12th floor. I've always gotten a king bed and I can tell you that they are miserably uncomfortable. Parking is now a problem as construction vehicles, trailers and equipment are everywhere, even blocking access to the parking lot. A huge part of the parking area has been dug up, so you can't park there. I prefer to self-park (which still costs $16 per day) so that meant that on a particularly rainy day I had to make a few attempts to get into the lone entrance to the parking lot and wait for a space to open up. For a tired business traveler, this is far from ideal. The cleanliness issue is also a problem. After a few stays you begin to notice that nothing in your room has been dusted in a while, the floors are only getting a quick vacuuming (grit under your feet, heaps of dust along the baseboards, in corners and under furniture). The living room furniture isn't at all confortable and the lighting is harsh. The sink drain in the bathroom barely flows. Little things like not exchanging the glasses you used the night before, not replacing the baggie on the ice bucket from one night to the next, having to scrounge around in the room to find out why the power supply for the clock is't plugged in, etc....these annoyances start to add up. Right now the television reception isn't working at all, so after the traffic noise woke me up at 4:30 AM there is absolutely nothing to do except write a review on tripadvisor. Since I have to come to Fort Lauderdale weekly for work, I think I'm going to be looking for a new home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale