Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Crown Inn Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
Landmark Inn(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
3,447 results
All reviewsevening receptionmanagers receptionmade to order breakfastpretzelsfree happy hourpre cruisecruise portcocktail hourfree breakfasttotal winewithin walking distancesun trolleypool areahotel shuttleclose to the airportliving roomconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2012

If you want to avoid a good night's sleep before your cruise, this is the place for you!

The valet parking, check in staff and housekeeping were all good and polite. The pool area was fine with poolside restrooms and a sauna. They have a hot tub that they kept pretty hot.

The complementary breakfast was good and a nice perk.

However, it's 10:30 pm now and people are yelling and having a wild time playing cards and drinking in the hallway. I called the front desk. What happened was these people were quiet for a couple minutes and now they are back at it.

I know the hotel cannot necessarily control the behavior of the guests, but this hotel actually encourages this type of thing by placing big round tables at the end of the hallways on floor 7 just outside the doors of several rooms. I don't consider people drinking, playing cards and yelling as something outside of what people should be allowed to do. In fact I think it is great that people have fun. But for a hotel to set us up for problems really is poor management.

I called the front desk twice and was told a manager would come up. Anyway, keep this in mind before you lose sleep on the night before your cruise. I absolutely wouldn't stay here unless you were convinced that this craziness was rectified. What were they thinking??!?

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank The4Monkeys
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Embassy Suites on 17th provides great lodging in an excellent location for those headed on a cruise. The rooms were large, well furnished and clean. The staff seemed very comfortable with the huge surge of passengers headed for one of half dozen ships leaving Ft. Lauderdale the next day. It was intimidating to see the swirl of activity at the complimentary breakfast in the morning but the lines moved right along and the tables were cleared and set up quickly. The location means you won't have to worry about cross town traffic when you are headed for your ship whether you have a van coming for you or have the hotel set up a ride for you.

It did get a little busy at happy hour the evening before but free drinks will do that. You can meet your friends for a drink there and then move on to one of the many pubs or restaurants within walking distance. The Habor Shops on Cordova behind the hotel offer some good choices. We all really did get into a relaxed mood after flying or driving in.

Room Tip: You could ask to be up and away from the 17th Street side of the building for a quieter room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CapeCarl
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Once again I had the pleasure of staying at the Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale. This time my visit was over the Memorial Day weekend and the hotel was totally sold out. In spite of this, the service, housekeeping, and personnel provided their usual, efficient and courteous services. And I must not forget to mention the daily complimentary cooked-to-order breakfasts and complimentary manager's cocktail reception every night. What a savings that is. One more thing, the swimming pool area is gorgeous.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Irvin S
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We really enjoyed our short overnight stay at the Embassy Suites. They put us on a high floor facing the port so we could see the cruise ship when we woke up in the morning. There is a shopping center directly behind the hotel and it was a great place to stop for dinner and some soda for the cruise. Happy hour was fun but get there early if you want a seat. The hotel provided a shuttle service from the airport and then again to the cruise ship. It was so easy. For an additional fee of $7 per person, they even picked us up after the cruise to take us to the airport. It was a great relief to have that taken care of. I would definitely stay here again if I cruise from Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gr8Nancy
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I've stayed here for several different business trips this year. My first stay was pretty good. In fact there was nothing whatsoever to complain about. But things didn't go so well on subsequent stays. On my second stay I was awakened very early in the morning by construction crews installing new utility services all around the hotel. I also started to notice that the room wasn't particularly clean or all that well maintained. On this stay my feelings have been completely confirmed. The construction outside the hotel continues on two sides. Unfortunately my room for this trip overlooks 17th Street (don't even think about it) and the almost constant noise from traffic makes it nearly impossible to get a decent night's sleep. Add to that the fact that the sliding glass door to the balcony doesn't completely seal and you wind up with a pretty unpleasant situation - even on the 12th floor. I've always gotten a king bed and I can tell you that they are miserably uncomfortable. Parking is now a problem as construction vehicles, trailers and equipment are everywhere, even blocking access to the parking lot. A huge part of the parking area has been dug up, so you can't park there. I prefer to self-park (which still costs $16 per day) so that meant that on a particularly rainy day I had to make a few attempts to get into the lone entrance to the parking lot and wait for a space to open up. For a tired business traveler, this is far from ideal. The cleanliness issue is also a problem. After a few stays you begin to notice that nothing in your room has been dusted in a while, the floors are only getting a quick vacuuming (grit under your feet, heaps of dust along the baseboards, in corners and under furniture). The living room furniture isn't at all confortable and the lighting is harsh. The sink drain in the bathroom barely flows. Little things like not exchanging the glasses you used the night before, not replacing the baggie on the ice bucket from one night to the next, having to scrounge around in the room to find out why the power supply for the clock is't plugged in, etc....these annoyances start to add up. Right now the television reception isn't working at all, so after the traffic noise woke me up at 4:30 AM there is absolutely nothing to do except write a review on tripadvisor. Since I have to come to Fort Lauderdale weekly for work, I think I'm going to be looking for a new home away from home.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 17th Street side, don't stay near either of the 2 elevator towers.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business